Which Should I Get?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 31 (51.67%) Now - Xbox 360

× 29 (48.33%) Save - Xbox One

• Added 03-09-2014 04:50 AM
  • 60 votes
  • Votes are public
Hey Everyone,
I have been trying to get everything together as fast as possible, if you read my introduction post you know what I mean. I'm saving money the best I can and currently I have enough for a Xbox 360. My question.. is it too late??.. or should I keep saving for a Xbox One??..

Do you guys think the 360 will be fazed out faster then people think?.. Do you think the games coming out will be the step child version and not supported as well?.. How fast do you think the user base will shrink?.. How long will GTN have active Xbox 360 users, that i can game with??..

This is probably a broad question with multiple different opinions, I just need help from my new gaming family to make the right decision. Microsoft says (2016) but seems like they want to push the Xbox One hard and already have press talking down on 360 and game releases being held back.

I appreciate your opinions and help
I don't have the XBox One yet, but I'd say save. The One is the new generation and sooner or later Microsoft will focus more on it than the 360, and you will find yourself wasting money.
Microsoft has promised 100 new Xbox 360 games over the next 3 years.

If that helps your decision.
I would say go with what has more games you really want to play. If your someone who needs to be "part of the conversation" when something like Titanfall and Evolve comes out then I would say XB1 since the experience is built for a next gen platform(also if everything you want to play is on both you might as well wait). If you don't feel the need to be an early adopter of a game and just want a huge selection it is hard not to say go 360.

One thing I would say is it is rumored both MS and Sony are going to do a Price drop announcement at E3 so if the only reason your asking is so you can get something asap I would say wait for a price drop and if you have the money for XB1 before E3 get it and if you don't and the price drop happens you can get 360 and some games with the savings(unless your really close to what you need for the XB1).

If Titanfall is your big thing atm(with your response to my poll you seem to be hyped for it) there is going to be a Titanfall bundle for the same price as the system is now so if that is your most looked forward to game of the year my recommendation would be wait. Not sure how much help I am considering I feel with all the if/then's for my recommendation of each that I can't vote without more info.
This truly is a hard question, I have enjoyed many a game on the 360 their getting cheaper, but as you mention I have both and the things I hear about the dual versions of the game are true the One performed better. You also have to figure on what Sony did.. They kept support for the PS2 for a very long time, will MS follow up on their offer as futiles pointed out? Of course the big push will always be the newest product. Lastly I would like to say this: are you the type of person/gamer that needs a huge gaming library or are you happy with the few good games...and most importantly, how much time do you spend on games? Those two questions should help... If you beat games quickly and want a vast number of games to pull from, go to a pawn shop and buy a cheap 360, if your not going to be spending as much time on it as you'd like, maybe the One would be more to your liking, its inventory will only grow and it's pacing itself nicely right now.

The One also is a bit more than just a gaming consol, it has a DVR built into it, whereas as the 360 does not. The Kinect and camera is 1000% better.. I love my 360, but I think as time goes on you'll see the difference between the two ports of games...

The way I read your intro. Wait.. Buy the One 1000 friends... Plus you may need the extra money waiting for games instead of having instant access to the 100s of 360 lower priced games..
You are on a budget so get the 360. Way more games, on the cheap, and get a One down the road when prices drop and there are used games. I just want you to get the most bang for your buck and that is never being an early adopter.
I think you should save. I think the 360 WILL continue to be supported nicely, for a year or two, but then after that, the "support" it continues to receive will become few and far between. So if you save $200 now, you have a machine for a year or two, and then will spend the $400-$500 ANYWAY (Don't kid yourself, you would get one sooner or later). If you go ahead and save, then get the new machine, you will be supported for about another decade.

Not to mention that the new system, by the time you get it, will be broadcast capable out of the box, so no need to set up finicky streaming captures and software to support what you want to do.
In your situation, I agree with palm 100%. By the time you're ready, the One will be more prevalent.
Thanks guys for all the input!!..its been a mental struggle. The Xbox One is the new guy so all the titles will look better and better support and newer titles will start to become next-gen only. So logically the Xbox One is there "Better" why to go...THEN.. The second Voice.. NOOOOO.. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!...lol comes in and says.. Cheaper games, play all the games I missed, catch up on my gamer score, etc. If only i had a million dollars Smile
So you'll have a backlog and cheaper games, but as time marches on, that backlog seems less and less enticing. There are a whole dump load of games for the 360, but honestly, not many (frankly only a handful of) games age well. For example, Assassin's Creed was intriguing in its time, but man I don't want to go back and play it now.

Xbox One is an investment for the future, the a 360 now is to rehash the past.

But don't take my word for it.
http://youtu.be/l9nFs2PeWw0
Thanks guys for all the input!!..its been a mental struggle. The Xbox One is the new guy so all the titles will look better and better support and newer titles will start to become next-gen only. So logically the Xbox One is there "Better" why to go...THEN.. The second Voice.. NOOOOO.. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!...lol comes in and says.. Cheaper games, play all the games I missed, catch up on my gamer score, etc. If only i had a million dollars Smile
Originally Posted by GamingTech84
Million? More like $800.00
Well Technically $811.85 :P but then I would have $999,188.15 left Smile - Troll Mode Now Deactivated
Well Technically $811.85 :P but then I would have $999,188.15 left Smile - Troll Mode Now Deactivated
Originally Posted by GamingTech84
Depends on tax rate, and store shopped at. Best Buy has 360 with games for $250. So, $750, and if you live in Oregon or Montana, that would be $750... (No sales tax)
yea I live in texas so .825

$499.99 + $249.99 = $749.98 X 1.0825(Sales Tax) = $811.85

I wish there was no sales tax..I would be in my glory with electronics. BUT I have great news guys I might be getting slightly used 360 250GB slim for Super Super cheap. If deal goes through hope to add you guys to my friends and get some games going. I'll update tonight.
There's a local lady here selling slim 120g 2 controllers I wired and 4 or 5 games.. all for $120... I hope she still has it because tomorrow I get paid.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account