Who runs the Xbox 360 music genre?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 5 (62.50%) Harmonix (Rock Band)

× 1 (12.50%) RedOctane (Guitar Hero)

× 1 (12.50%) Konami (DDR)

× 1 (12.50%) Others

• Added 07-12-2008 07:38 AM
  • 8 votes
Charts and sales may say one thing but we all have our opinions as to who really rules the Xbox 360 music genre. From Konami's original Dance Dance Revolution series to the new and popular Rock Band series, this genre is definitely going places.

We didn't start the fire, so who did? And which of these developers are most likely to create the video game that killed the radio star?
Last edited 07-12-2008 at 09:27 AM by GTN Eric.
Even though i havent played rock band i can see it wil grow as it has a heavy emphasis on MP which GH somewhat lacks in terms of fun. Rock Band lets you feel like your in a band with all the different instruments. Although with a drum kit coming with GH4 (or whatever the next title is) we may see a shift. But if it goes that far the two may as well just merge again.
definitely Rock Band. it was a huge step up from everything Guitar Hero offered.
You can't fuck with Rock Band

And with Rock Band 2 on it's way, GH4 will stand no chance.
While Rockband and Guitar hero well... Rock, excuse the pun, nothing compares to a drink fuelled night on a DDR platform...

DDR seems to be the one thing in the world that turn the Swiss from sober to maddening...

It's a shame to see it die out though, as Rockband DOES in fact seem set to take the market over completely.
Rock band.. no doubt.. its funner.. but easier XD
While Rockband and Guitar hero well... Rock, excuse the pun, nothing compares to a drink fuelled night on a DDR platform...

DDR seems to be the one thing in the world that turn the Swiss from sober to maddening...

It's a shame to see it die out though, as Rockband DOES in fact seem set to take the market over completely.
Originally Posted by Killak
Konami is still keeping up to date with their DDR fans actually. They are scheduled to release the next installment on the 360, Dance Dance Revolution Universe 3 sometime this year.

They are also developing a Rock Band-like music game known as Rock Revolution. I saw Rock Revolution in the latest EGM and it doesn't look too shabby. Though, I think Rock Band has the advantage since they were so early to release.
I cant find a track list for GH World Tour but id like to see what they have to offer. They had Travis Barker in a vid so that most likely means some +44...or even better some Blink 182. ..Easy Target anyone?
While I am not too sure how reliable Wikipedia is, they do have some good information on the soundtrack for GH: World Tour. Looks like Blink 182's Dammit is a possibility and that's very promising. It hasn't been confirmed though. Frown

Anyway, check it out here
come to think of it i remember dammit being on the trailer so thats in the game certainly.
come to think of it i remember dammit being on the trailer so thats in the game certainly.
Originally Posted by Blank Planet
I wouldn't count on it exactly, unless you have seen it confirmed on the set list. Not sure if the UK had the same Guitar Hero III TV ads like we did here in the USA, but it featured Velvet Revolver's "Slither" which became a DLC that you had to pay for. Talk about false advertising.
It was the song travis was playing so itll be in there somewhere but hopefully on the released game not DLC. I like the song but im not gonna pay extra for it. The games gonna cost enough with its guitar and drum kit.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account