The Walking Dead

Entertainment

Well, I have recently gotten into this comic, As well as the AMC television series. Its funny because I just found out that this coming April, There will be an Arcade release based on this story. Like I said, Its great because I've really only just discovered this not 2 or 3 weeks after learning I love this story.

Anyway, Anybody else into The Walking Dead?
I watched season 1 a few months ago via Netflix. I enjoyed it, looking forward to season 2.
Hey, Cool man! I prolly shouldn't say this here, But I've been really tempted to bootleg season 2. Its not right to distribute someone elses work without their consent, So this is something I need to think about. I know for sure I will go out and BUY all these shows on blu-ray, Its just a matter of waiting, Or taking the risk having a lawsuit on my ass. So, props for diggin TWD as well anyway!
Thanks for the link, ikmyer. I didn't realize this was available digitally. I guess its because I watch very little T.V. Movies etc.
When I checked out the site that link directs to, I discovered that an old favorite movie of mine called "Cube" Is available in HD, But only through an app available on the PS3. So I fired mine up, Only to learn that this feature is only available to americans. Kinda sucks eh?
Hopefully, The next gen consoles will have waaay more HD content as well as 3D movies for download. I always find between the PS3 and 360, There is either a lack of content, Or a lack of High Definition stuff...Or both. Anyway, All these episodes are ALSO available on Zune for rent/Purchase. And for only 250 points, I can get any episode in HD.
I love HD and stuff. Not completely neccessary, But a definite preference over here. Also is great because I don't have a credit card, But do have PayPal, So this is right up my alley. Thanks again for the link. Cheers.
So, I'm not sure how there's not a thread for this already Wink lol

But there's one now! Smile Anyone a fan of the Walking Dead? Season 4 just premiered on Sunday, October 13th.

I myself have been a fan of the series since day one and look forward to what this season has to surprise us with. Smile
LOVE IT!!! Sorry for yelling. Now that Breaking Bad is over, I can obsess on Walking Dead again Big Grin
I watched the first 2 and a half series on dvd and a bit on tv when I caught up but I think I had a zombie overload and got bored for a bit. The first 3 series are on lovefilm instant now so I may watch the rest of series 3 on there and record series 4 ready for me to watch
Been a fan of the comic, but have stopped reading.... I've been glued to the tv every episode that has aired!! Love this show and was glad to see it picked up finally. I hear a major antagonist will be showing up this season..maybe near the end I would think...how many of you knew that Patrick was Phinius?
I'm a fan a well, watched the entire series like 3 times already between AMC and Netflix.
I'm a fan a well, watched the entire series like 3 times already between AMC and Netflix.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I have too! Smile I was just happy Netflix had it to keep my attention till this new season Smile

Been a fan of the comic, but have stopped reading.... I've been glued to the tv every episode that has aired!! Love this show and was glad to see it picked up finally. I hear a major antagonist will be showing up this season..maybe near the end I would think...how many of you knew that Patrick was Phinius?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I've heard that the TV series isn't following the books at all from who the TV series decided to 'kill off' and who actually died in the book. Idk, I haven't read them so I could have heard wrong. Smile Either way, I've heard the comics are great!
I love both comic and show. When the collectors edition of the game came out last Nov. (?), I had to have the special edition of the comics. It's all what was released in one book. Sweet read.
Funny thing is the Comic was first pushed as a show but no one was buying so, Robert Kirkman decided to do it in comic format, he said the show was always his first idea and that after the comic became such a huge success he had a friend of his tell him he was talking to the wrong TV people...

He said the comic script was not what he originally intended either, that he made changes because it was originally written as a show, some characters became more fleshed out and thus changed the dynamic of others still..

so when the time came for the show and it being just a pilot and he wasn't sure if it would sell, the first season was only a staggering 6 episodes, Kirkman said he needed to make it really good and went back and reassessed his original tv script, for impact he had to make some harsh changes and after doing the comic he realized some characters he didn't want to invest in as he did in the comic as they weren't as relevant to the story he originally intended.

He also saw and took into consideration the fans of the book and his own writing direction as he grew. Thus his statements before the show aired and after it took off, that the show will not necessarily follow the book.

Those statement and other reasons are why I stopped reading the books, I pretty much left the book about where last season ended, so I see the difference's in book and show and I didn't want to be torn between what was happening to the characters in the book as opposed to the show. I generally like the show way better anyway, its cleaner, and I thin anyone reading this far and has read the books and seen the show can understand where I'm coming from, even if they like the book better.
Those statement and other reasons are why I stopped reading the books, I pretty much left the book about where last season ended
You know, that issue was published 2.5 years before the show even premiered?
You know, that issue was published 2.5 years before the show even premiered?
Originally Posted by futiles
Yes, I know. I was walking thru a bookstore the other day and was looking at the collections thinking how long I had been away, I noticed the new issue and decided it wouldn't hurt to poke thru it seeing as the book doesn't follow the show, but knowing that there could possibly be spoilers.....wow....lets just say wow...and that's when I realized just how long ago I actually stopped reading... I know it was the end of last seaonish because I saw Glen in the riot gear in the first episode.. But man if it did follow the book closely...things would have been a lot different, but considering what happens...um.. Nevermind I think you know what I'm referring to about our sword wielding friend... Unless I was mistaken and this is the season, but its generally about this time in the book vs. The show.
Yes, I know. I was walking thru a bookstore the other day and was looking at the collections thinking how long I had been away, I noticed the new issue and decided it wouldn't hurt to poke thru it seeing as the book doesn't follow the show, but knowing that there could possibly be spoilers.....wow....lets just say wow...and that's when I realized just how long ago I actually stopped reading... I know it was the end of last seaonish because I saw Glen in the riot gear in the first episode.. But man if it did follow the book closely...things would have been a lot different, but considering what happens...um.. Nevermind I think you know what I'm referring to about our sword wielding friend... Unless I was mistaken and this is the season, but its generally about this time in the book vs. The show.
I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say.

If you mean the interaction between Michonne and the Governor, they did that scene last season, but used Maggie instead.
In what is probably an obvious decision, AMC has ordered an entire sixth season for "The Walking Dead" before the fifth season even premiers. (Season Five premier is this weekend, Sunday October 12, 2014).

You can read the very short article here: http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/the-...-6-1201323592/

It also mentions the ordered pilot of a companion series that has been talked about multiple places, which will be created by Robert Kirkman.

Who else is looking forward to this weekend?
love the walking dead. I buy every season on xbox video. same with south park lol
I only played the games until recently when AMC had a "Dead, White and Blue" weekend. I caught the first four episodes, obviously budget, but I thought it was good and I was hooked. I only stopped watching because I intend to try and convince the wife to watch it with me.
I cant wait for this, I think this season is going to be very intense from start to finish. at least that's what some of the interviews Ive read suggest, very excited to see how this season plays out. I do hate how they split the season into two though with a break around playoff time.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account