Xbox One Getting Digital Game Preorders "Soon," Dev Says -- Will You Use It?

Sunset Overdrive

Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

Sunset Overdrive developer Insomniac Games says the functionality should be available sometime before launch in October.

Awesome feature.... I use it :-)

Xbox One owners will be able to preorder a digital copy of Insomniac Games' upcoming stylized shooter Sunset Overdrive "soon," the developer has confirmed, suggesting the this option could be rolled out as a new system feature in the not-too-distant future.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbo.../1100-6421098/
That's what I need, digital preorders. As long as we have preorder bonuses, otherwise, I don't know what the benefit would be.
Yeah, no reason to preorder digital, since it's not like they won't have enough stock. They'll have to (at least) have the same preorder bonuses as EB Games/BB/etc. if they expect anyone to use it.
I think the main point, and the reason behind it being requested at xbox.com repeatedly, is that a digital pre-order would download early, and would time-unlock at midnight release day.

So, that 40GB game that requires more than 75% downloaded before you can start it would be 100% downloaded ahead of time, sitting on your console locked and ready for "release" to the public.
I'm sticking with discs until they become a thing of the past. In the time it takes me to download a game on my backwoods ISP, I could drive back and forth from Wally World about 25 times. I'm simply impatient as hell. I hate required installs because of the time involved, much less downloading the whole game.
I'm sticking with discs until they become a thing of the past. In the time it takes me to download a game on my backwoods ISP, I could drive back and forth from Wally World about 25 times. I'm simply impatient as hell. I hate required installs because of the time involved, much less downloading the whole game.
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
So, you are the perfect person to do digital preorders! Preorder Halo now, and have it downloaded by November.
I am with everyone that says, "only if we get the extra swag." I would use it. My internet sucks in Germany! I miss Hawaii speeds...and if you've had the island lag you would laugh at missing the internet there.
I really dislike "Pre-Order Bonus" stuff. They don't add anything, and sometimes detract from the game in my opinion, breaking narrative. For this it is not the "pre order" that has me excited, but as Futiles said, it's more about the pre-loading. Being able to have the game ready to go and unlocked at release digitally is what I think is fun instead of having to wait for it to download and play, I can have it set up before hand.

We'll see if they mean pre-order, pre-load, or both when Sunset Overdrive is released.
I don't care about preloading. My internet connection is great and I rarely play games anywhere near when I buy them. If I'm excited by a game I'll buy it at work and it's done downloading by the time I get home.
I think the main point, and the reason behind it being requested at xbox.com repeatedly, is that a digital pre-order would download early, and would time-unlock at midnight release day.

So, that 40GB game that requires more than 75% downloaded before you can start it would be 100% downloaded ahead of time, sitting on your console locked and ready for "release" to the public.
Originally Posted by futiles
I guess it depends if they actually let you do that. I have a feeling they still wouldn't allow the download until release date, since they don't want people having the content early, even if it's date locked. You know someone is going to figure out how to hack it and post it all over the internet if they do.
All depends on pricing. If it's cheaper to pre-order a retail copy, I'll continue to do so.
All depends on pricing. If it's cheaper to pre-order a retail copy, I'll continue to do so.
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin
Exactly :-)

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account