"Hide my profile from members directory and searches" - not working?

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 4 posts - Go to Last Post

Resolved
Hi everyone. I really want to hide my profile from the public and from searches because there are these people that have been pestering me intermittently on Xbox time and time again so I have gone as far as changing my gamertag and my picture to stop this from happening. I am now also trying to hide my profile from the public to be extra sure, but when I logout and test this, I can still get to my profile using a direct link, where a message is displayed - "This user wishes to hide their profile from the public" but all my info is still visible! Also if I search for my name while I'm logged out, I can be found. Is this simply because it is a new feature, or does it take a while to fully hide a profile?
Thank you.
Well, not being the tech guy for the site, I can only assume that your profile has had plenty of time to make all major adjustments since you have registered, unless you made privacy adjustments in the last few hours and even then. I have to admit that I'm not aware that the privacy setting would completely stop your Gamertag from being detected, but you're right about it not supposed to show your private information. I have gone ahead and alerted GTN Eric about your thread and hopefully he will get back with you sooner rather than later and with a more clear explanation and solutions to your problem. Thank you for pointing this one out.
Status changed from 'Logged' to 'Resolved' - Sorry for the trouble - that was a new feature still early in development. Hiding your profile now works as expected. More updates on the way too.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account