Completion percent badge - should I have this?

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 30 posts - Go to Last Post

Resolved
I think the completion percentage got messed up. Did the calculation change? I'm not sure by what formula I would hit 80% completion rate?
I just assumed foul play, abuse of power, you know.. all that stuff Stick Out Tongue
I am working on this now. There was an issue with an update I made this afternoon. I'll also remove the badges which were incorrectly awarded.
Damn. I thought I could get away with my badges for "maintaining" a completion percentage of above 75 and 90% :P
The badges have been removed now. I'm working on a formula for calculating the completion percentage since it is no longer provided to us through the API. So hang with me.
Completion percentages will be recalculated and updated on everyone's profile tomorrow.
You can now find your updated completion rate on your profile. This has also been updated anywhere the completion percentage is shown (leaderboards, gamertags page, stats page, etc)

Your completion percentage is recalculated anytime you unlock an achievement, play a new game, and add a new DLC pack to your profile. This was a major update so please let me know if you believe there is an error with your completion totals.
Did you run the badges yet? Based on the current number, I should be getting the 50.

Could we do a tooltip on the number that tells what goes into the calculation? I'm guessing it's all games played, but not including DLC that I don't have achievements in?
I'll run the badges later this afternoon. I'm also planning to show a breakdown of what's included in the completion rate for each user. Might be able to get this done today. It's on my list.
Update: Badges were run sometime in the last hour, so those that were missing the Overall Completionist badge should now have them (based on the current calculation of the completion percentage). I also renamed the Overall Completionist badges to Efficient Gamer. Smile
Update: Badges were run sometime in the last hour, so those that were missing the Overall Completionist badge should now have them (based on the current calculation of the completion percentage). I also renamed the Overall Completionist badges to Efficient Gamer. Smile
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Thanks... Enjoying my shiny 50% badge... I'll never be eligible for any of the others.
Thanks for that. Did you get a chance to post what the calculations were? Just curious where I dropped that 3%, but not a big deal.
Thanks... Enjoying my shiny 50% badge... I'll never be eligible for any of the others.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
You never know, I'm still working on bending Eric's will and not including 0 gamerscore games in the calulations, so maybe that'll help you out if it happens. 8)
You never know, I'm still working on bending Eric's will and not including 0 gamerscore games in the calulations, so maybe that'll help you out if it happens. 8)
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Best case, that would put me at roughly 62%. One of the first things I did when I took over at 360voice was put in a 62.5% badge... I've been at 60-62% ever since. Can't seem to close that gap.
Best case, that would put me at roughly 62%. One of the first things I did when I took over at 360voice was put in a 62.5% badge... I've been at 60-62% ever since. Can't seem to close that gap.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
So that's where that 62.5% badge came from, lol.
So that's where that 62.5% badge came from, lol.
Or it's halfway between 50 & 75, but I am always suspicious when Fsh 'suggests' badges!
Thanks for that. Did you get a chance to post what the calculations were? Just curious where I dropped that 3%, but not a big deal.
In its simplest form, the completion rate is calculated as:

Earned Achievements / Total Possible Achievements

The total possible achievements number only counts achievements for DLC packs that you own (ie: you've unlocked an achievement for that DLC pack) along with any non-DLC achievements (ie: achievements included in the full game).
In its simplest form, the completion rate is calculated as:

Earned Achievements / Total Possible Achievements

The total possible achievements number only counts achievements for DLC packs that you own (ie: you've unlocked an achievement for that DLC pack) along with any non-DLC achievements (ie: achievements included in the full game).
That might be it, if it's calculating achievements now and used to calculate based on gamerscore. Can't see mine dropping that much otherwise. Thanks for the clarification regardless.
Thanks for the clarification, my did not drop further on this change.

I'm still with Buck on not including 0 gamerscore games in the calculation
Thanks for the clarification, my did not drop further on this change.

I'm still with Buck on not including 0 gamerscore games in the calculation
Originally Posted by pTartTX
I'll have to look into excluding games with 0 achievements earned. It would be a fairly simple ch
ange. Let me test this out and get back to you on this.

Update: I have updated the completion rate formula to exclude games with 0 unlocked achievements now.
Last edited 08-08-2014 at 09:40 AM by GTN Eric.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account