Xbox One Freezing Issue

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 8 posts - Go to Last Post

So it appears my Xbox One might be a giant brick now. I can turn on the Xbox with the power switch on the console, the guide button on the controller, or through voice activation. However, once the console powers on it will not automatically log me in, which I have set to, nor will it recognize me. If I select anything on the screen, through controller or voice command, the loading screen for whatever I selected appears and then nothing. It doesn't matter what I select, sign in, play a game, achievements, or app all the same result. Also, when I insert a disc, the Xbox won't recognize it because the tile that usually shows the disc always displays "Insert Disc"

Any ideas what could be wrong and how to fix it?

Help me GT nation, or are my only hope...or I will have to call M$ support!!
Have you soft reset it?

Hold the power light on the front of the console for 5-10 seconds, and the X1 will do a full shutdown. This will clear most issues.

Of that doesn't work, do the same thing, and then remove power while it is powered off. Clearing power will allow and RAM to clear itself fully.

If that doesn't work, you might be hosed, but, I bet you will be fine.

(Also, if neither above works, disconnect anything attached via USB and/or Kinect port, and reset it again. Power up will all accessories disconnected, and see if it works. Then add accessories one-by-one, and see which one breaks it)
Have the same issue occasionally. Sometimes my controller stops working, voice commands are kaput, etc. Soft reset as suggested above always solves the problem thankfully.
Have you soft reset it?

Hold the power light on the front of the console for 5-10 seconds, and the X1 will do a full shutdown. This will clear most issues.

Of that doesn't work, do the same thing, and then remove power while it is powered off. Clearing power will allow and RAM to clear itself fully.

If that doesn't work, you might be hosed, but, I bet you will be fine.

(Also, if neither above works, disconnect anything attached via USB and/or Kinect port, and reset it again. Power up will all accessories disconnected, and see if it works. Then add accessories one-by-one, and see which one breaks it)
Originally Posted by futiles

I did remove the power cord for 20 sec and tried again, but same thing. Will try the soft reset, thanks.
Sounds like you'll have to call Microsoft... Not sure if there's a factory reset option to reset the software.

You could also be having problems with your internet, try hardwiring it and see if that helps or wifi if you are already hard wired.
There is a factory reset option buried in the settings, but be prepared to sit though it downloading all the updates again, plus redownloading all your games and content that were digital, plus re-installing and updating disc based games. Although, if it's bricked, you'd have to do all the same things with a new console.
There is a factory reset option buried in the settings, but be prepared to sit though it downloading all the updates again, plus redownloading all your games and content that were digital, plus re-installing and updating disc based games. Although, if it's bricked, you'd have to do all the same things with a new console.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
What's easier, last ditch effort to do this, or call MS support. Of course they'll make you go through a billion asinine steps to get to the same point.
Xbox One is operational again. I turned it off and left for work and when I came back it was all good again. I stumble on some wiki guide that said some users find issues go away by themselves AFTER a 20 minute plus power down. So, all is good now, thanks!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account