Achievement Fest 2014

General Chat

If anyone is interested in taking part in a gaming get together, Achievement Fest 2014 has opened seat reservations.

You can check it out here.

It's usually a good time had by all, and many people do the 5-day pass.
I wish I could go at least once, but with wife and three kids (not to mention work) I'm just not in a position where i can tell the wife I'm going to Indiana to play games for three days. Oh to be younger again.
Who needs to be younger? You are actually in the median age. Most of us are married, with kids, and are 35-50 years old.

My wife comes along, and is already registered (LibrarianBeth).

So, bring the wife and kids, if they don't want to game, let them go to Indianapolis for the weekend, see some sites, do a museum, take a tour, whatever...
Who needs to be younger? You are actually in the median age. Most of us are married, with kids, and are 35-50 years old.

My wife comes along, and is already registered (LibrarianBeth).

So, bring the wife and kids, if they don't want to game, let them go to Indianapolis for the weekend, see some sites, do a museum, take a tour, whatever...
Originally Posted by futiles
You make it sound soo inciting.... lol.. I've wanted to go since it's inception.. maybe this year I'll get to.
I hope you meant enticing. Inciting would be very different...

And you should go. Meet other gamers. Play on the EU and Japanese consoles. Take part in the Guinness World Record Attempt(s). Boost out difficult achievements.

Almost everyone there will have a 360 AND a WindowsPhone AND a Windows8 tablet/PC with them. Usually a few Android and iOS devices for anyone that needs those versions of Wordament. But, we were all turbo boosting the Red Dead Redemption Poker and Liar's Dice achievements, while also grouping up for WP MP achievements.

Very easy to coordinate when the other people are standing right next to you.
I hope you meant enticing. Inciting would be very different...
Originally Posted by futiles
You sir are correct yet again.. enticing it is...I'll try to be more diligent in my spelling!
Been thinking about it since it started 2 years ago, going to tell a few friends on TA and do it

Thanks for the heads up Futiles
Don't forget to register at achievementfest.com. We are trying to get people using the forums there, make it one central location to plan out boosting sessions, after hours activities, sharing rides, sharing hotels, whatever else.
I am chatting with BoZack, too. Hopefully we will have information on discounted hotel rates and a block of rooms reserved for AF2014 attendees.
I wish I could go at least once, but with wife and three kids (not to mention work) I'm just not in a position where i can tell the wife I'm going to Indiana to play games for three days. Oh to be younger again.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Well. After reading this, I don't need to reply... since it is verbatim what I would have said.

But....

I'm gonna try and go anyways.
We have rooms reserved at a special rate available!

Got the rate reduced!!! Only $69/night for 2 double beds or a single king. Book your room at Holiday Inn, link to rate available in article linked above.
Last edited 03-11-2014 at 07:22 PM by futiles.
Just 30 more days until Achievement Fest 2014.

Have you ever wanted to meet:

futiles
Fshguy
BoZack
Streak Leader
Hotdogmcgee
dacoto
CKinAL
Hobbswmpd
JB330
Elem3ntal80
Buckswana
LibrarianBeth
SG Steelhead
DrMondo7
Hitchman1
MissFourtune
NesCaughtfire33

Well, why aren't you registered for the event?

www.achievementfest.com

Go there now.
Last edited 06-18-2014 at 12:44 AM by futiles.
I'm with Porche and Kaens. Maybe when I ship them all off to College and we're on the Xbox... Two? Xbox Oculus? Xbox Holo? 2024 should be pretty interesting.
I'm working on it, I know you guys want to beat....er meet me too! Lol.. Really though I don't know if I'll make this years...are there discounts again?
I'm working on it, I know you guys want to beat....er meet me too! Lol.. Really though I don't know if I'll make this years...are there discounts again?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
There is a discounted room linked above. $69/night at a very nice hotel. There is shuttle service to and from the hotel and eBash and the airport. There is community and fellowship. The weekend cost is about $60/person to use the eBash facility. You then need travel and food.
Sadly no...no update.. but there is still a sleight possibility...slight.....
Waiting to see if 5 of my friends are going, i don't think some of their wives are letting them cause we all went to the GiJoe Con for the weekend in April, will text them for an update.
Waiting to see if 5 of my friends are going, i don't think some of their wives are letting them cause we all went to the GiJoe Con for the weekend in April, will text them for an update.
Originally Posted by BigNev44
Oh, if you have a group going, I suggest doing like we did, and split the entire room.

Hotdogmcgee, dacoto, CKinAL, Buckswana, LibrarianBeth, and I add the two remaining seats in our room, which lets us put 3 people on each side, and that is well worth the slight extra cost.

My suggestion would be seats 56-63, the Red Room.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account