GTSC 2014 Team interest?

General Chat

Found 21 posts - Go to Last Post

Is anyone here interested in forming a Gamertag Nation team for the Great TrueAchievement Score Challenge 2014 over at True Achievements? I consistently get achievements, and think I could contribute to a team, but I don't have a particular community on TA or IRL that would make a good team. Post below if you are interested, and we can see what we can do.
I'll help out, but I don't plan on changing my gaming habits or going nuts. If anyone needs a body, I score decent every week/month.
Sounds cool palmettobling, you can scribble my GT down for some fun, but put me down as fifth man our daughter had her baby a few days ago (2/3 weeks early) and it's been a tuff time all round gaming now is a treat, that's if our other two daughters BF's let me play MY XBOX again, they have hijacked it over the past week, but I have managed too get a few games in... huh... lucky me Wink

Regards
Homie
I've gone ahead and created the team: "Gamertag Nation Community Team". Let me know if you would like an invite.

I've sent one to Kaens, but I can't send one to you Homie, as you need to be registered on TrueAcievements.com for more than six months to participate.
Team of two, going to be challenging! Wink
So now that I'm in it, I went and looked this thing up. Looks like right now with just the two of us, we are about halfway up the list. Teams look like teams of four, so we just need two more people to help me & Palm (name gets shorter every time I have to write it, soon it will be P).
As it sounds i could be your 4th... Just waiting on a confirmation of denial for another team..they seem to be a bit more hardcore than I am and I don't want to be the weak link.
My idea is for a community team, not necessarily competitive. Just get the name Gamertag Nation out there, maybe bring some cool people to the community here. It's meant for fun, I don't want to run a DOTA 2 or StarCraft 2 training house here.
My idea is for a community team, not necessarily competitive. Just get the name Gamertag Nation out there, maybe bring some cool people to the community here. It's meant for fun, I don't want to run a DOTA 2 or StarCraft 2 training house here.
Originally Posted by palmettobling
um....what?
um....what?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I think Palm misread what you wrote B8 and thought you wanted to be in a competitive team. He was clarifying that this is a community team, not necessarily trying to win it all. I think we are all on the same page.
Just joined your team... The others were taking too long to decide so now the team captain needs to get us officially registered!!
Yay! Welcome aboard. Now to just sit back and see how we do.
Wow, starting off as #22 out of #166 is not bad. Great crew.
Everyone on the team, please join the leaderboard here:
http://www.trueachievements.com/lead...erboardid=6122

The rules are posted here:
http://www.trueachievements.com/foru...readid=4100766

Rules are simple, you have managed not to be labeled cheaters thus far, so just keep doing what you're doing.

And that should be everything.
Rules are simple, you have managed not to be labeled cheaters thus far, so just keep doing what you're doing.

And that should be everything.
Originally Posted by palmettobling
That's what I like to hear, just keep playing! So is there some point where you are going to tell us to score lots or anything?
That's what I like to hear, just keep playing! So is there some point where you are going to tell us to score lots or anything?
Originally Posted by Kaens
only if we make it to this time next year!
So I've been reading the rules and the FAQ, but I still don't get one thing. Lowest scoring team each week is nixed right? Are the stats cumulative though? For example, if we score 1000 a week after 3 weeks are we the lowest with 3000 or are we the lowest with 1000?

The reason I ask is I'm thinking of dropping several 1000 soon and it would just be nice if it counted for the total not just a week when we don't need it.
So I've been reading the rules and the FAQ, but I still don't get one thing. Lowest scoring team each week is nixed right? Are the stats cumulative though? For example, if we score 1000 a week after 3 weeks are we the lowest with 3000 or are we the lowest with 1000?

The reason I ask is I'm thinking of dropping several 1000 soon and it would just be nice if it counted for the total not just a week when we don't need it.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Sadly it is not cumulative. In other words, yes the scores reset after every week. Also be aware that the scores are not based on a pure gamerscore, Example: Avatar the Burning Earth has 1000 gamerscore but it only has 990 True Achievement score, on the other hand Inversion has 1000 pure gamerscore but it has a True Achievement score of 2360. ( this may not necessarily be true I'm only using these numbers as an example, I'm on a phone here give me a break!)

This contest is scored by True Achievement scoring.. So an achievement like The Simpsons "Press start" for 10 gamerscore is actually only worth 3 true achievement score and Call of Duty 3 "General" is actually worth 550 true achievements as apposed to its 50 gamerscore given by Microsoft. (again I'm just using random numbers to explain)
So we should make a new thread now that the team is official here, a place to drop messages and discuss the contest. I'll leave that up to our fearless leader...when one is made, please let us know and maybe a link would help.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account