A couple of badge problems

Issues & Bug Reports

I logged in this morning between 2 AM and 4 AM and didn't get "Night Owl"
I have played more than one game with unobtainable achievements and haven't gotten "Glitched"
Was your timezone correct?

I think some badges only update once a day so it may pop tomorrow.

What game you play with unobtainable cheevo?
Timezone was correct on my devices I logged in with. If there is a setting on the site, I am not aware of it.

One game I played is Six-Guns for Windows 8.
At the bottom of the is time zone setting which would be same as when you registered.
Timezone was correct on my devices I logged in with. If there is a setting on the site, I am not aware of it.

One game I played is Six-Guns for Windows 8.
Originally Posted by napoearth
Well right now the 100% Completion is not listed as (Glitched) in the GTN Database so you would not get the badge if this is the only game with a glitched/unobtainable achievement, until this is fixed and I'm not sure why this is not listed that way. Eric has his own criteria for this and I'm not going to override anything like that unless he asks. I see we have one person that has this achievement, It is supposedly achievable but apparently its like winning the super lottery.
As far as I am aware the "lottery" method has never been verified to work on the Win 8 version. Also, you might want to have a look at the time stamps on that game for that guy. They look pretty sketchy. Also look at Little Mermaid, for this guy. This is another well known glitched game of mine that has 17 achievements that the content was never released for. This guy magically has all of those too. This site might want to police cheaters if it's going to have badges for 1st to complete games and the like.
If someone has all the Little Mermaid achievements, that's a clear sign that they're a cheater.
If someone has all the Little Mermaid achievements, that's a clear sign that they're a cheater.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
I'd have to agree with you there.
Does this site even have a cheating policy or ban gamers with cheated cards from leaderboards?
ailaodao had another win 8 game were every achievement was got at exact same time.

I think cheaters should be banned from using the site or given limited functions but as a basic blog with no clickable links or comments etc
Just curious, now that ailaodao has be removed from my two glitched games, will I get the glitched badge?
I had another 2:00 am visit with no badge. I verified the time zone on my device and on the site.
Promise we are not ignoring you. Your issues and concerns are being looked at by staff.
I understand. I just wanted to update that I took the steps dieselv2 mentioned earlier in the thread and still had the issue.
It's easy to award a badge that doesn't unlock, but we also want to solve the cause so it doesn't happen in the future, if possible. Thanks for being patient.
So I figured out why it possibly wasn't working on my end. I leave a tab open on Gamertag Nation in Firefox on my phone. Even though I close the browser, it is still technically logged in. Now when I just open the browser and select that tab, it doesn't count as logging in at that time. So last night I closed that tab earlier in the evening, then after 2:00 am, I open the browser and then go to the website from a bookmark and pop goes Night Owl.

Now, I'm just curious how Six-Guns Win 8 or Little Mermaid don't get me the glitched badge.
So I figured out why it possibly wasn't working on my end. I leave a tab open on Gamertag Nation in Firefox on my phone. Even though I close the browser, it is still technically logged in. Now when I just open the browser and select that tab, it doesn't count as logging in at that time. So last night I closed that tab earlier in the evening, then after 2:00 am, I open the browser and then go to the website from a bookmark and pop goes Night Owl.

Now, I'm just curious how Six-Guns Win 8 or Little Mermaid don't get me the glitched badge.
Strange...I'm constantly logged in on my phone and was at the time I unlocked it on the site. Unless Eric has changed the coding to use the first log in id?

As for Little Mermaid, TA says "This game has 17 Unobtainable achievements" hahaha

Well glad you got that sorted and that may very well be the case. I keep myself logged in on at least two devices at all times, but just because I'm logged on/in GTN will actually drop your presence but not log you out within a time fram of inactivity. This has something to do with internet spiders and such I believe...although I could be very wrong on that. So, say 50 people are logged in at one time, but only 5 of them at any one time are scrolling through and checking threads and games and the site in general. GTN will only keep track of those 5 active users for badge purposes and such. I'm sure one of our more tech savvy members could probably explain it better.
Leaving a tab open does not keep you logged in, this is why people can't keep their login streak. I leave a tab open all the time as well, and when I hit F5 to reload the page the data reloads my homepage, but I don't have the green border around my picture. The next page I go to does, even if I just hit F5 twice.

So it's a moot point now anyways, but next time log in and post to your wall. There would be a timestamp at the bottom of your message and you can point to that as proof you were logged in.
Leaving a tab open does not keep you logged in, this is why people can't keep their login streak. I leave a tab open all the time as well, and when I hit F5 to reload the page the data reloads my homepage, but I don't have the green border around my picture. The next page I go to does, even if I just hit F5 twice.

So it's a moot point now anyways, but next time log in and post to your wall. There would be a timestamp at the bottom of your message and you can point to that as proof you were logged in.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Fine, but that is the conclusion I came to, because I visited the site previously on two different occasions between 2 and 4 am, once on more than one device, and did not get the badge. The first time I made sure that the page was not open on any device I owned, and then went to the site, it unlocked. Seeing as how my time zone was correct every time, unless something was altered somewhere else, I don't see what else was causing it.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account