Favourite type of pet

General Chat

Found 16 posts - Go to Last Post

I can't believe there isn't a thread for this yet. Let's talk pets. Whether they be cute, fluffy and friendly or scaly, rough and slightly fierce I want to know.

My house is full of pets. All of them had been mistreated by their previous owners.
The first pets my wife got was 2 cats. It started with just the 1 but then she wanted another to keep it company. The second cat would not go anywhere near a female person and was skinnier than a rake.

After about 2 years she found a bearded dragon for sale. £20 for the lizard, tank and everything else it needed. We thought it was a bargain until we found 2 sores on its back legs, the tank had the wrong stuff inside for it and its claws had curled round into its feet where they were never trimmed.

The most recent additions to our pet collection is a family of 3 rabbits. They were given to us out of the blue by my brother who then told us that he had been asked by his neighbour to take them up the mountain and shoot them because she was bored of them. My brother decided to talk her into giving everything to me and my wife for free without asking us and turned up on our doorstep 11 o'clock at night after an hours drive.

As much as I like my pets and I don't like animal cruelty, the only pet I ever asked for was a dog.

So what's the story behind your pets?
Cat. Having dogs is like having an extra child.
Persoanlly I like dogs,

I have had two Basset Hounds - ex-wife got rid of them during my divorce...

Since then I have had a Chinchilla, a lizard (do not remember what kind), and thats it... My kids are asking for a Guinea Pig now so we shall see how well that goes....
I prefer dogs to DLW. I always wanted a Husky but I have been told to wait now until the kids are older.
Currently have one cat. She's about three and was a rescue a little over two years ago. I'm sure I'm bias, but best cat ever. Social, playful, etc.. Glad I made that decision. Call me a crazy cat guy, but I got the cat before I met my now fiance to be my social buddy. Then a month after that adoption I met Megan and now I'm set for quite a while!

Grew up with various pets, dog, cat, rabbits. I'm fairly sure we're going to get a dog down the road after the wedding and buying a house. I've been obsessed with Shiba Inu's, but I know they are a lot to tackle so who knows what breed we'll get.
i have had dogs, cats, ferrets, fish(a lot) lizards and birds. For the first time in my life Im pet free! I dont have to deal with picking up shit! Im so happy!
I like pets, been had a whole bunch of kinds o critters grown up, dogs, cats, hamsters, turtles nsuch even had some geese at one point...didn't much care for them, they mean sob's.... I'm actually more of a dog guy, no time right no to get into it, but I've owned a dog every year of my life save the time I was serving my county in the Army. Maybe I'll show you pics of my little ones soon, when I figure out how to post pics...
Animals are great, and I love to have multiple pets - unfortunately, with 3 little kids, we've scaled back and only have 2 cats, both 8 years old, an orange long hair tabby and a pure-bred Persian white.
I think of my kids sometimes as pets Porsche. They act like 3 little monkeys most of the time. Every pet we have is for someone else in the house

Cats and lizard for my Wife
Rabbits we kept for the Kids
The Family is my pet

Even though none of the animals are mine I'm the one that has to clean up after them and feed them too. I think I got the raw end of the deal here.
I have a Boston Terrier (Mollie), a Boxer (Nina) and an English Bulldog (Chloe). Both Chloe and Mollie are named after characters from the TV show 24.

Nina

Mollie

Chloe
I have an African Pigmy Hedgehog.

He has been to more Achievement Fests than some of the people in this thread.
Cat. Having dogs is like having an extra child.
Originally Posted by Kaens
second this
I have an African Pigmy Hedgehog.

He has been to more Achievement Fests than some of the people in this thread.
Originally Posted by futiles
ever got loose n ran through the building? i have a savannah moniter lizard that takes off all the time
I have 2 cats. Fred (8 yrs old) and Flynn (3 yrs old next week). Adopted both of them at the same time from the ASPCA in 2012.
Kaens & Cormyre, I agree that it's like having an extra kid(s). It's a shitload of work taking care of a dog. It's worth it to me though. My kids are pretty much grown (24, 19 and 16) so until I get some grandchildren, the dogs will have to do

There are two things I can't ever see me not owning between now and death...a Jeep and a Bulldog.
4 of my 5... have a 4 bedroom house without kids of the two legged variety so these punks are spoiled with their own pair of rooms (at the moment).. of course they're not longer this small... need a shrink ray to take them back to this!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account