Weekend Games: Geocalibur 2-4 Edition

Xbox 360

Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

With the introduction of two much-anticipated titles, Soul Calibur IV and Geometry Wars 2, I'd like to know what you plan on playing this weekend?

I, for one, have managed to rent Soul Calibur IV in hopes of one day purchasing the game. Geometry Wars 2 may also take up some of my time but the depth of Soul Calibur IV cannot be matched this weekend. So, how about you guys and gals?
I got SC4 yesterday and have been finding it hard to put it down. I have a really cool looking custom charcter but i just can't find the right style. He looks good with an axe and even better with a single sword but all the stances look really girly compared to his gothed out look..he has a full leather mask now. but the game is just so addictive and fun.
I got Soul Calibur Four myself yesterday, and damn is it fun, especially getting to play as Darth Vader! Legendary!!!

I also completed MGS4 recently (After finally getting it along with my PS3), and I'm gonna play some Vegas 2.

However, a lot of this weekend has been spent watching Ghost in the Shell: SAC.

Yeah... I'm a GitS fan... Sorry people... :P
Ive turned the setting to Hard and am finding it much better now as there is some element of a challenge, Me and Mitsurugi are now heated opponents. Those are the most tense battles Ive had. Along with Vader...hes actually quite good.
I've heard rumors of how unbalanced Yoda is, and I can't afford to buy a PS3 just so that I can play as Darth Vader and not have a bunch of phenomenal idiots play as Yoda online.

I'll quite possibly look into Geometry Wars 2, I heard a lot of positive word about the first one.
He cant be grabbbed and most high attacks miss him due to his hieght, hes just in there for fun I got the PS3 version because i just wanted to be vader for a while and beat him a few times and ive succeeded in both. but apparently youll be able to download both soon enough.

Forget about the Yoda twats, its the poeple who spend time dressing up thier characters from Anime. Someone made that douche who dresses in orange and has spiked yellow hair and gets into bombastic fight sequences and everyone elses contribution is having a drink everytime he defies the laws of physics,
I'd like to purchase Geometry Wars 2 after playing it on my friend's console (Mike) but I'll stick with Soul Calibur IV and the Madden demo for now. The money that I had originally planned to spend on Soul Calibur IV will most likely go into buying Madden. I'm one of those who had to wait until the store opened last year in order to get my copy, so I'll likely do the same this year too.
OOOOOOOOR you could give me money Smile

Soul Calibur IV is amazing. Except one thing: The Apprentice is the cheapest fucking character known to man.
yeah that guy is almost impossible. ive beaten him but never 2 times in a fight that allows me to advance or complete the stage. suppose you have to know some powerful combos.
I second the comment on The Apprentice. For some reason, I was able to beat him on Mike's console but I can't do the same on my own. I may give it a few more tries tonight before I have to return the game to blockbuster. Frown
No matter how unbalanced the apprentice is, it is extremely good advertisement for the Force Unleashed game that looks so unnaturally awesome.
I was looking at that earlier this week, and it looked pretty impressive... o_O
yeah sure Star Wars games always LOOK impressive.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account