Did you buy the Unity Season Pass???

Assassin's Creed Unity

Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

Well, check this out. Get another Ubisoft, like Farcry 4, The Crew, etc... Apparently there's a free DLC pack coming too...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ll-now-be-free

Hope the DLC comes soon, I'm renting the game and just got the last achievement I plan on earning.
You beat me to this by 5 minutes Big Grin

For those of you, like me, that haven't purchased the Season Pass, you're out of luck. Ubisoft has "discontinued sales of the Season Pass".

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/...m:148-76770-32
No poll necessary; Ubisoft sent out an e-mail from Yannis Mallat, the CEO of Ubisoft Montreal & Toronto, apologizing to gamers for the less than stellar quality and issues of the release version of Assassin's Creed Unity. As part of the apology, he explains that the upcoming Dead Kings DLC will be made free for everybody. Those that already own the Season Pass (which is where Fshguy's post comes into play) will get a free game from a short list of newer Ubisoft titles. These titles include: Far Cry 4; The Crew, and Just Dance 2015, among others.
I wonder if the Season pass means that sales were so disappointing that they won't make all of the DLC they had promised.

Not that I want this to happen, but if they want people to buy season passes to get that up front discount, why do they still have a season pass after the release of the first DLC. On the converse, why do people buy a season pass before the first DLC comes out?!
Season passes have been sold the same as any other bundle deal; buy all of it at once (in the case of DLC Season Passes, it's as a preorder) and get it all at a discount. This guarantees money for all dlc for publishers, whereas not everybody will purchase all dlc individually. The thought behind it, as I understand it, is to try to get as much money, especially up front, as opposed to letting the dlc sit there until it goes on sale.

As for why it was discontinued in this instance, I would expect that it's more to ensure that people like me don't just go and purchase the Season Pass now just to get a free digital game on demand. Because I didn't purchase the Pass prior to the announcement, I still have to purchase the other games on the list at the listed price in addition to purchasing any Unity DLC that I want in the future (except for the Dead Kings DLC, which has been announced to be free now).
Nope didn't get the pass, but making the DLC free is a nice touch. I didn't get any bugs like everyone else seems to be getting.
i wish i did to get a few free games
I'm going to have to check and see if I did indeed get this free, I bought it, but without the season pass and it wasn't a preorder or day one buy would that matter?
I bought this when they announcement that you would get a free game. Managed to find it at an online retailer before it was pulled from sale. Wasn't too bad of a deal, got Far Cry 4 and the Assassins Creed China for £23.99 in the end, and still haven't bought Unity.
I bought this when they announcement that you would get a free game. Managed to find it at an online retailer before it was pulled from sale. Wasn't too bad of a deal, got Far Cry 4 and the Assassins Creed China for £23.99 in the end, and still haven't bought Unity.
Originally Posted by FlutteryChicken
i pick Far Cry 4 as my free as well
I'm going to have to check and see if I did indeed get this free, I bought it, but without the season pass and it wasn't a preorder or day one buy would that matter?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
only if you bought it before it was pulled from sale

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account