Bungie Announcing.. Nothing Big for PAX

Xbox 360

Found 5 posts - Go to Last Post

Penny Arcade Expo, or PAX for short, is coming in late August and rumors already began to fly. Since Bungie was unable to make any big announcements during E3 2008, rumors started up in regards to them spilling the beans at the next gaming conference, PAX. We can all stop wishing for big news from Bungie after the company released this statement on their forums:

Excerpt from the official announcement from Bungie:
"For the record, we have no plans to make any big announcements or huge reveals at PAX this year. While we will have some Halo 3 multiplayer stuff for you to check out, this is not going to be the "big announcement" many of our fans are clamoring for. Rest assured that when the time is right, we will be making announcements and talking about the stuff we're currently working on. At the moment we do have three distinct projects underway within Bungie - some familiar, some not. Some on a closer horizon, some quite far off."
You can check out the entire lengthy announcement here.
Since the whole Finish The Fight has been and gone Bungie seem to be a bit lost as of what to do. Halo Wars has been in the making for as long as i can remember and they don't have anything new. It would be much better to break away from Halo and try to come up with a new franchise.
Facebook Username: www.facebook.com/CovertCell
XBL: OmenOfWrath
Steam: OmenOfWrath

News and Review Editor
As Over-rated as I think Halo and Bungie is, I'm still surprised that they haven't decided to do anything new... So far Bungie have just milked the Halo-cow (ZP reference intended).

I'm with Billy, they really need to come up with a new franchise, or at least keep the same world they have, but in a different type of game (like a Halo RTS or MMO)
Hywel "The Archanist" Griffiths
News Editor & Reviewer
they haven't been away from MS for that long; it takes some time to do something new, and it sounds like they have multiple projects going. seems completely normal to me.
i wouldn't say they're milking Halo either. they made the trilogy and an RTS like they originally wanted, so now they can try new things both within and apart from the Halo universe.
Yeah but then theres the "Peter Jackson project". I mean, Halo did do a lot for Xbox and indeed lauched console online but hopefully these new projects are something new. No doubt theyll receive loads of support after Halo.
Facebook Username: www.facebook.com/CovertCell
XBL: OmenOfWrath
Steam: OmenOfWrath

News and Review Editor

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account