Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

So I see that this game Age of Empires Castle Siege is currently game of the week, but it shows the Win8 version. So if I play this on my windows phone I wont get the badge?? Seems sort of odd to me....
I'm the kind of guy who stops the microwave at 1 second just to feel like a bomb defuser.

Do you think you can be a badass in my leaderboard?? GTN Badass of the Month
Read Me --->Member of the Month Interview
So I see that this game Age of Empires Castle Siege is currently game of the week, but it shows the Win8 version. So if I play this on my windows phone I wont get the badge?? Seems sort of odd to me....
Originally Posted by Preludecris
They are different games. Yes, they are tied to each other, but, aren't Destiny (360) and Destiny (X1) different? Eric could write some extra code that does a look up of whether a game has a related alternate platform version, but, it would really only be for a small subset of games.
09-22-2014 03:12 PM StaffPremium
If you don't have Win 8 and don't want to buy something, I'd suggest waiting for the next good Games with Gold drop, usually that gets best week. Otherwise, you're going to have to buy Destiny.

Actually, I'm not sure how this gets set up, I would think it would be Destiny now.
Have you joined the soon to be #1 leaderboard on the site? If you ever enjoyed 360voice(or even if you haven't been there), please join:
http://www.gamertagnation.com/leader...aderboard-149/
If you don't have Win 8 and don't want to buy something, I'd suggest waiting for the next good Games with Gold drop, usually that gets best week. Otherwise, you're going to have to buy Destiny.

Actually, I'm not sure how this gets set up, I would think it would be Destiny now.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
It's random.
Given that earning achievements in one version will give you the achievements in the alternate version simply by loading it up (Win 8 to WP or vise-versa) I'd say that this game is a little bit different than Destiny or other cross platform games. Of course, I could be wrong about that.

Xbox Community Ambassador
"There is no truth. Just differing opinions." - Simon R. Green Deathstalker Destiny
"People are stupid. " - Terry Goodkind Wizard's First Rule (Full quote)
Given that earning achievements in one version will give you the achievements in the alternate version simply by loading it up (Win 8 to WP or vise-versa) I'd say that this game is a little bit different than Destiny or other cross platform games. Of course, I could be wrong about that.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Achievements sync WP to Win8, but not the other way

Also, Destiny is supposed to sync both ways, as well as Spartan Assault and many others.

But, they are different games and game IDs.
its not a big deal I was just wondering. Even though its on different platforms I still consider it the same game. you know what I mean? I just think if we are doing a "Game of the Week" it shouldn't matter what platform we play it on.
I'm the kind of guy who stops the microwave at 1 second just to feel like a bomb defuser.

its not a big deal I was just wondering. Even though its on different platforms I still consider it the same game. you know what I mean? I just think if we are doing a "Game of the Week" it shouldn't matter what platform we play it on.
Originally Posted by Preludecris
Which is why it would require additional code. Each game has a unique ID, which is what triggers most everything on all achievement tracking sites. When games in multiple regions share the same ID, they show as one unified game (Universe at War is the same ID on 360 and PC, so, same game in tracking). When a game has a different ID in each region or platform, they show as different games, even if achievements are shared, and you get "stackable games" (Batman Arkham Asylum has a unique ID for regular, GotY, PC, Japan, and PC GotY, so, you get 5 stackable versions of the game). Right now, the Game of the Week is just a randomly selected Game_ID, and then who has played it. For the site to go beyond that, anytime a Game_ID is selected, the site would have to do a lookup (possibly with a reference table requiring maintenance) of which Game_IDs would be linked to the selected one, and then which gamers have played any of the selected games.

Not an impossible task, but, it would require extra code, and likely someone to maintain it. And since the initial idea is a random game of the week, and who has played that actual game, platform specific could easily be considered part of the intention.
I understand. makes sense

Will this count if I play it on Windows 10?
Live long and prosper.
I'm assuming an achievement needs popped to earn the badge? Since I already completed it, I'll have to wait for a different title. I didn't even know we had a "Game of the Week". Maybe I should leave the Entertainment forum once in a while, eh? Lol
Facebook/Tat2dTrash
Instagram: @tat2dtrash
Twitter: @SG_Steelhead
Will this count if I play it on Windows 10?
Originally Posted by Stormy
It won't anymore as this thread is a year and a half old and it's not the game of the week anymore. Check the Games page for the current game of the week.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account