How did this one get by the good reviews?

Contrast (Xbox 360)

Found 16 posts - Go to Last Post

I just bought this the other day on sale after trying the demo and falling in love with it. What a clever design of a game! I am a fan of the older world, like the 20's in this game for instance, and just really enjoy the sets and costumes and the game play so far. I know it's a cheap and easy completion, but I didn't research that going into it. I simply thought it looked neat and downloaded the demo.

I recommend you guys get this one and just enjoy it as both a game and a clever work of art. The narrative is possibly haunting so far, as the little girl you shadow seems surreal and etheral for some reason. I don't know, I've just really enjoyed it so far. Anyone else get in on this one?

Crap, missed adding a poll.
I picked this game up also. At the sale price they made it real easy for me.

You can always add a poll after :P
I can't even understand your subject line. Played this game twice for 2000 points, it didn't slip past me.
Learn more about me: Member of the Month August 2014
Please read/rate my reviews! And if you happen to be an older person like me, join my 40+ Club leaderboard!

I played it for the Extra Life, and stayed for the excellence.
I was interested when it launched, got it a year later followed up by the X1 version. Very good looking game and fun.
04-05-2016 11:52 AM StaffPremium
I can't even understand your subject line. Played this game twice for 2000 points, it didn't slip past me.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I doubt it... I didn't play the 360 version cause it was only 400 points... It's a great game though.
Have you joined the soon to be #1 leaderboard on the site? If you ever enjoyed 360voice(or even if you haven't been there), please join:
http://www.gamertagnation.com/leader...aderboard-149/
I doubt it... I didn't play the 360 version cause it was only 400 points... It's a great game though.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I played it three times for 2400 points, because achievement fest.
Adding nothing constructive to a thread near you

What exactly is the point of this thread?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I meant to say that I never heard anything about it from GameInformer or other reviewers. I just seemed to happen and slip by when it really is a neat game. Was it ignored for being so short? I understand it's an easy completion and the story is sort of short, but why would that matter?

It makes me wonder how many other hidden gems of a game have I missed....
I meant to say that I never heard anything about it from GameInformer or other reviewers. I just seemed to happen and slip by when it really is a neat game. Was it ignored for being so short? I understand it's an easy completion and the story is sort of short, but why would that matter?

It makes me wonder how many other hidden gems of a game have I missed....
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
That's how I found it either GameInformer or Xbox Magazine. It looked beautiful and they played with shadows sounded neat. Made me mad when it was arcade only when I didn't have Xbox live, I always had it on my mind so when I got live that's one of the first.

If looking for a gem or at least not a horrible game have you played Deathspank those are kinda fun and have some humor to go with them.
I enjoyed both versions, i loved the music and the atmosphere, the shadow shifting was a bonus.
I enjoyed both versions, i loved the music and the atmosphere, the shadow shifting was a bonus.
Originally Posted by BigNev44
Now I've got to get a One to enjoy again and earn easy GS.
Now I've got to get a One to enjoy again and earn easy GS.
Definitely, get that extra 1000GS Porsch, i played both games backwards, from X1 to 360 and still enjoyed it, granted i played it almost a year later.
Definitely, get that extra 1000GS Porsch, i played both games backwards, from X1 to 360 and still enjoyed it, granted i played it almost a year later.
Originally Posted by BigNev44
I think you missed the running gag, where Porsche says, in every thread, that he needs to get an X1 for some single reason, that isn't really worth getting a new console over. Like a single game for 1000 points, or a newly backwards compatible title (while he still has a functioning 360), or similar. Honestly, it's like there is a badge associated with saying "I need to get an X1" X number of times.
I think you missed the running gag, where Porsche says, in every thread, that he needs to get an X1 for some single reason, that isn't really worth getting a new console over. Like a single game for 1000 points, or a newly backwards compatible title (while he still has a functioning 360), or similar. Honestly, it's like there is a badge associated with saying "I need to get an X1" X number of times.
Originally Posted by futiles
Well, it's a positive affirmation that I need to get one. I just add it to my mental list of reasons why. But since it obviously bothers you so very much, Michael, I will refrain from it. I wasn't aware I was causing so much emotional distress.
Well, it's a positive affirmation that I need to get one. I just add it to my mental list of reasons why. But since it obviously bothers you so very much, Michael, I will refrain from it. I wasn't aware I was causing so much emotional distress.
It isn't, but it certainly appear to be causing you some. Sorry to touch a sore spot.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account