Forza Horizon 2 Requires 35.84 GB of Hard Drive Space for Installation

Forza Horizon 2

Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

Forza Horizon 2 has popped up on Xbox Live Marketplace along with the installation size for the game.

I wonder how many people are already low on HD space? I dont remember what the One lets us do, can we use an external drive? does it have limits on size like the 360 did?
You lack a vital quality found in all Sith. Sith have no fear, and I sense much fear in you."
I wonder how many people are already low on HD space? I dont remember what the One lets us do, can we use an external drive? does it have limits on size like the 360 did?
Originally Posted by Sith Rick
You can add any external usb 3.0 drive. Futiles (and others) have already done this and if I don't start finishing more games, I'm going to have to as well. I'm just postponing it as long as possible because it'll only get cheaper.
Learn more about me: Member of the Month August 2014
Please read/rate my reviews! And if you happen to be an older person like me, join my 40+ Club leaderboard!

You can add any external usb 3.0 drive. Futiles (and others) have already done this and if I don't start finishing more games, I'm going to have to as well. I'm just postponing it as long as possible because it'll only get cheaper.
Originally Posted by Kaens
thanks for the info, ill start looking for a good deal on an external drive as i expect my X1 drive to be full by the end of year.
You lack a vital quality found in all Sith. Sith have no fear, and I sense much fear in you."
I use the 4TB USB3.0 Western DIgital HDD: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-book-4tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/1766068.p?id=1219063238074&skuId=1766068&st=catego ryid$pcmcat186100050005&cp=1&lp=1

It goes on sale all the time, expect to pay about $150. I went from 95% full to 7% full. There are some games that load EVERYTHING (like WATCH_DOGS) at the very start that might have a slightly longer load time, but in actual gameplan, I have not noticed any issues.

The OS Updates have been addressing side issues, your HDD is always on, and people want it off to save power, but, now that the option is there for that, when your machine powers down, so does that HDD, so, your games don't update automatically for you (screw that, you can use $1/month of power if I don't have to wait for a download/update), and currently you choose a default load location (internal or external, of which you can have two) - personally, I want Games on the External HDD, but Apps on the console. If I take my HDD with me to a friend's house, I bring my games, but, my kid can still watch Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, etc without having to download the app again.

So, I give using the external drive a 9/10 because it is mostly a flawless experience with a couple of hiccups (that are being addressed).
I use the 4TB USB3.0 Western DIgital HDD: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-book-4tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/1766068.p?id=1219063238074&skuId=1766068&st=catego ryid$pcmcat186100050005&cp=1&lp=1

It goes on sale all the time, expect to pay about $150. I went from 95% full to 7% full. There are some games that load EVERYTHING (like WATCH_DOGS) at the very start that might have a slightly longer load time, but in actual gameplan, I have not noticed any issues.

The OS Updates have been addressing side issues, your HDD is always on, and people want it off to save power, but, now that the option is there for that, when your machine powers down, so does that HDD, so, your games don't update automatically for you (screw that, you can use $1/month of power if I don't have to wait for a download/update), and currently you choose a default load location (internal or external, of which you can have two) - personally, I want Games on the External HDD, but Apps on the console. If I take my HDD with me to a friend's house, I bring my games, but, my kid can still watch Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, etc without having to download the app again.

So, I give using the external drive a 9/10 because it is mostly a flawless experience with a couple of hiccups (that are being addressed).
Originally Posted by futiles
thank you for sharing this info and i really like your plan, games on external and apps on system drive, can you transfer from one drive to another or just have to reinstall/DL?
thank you for sharing this info and i really like your plan, games on external and apps on system drive, can you transfer from one drive to another or just have to reinstall/DL?
Originally Posted by Sith Rick
You can transfer, and honestly, apps are quick (almost instant) to transfer. It is just the process: Oh, hey I want that. *Clicks Install* *It installs...* Go to Settings->Games & Apps->Apps->Highlight App->*Menu Button*->Manage Game->Move to Internal

Just unnecessary.
Has anyone seen/heard of anyone successfully using a usb 3.0 raid enclosure? Something like this one - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

That would allow me to put in 16TB and not worry about storage for years.
Learn more about me: Member of the Month August 2014
Please read/rate my reviews! And if you happen to be an older person like me, join my 40+ Club leaderboard!

Has anyone seen/heard of anyone successfully using a usb 3.0 raid enclosure? Something like this one - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

That would allow me to put in 16TB and not worry about storage for years.
Originally Posted by Kaens
So far, I have not seen anyone successfully report more than 5TB recognized on a single drive.
still not as bad as wolfenstein. that game was 44 gb.
I'm the kind of guy who stops the microwave at 1 second just to feel like a bomb defuser.

Do you think you can be a badass in my leaderboard?? GTN Badass of the Month
Read Me --->Member of the Month Interview

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account