What's more important

General Chat

Found 35 posts - Go to Last Post


What's more important

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 43 (54.43%) More badges

× 12 (15.19%) A ranking system

× 8 (10.13%) To sort your achievements by rarity

× 16 (20.25%) Bringing back game guides and reviews


  • Added 08-20-2013 01:12 PM
  • 79 votes
  • Votes are public
Several requests have been made for new features on the site and I'm curious to find out which one has the biggest vote.
GTN Xbox One 30 Day Launch competition SIGN UP & LEADERBOARD

Achievement Competition SIGN UP& LEADERBOARD

Monthly Challenge CHALLENGE SIGN UP

Support DAREALSHADY EXTRALIFE DONATION
Personally, I'd like to write more reviews and guides.
After 18 votes it's clear what most people want. BADGES, BADGES AND MORE BADGES.
GTN Xbox One 30 Day Launch competition SIGN UP & LEADERBOARD

Achievement Competition SIGN UP& LEADERBOARD

Monthly Challenge CHALLENGE SIGN UP

Support DAREALSHADY EXTRALIFE DONATION
I voted for guides and reviews. I'd write them.
Reviews and guides are a big part on many sites. Most gamers base their choice of game on other peoples reviews and guides make the games that little bit easier. I wrote one of each for a game just before they were stopped and I think there was some badges related to them too.
GTN Xbox One 30 Day Launch competition SIGN UP & LEADERBOARD

Achievement Competition SIGN UP& LEADERBOARD

Monthly Challenge CHALLENGE SIGN UP

Support DAREALSHADY EXTRALIFE DONATION
I just enjoy writing. That's my motivation, regardless of a badge.
I just enjoy writing. That's my motivation, regardless of a badge.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Each game here has it's own little web page right? Well put a guide and a review thread up! I think your reviews would be wonderful and I always need more guides..

I voted badges because that's what make this site so unique and fun, (due to the shear amount of them) It's like an interactive site! but not the badges are not the only thing good about this place, it's begining to grow again and each site needs a something special to draw people in at first. Once in they are kept by the great company...ME!... er.. um I mean us .. yea.. like you guys and other people and me too..

Anyway, a ranking system....? clarify, I hate seeing my name at the bottom of every leaderboard lol.. ranking as to achievements (Doesn't TA do that already too?)

I say work on new and exciting badges. do everything from the threads 'm sure it can be done.

As for tracking, that's what initially get's me interested in a site, I like to see my stats I think everyone does.. but to keep me, it's the community in general and people really seem to like those cooky badges..

Rant done.
Honestly, there are too many badges already.

Anyone that I chat with that has signed up here, and then did not become active is because of badges.

It is too much, and you can get one for anything. I got an e-mail today notifying of badge for cleaning the bathroom at home...

It just kind of looks like a joke to people.
Each game here has it's own little web page right? Well put a guide and a review thread up! I think your reviews would be wonderful and I always need more guides..
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Hey thanks! Great idea too! I'll get write on it! (get it? write? pun intended...)
No more Badges! Please.

The amount of them is seriously putting new people off.
I actually love writing guides to help people like me who have no idea on how to finish a game, unlock an achievement, or just to help those progress through the game, so maybe some guides and reviews again! (We should also bring the badge back, I need it, I do not have it.)
This is my forum signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Honestly, there are too many badges already.

Anyone that I chat with that has signed up here, and then did not become active is because of badges.

It is too much, and you can get one for anything. I got an e-mail today notifying of badge for cleaning the bathroom at home...

It just kind of looks like a joke to people.
Originally Posted by futiles
Badges are cool, and if over done I see your point, maybe having badges be a bit harder to achieve...so instead of a badge just for playing said game, there should be badges for completing said games...
Life goal own all retail X-Box games. My collection: X-Box: 535, X-Box 360: 1204, One: 178
Let us get to know you: I want to be on the spotlight 2.0 Join here to enter GTN's monthly Challenge: Challenge, What Challenge...
Obviously I love the badges, they are like achievements or challenges to me. I don't understand why anyone would not visit this site because of it, you don't have to see it or participate in any way. It's exactly like achievements. Nom, you have over 5000 achievements, why aren't you pissed about too many achievements and they are a joke, and you just want to play the games not be bothered by constant popups? As B8tingu said, they are what makes this site unique. Other than that, and the great people of course, can you not find at another more established site?
Um, almost every game site has badges.

TrueAchievement, 360voice, XboxAmerica, metagamerscore....

Quantity of badges maybe make this unique. But, some of the quantity are not quality. I show 135 badges somehow. For what? That is what makes it a bit ridiculous.

Two unrelated people took a second and voiced very similar thoughts. I can tell you at least a dozen people that have registered, and less that a week later were done because of the appearance of "badging for everything."

Feel free to ignore if you disagree, but, since it directly applies to one of the options, I would think it would be worth consideration.
ta badges n 360 voice badge r pretty sad looking n if i had to choose 1 site gtn would be it the rest of them no longer appeal to me
get-r-done payback is a mother
Um, almost every game site has badges.

TrueAchievement, 360voice, XboxAmerica, metagamerscore....

Quantity of badges maybe make this unique. But, some of the quantity are not quality. I show 135 badges somehow. For what? That is what makes it a bit ridiculous.

Two unrelated people took a second and voiced very similar thoughts. I can tell you at least a dozen people that have registered, and less that a week later were done because of the appearance of "badging for everything."

Feel free to ignore if you disagree, but, since it directly applies to one of the options, I would think it would be worth consideration.
Originally Posted by futiles
No I clearly get where you are coming from, so why not offer a solution instead of just complaints? How about an option to turn off the badges on your profile? This would work under profile customization like I have suggested and apparently is in the works. Now whether or not that function is being supported for this planned profile customization I'm not sure, but if you were to suggest it you may earn a badge! Wink
Life goal own all retail X-Box games. My collection: X-Box: 535, X-Box 360: 1204, One: 178
Let us get to know you: I want to be on the spotlight 2.0 Join here to enter GTN's monthly Challenge: Challenge, What Challenge...
Um, almost every game site has badges.

TrueAchievement, 360voice, XboxAmerica, metagamerscore....

Quantity of badges maybe make this unique. But, some of the quantity are not quality. I show 135 badges somehow. For what? That is what makes it a bit ridiculous.

Two unrelated people took a second and voiced very similar thoughts. I can tell you at least a dozen people that have registered, and less that a week later were done because of the appearance of "badging for everything."

Feel free to ignore if you disagree, but, since it directly applies to one of the options, I would think it would be worth consideration.
Originally Posted by futiles
badges r what makes this site awesome imo
Last edited 01-25-2014 at 03:23 PM by ky pro 2008.
get-r-done payback is a mother
more game guides would be a plus but would also like to see 3k or 4k badges i enjoy them
get-r-done payback is a mother

Sign up for a new account. It's free and easy!

Sign up for an account

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account