Your 2015 Year In Review On Xbox

General Chat

Found 28 posts - Go to Last Post


The Xbox team created a webpage that will provide you a unique and personalized summary highlighting your Xbox stats throughout the year including the number of hours spent gaming on Xbox Live, your most played game, the number of achievements unlocked and more.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/year-in-review-2015

is AWESOME

Thanks to Major Nelson
I'm a gamer. Xbox & Windows Gaming Platform.
Interesting that I consider my stats for the year low in comparison to prior years, but somehow I am still in the 1%?
Interesting that I consider my stats for the year low in comparison to prior years, but somehow I am still in the 1%?
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I agree I am in 5% with achievements and 1% with something else.
http://www.gamertagnation.com/leader...eaderboard-228 Live in Texas? Here is the leaderboard for you!
Like
I just find it funny how most of the little boxes are dedicated to hours your friends played and hours the community played. Some are even hours of games I don't even play.

The hours spent gaming is a nice stat, it says I spend about 3 hours a day gaming and my friend spend about 4 hours a day gaming while the community spends about 1 hour a day gaming.

Fun bonus is that none of my friends played Tomb Raider because they didn't give me a stat on that.
To me, it looks like these stats are only through Nov and but obviously I'm top 1% in everything and all my friends are in 1%. Think about it people, there are at least 48M (I believe closer to 60M) XBL accounts. So to be top 1% you only have to be in the top 480,000.

Hours was interesting, says I've played 5047 hours so far (again, based on stats I think this doesn't include Dec). So that means I play roughly 15 hours a day. Yeah, not even me. These metrics are all useless.
Learn more about me: Member of the Month August 2014
Please read/rate my reviews! And if you happen to be an older person like me, join my 40+ Club leaderboard!

To me, it looks like these stats are only through Nov and but obviously I'm top 1% in everything and all my friends are in 1%. Think about it people, there are at least 48M (I believe closer to 60M) XBL accounts. So to be top 1% you only have to be in the top 480,000.

Hours was interesting, says I've played 5047 hours so far (again, based on stats I think this doesn't include Dec). So that means I play roughly 15 hours a day. Yeah, not even me. These metrics are all useless.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I showed almost 15K, and I had 192,000 from Dec-March, and I am just shy of 210,000. So, I have been meaning to see if I can figure out the exact range. And yes, you and I are usually in agreement here. People on sites like this and TA have no idea how small a group we are. At 15K in a year, I gained in 12 months more than the average gamerscore for a user's total in lifetime. I am also in the top 1%.
Stats are wrong on my profile .-(
I'm a gamer. Xbox & Windows Gaming Platform.
Stats are wrong on my profile .-(
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
The rest of this thread is now confirmed.
Learn more about me: Member of the Month August 2014
Please read/rate my reviews! And if you happen to be an older person like me, join my 40+ Club leaderboard!

To me, it looks like these stats are only through Nov and but obviously I'm top 1% in everything and all my friends are in 1%. Think about it people, there are at least 48M (I believe closer to 60M) XBL accounts. So to be top 1% you only have to be in the top 480,000.

Hours was interesting, says I've played 5047 hours so far (again, based on stats I think this doesn't include Dec). So that means I play roughly 15 hours a day. Yeah, not even me. These metrics are all useless.
Originally Posted by Kaens
My stat is 2450 hours of gaming, but I am suspicious that watching Netflix might be in those hours. Throughout the year you would get those monthly reports, Netflix would be the game most played by me. Especially in the first half of this year where my gaming was very non-existant. I can't see how my 8K gamerscore gain is 1% compared to your almost 100K, unless it is taking your overall gamerscore, so anyone over 200K is considered 1%.
Shows me at 3608 hours says the average is 368, 2335 achievements earned compared to the communities 69 then it would be fairly easy to get into the top 1%. It sounds good to say hey I'm in the top 1% for gamerscore in 2015 though.
My stat is 2450 hours of gaming, but I am suspicious that watching Netflix might be in those hours. Throughout the year you would get those monthly reports, Netflix would be the game most played by me. Especially in the first half of this year where my gaming was very non-existant. I can't see how my 8K gamerscore gain is 1% compared to your almost 100K, unless it is taking your overall gamerscore, so anyone over 200K is considered 1%.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Because average gamerscore gain is about 1K per year. (Based on average gamerscore being between 10-12K, and it being around 10 years...)

So, 8K in a year is 8 times the average gain in a year. And remember, your gain of 8K is making up for the 8 people that gained almost no gamerscore last year. So, yes, being in the top 1% is "easy" to do for people that actively try to gain gamerscore. When 99% of the population doesn't even know they are in a race, it's pretty easy for the other 1% to win...
12-21-2015 11:54 AM StaffPremium
Because average gamerscore gain is about 1K per year. (Based on average gamerscore being between 10-12K, and it being around 10 years...)

So, 8K in a year is 8 times the average gain in a year. And remember, your gain of 8K is making up for the 8 people that gained almost no gamerscore last year. So, yes, being in the top 1% is "easy" to do for people that actively try to gain gamerscore. When 99% of the population doesn't even know they are in a race, it's pretty easy for the other 1% to win...
Originally Posted by futiles
Several of us are probably in the .01% if not the .001%...
Have you joined the soon to be #1 leaderboard on the site? If you ever enjoyed 360voice(or even if you haven't been there), please join:
http://www.gamertagnation.com/leader...aderboard-149/
12-21-2015 11:57 AM StaffPremium
To me, it looks like these stats are only through Nov and but obviously I'm top 1% in everything and all my friends are in 1%. Think about it people, there are at least 48M (I believe closer to 60M) XBL accounts. So to be top 1% you only have to be in the top 480,000.

Hours was interesting, says I've played 5047 hours so far (again, based on stats I think this doesn't include Dec). So that means I play roughly 15 hours a day. Yeah, not even me. These metrics are all useless.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I'm showing 2900 hours which I'm pretty sure is not accurate. I'm guessing it's counting idle time or maybe all time that is not standby time.
Have you joined the soon to be #1 leaderboard on the site? If you ever enjoyed 360voice(or even if you haven't been there), please join:
http://www.gamertagnation.com/leader...aderboard-149/
12-21-2015 11:59 AM StaffPremium
I showed almost 15K, and I had 192,000 from Dec-March, and I am just shy of 210,000. So, I have been meaning to see if I can figure out the exact range. And yes, you and I are usually in agreement here. People on sites like this and TA have no idea how small a group we are. At 15K*(4k) in a year, I gained in 12 months more than the average gamerscore for a user's total in lifetime. I am also in the top 1%.
Originally Posted by futiles
There, fixed it...
Have you joined the soon to be #1 leaderboard on the site? If you ever enjoyed 360voice(or even if you haven't been there), please join:
http://www.gamertagnation.com/leader...aderboard-149/
There, fixed it...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Nah, about 11K of that was at AF2015, on 720p and 1080p...
I'm showing 2900 hours which I'm pretty sure is not accurate. I'm guessing it's counting idle time or maybe all time that is not standby time.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
No idea what it's counting really - mine says 12059 hours. Do the maths on that...
In a way these stats are meaningless. Of course we are all in the top 1% maybe if they gave us an actual rank for the year it might be interesting. Plus anyone that isn't in the top 1% probably doesn't care for the achievement stats either.
Apparently, I've been with XBox since 1900.

Sign up for a new account. It's free and easy!

Sign up for an account

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account