How do I add my gamertag?
To add your gamertag to your Gamertag Nation account:
- Log in and visit your account settings page from the dropdown menu in the top-right corner.
- From your account settings page, click the Gamertag tab. You may also use this link for quick access to the Gamertag settings page.
- On the gamertag settings page, enter your gamertag into the appropriate field.
- Click Add Gamertag at the bottom of the page.
Why should I add my gamertag?
Adding your gamertag to your Gamertag Nation account, though not required, is an essential tool to communicating and interacting on Gamertag Nation. Adding your gamertag has many purposes:
- Compete with others and find some quick competition for any game, anywhere around the world.
- Join or create a custom leaderboard with friends.
- Share your game activities with your friends.
- Unlock sweet badges for playing the games you love.
Is there a problem syncing my gamertag?
Please check your Xbox Live privacy settings if you notice a significant delay in syncing your profile. You may have updated these settings and inadvertently revoked access to your gamertag profile and/or game history. If this happens to you, you're highly encouraged to check your Xbox Live privacy settings.
For more information on these settings, please see How do I check my Xbox Live privacy settings?
How long does it take to sync all of my achievements?
When you first add your gamertag to the site, all of your achievements will be added to the queue. The amount of time it takes to complete this initial synchronization varies depending on the amount of games and achievements on your profile, and the status of the Xbox Live service.
You can track the syncing progress and see what's in your queue from the top of the Achievements page of your profile.
How often is my gamertag profile updated?
Gamertag Nation will periodically check for updates to your Xbox Live profile and automatically sync these changes to your Gamertag Nation profile.
The frequency in which we check for updates varies depending on how often you login to Gamertag Nation. Users that have not visited the site for a while will be scanned less often than those that visit more frequently. This can range from several updates a day to only 1-2 updates a week, so be sure to stop by as often as you can!
Of course, this is all subject to our syncing server working as expected. If our server can't communicate or reach Xbox.com for whatever reason, then nothing will be synced up.
How do I check my Xbox Live privacy settings?
Our system cannot access any gamertag information that is hidden or limited to friends only.
As a result, you may need to update your Xbox Live privacy settings in order for us to sync your gamertag profile to the site.
You can view and make changes to your Xbox Live privacy settings using any of the following options:
- Sign in to your account on Xbox.com and select Xbox settings from the account dropdown
Select Privacy settings
Check to ensure the See your Xbox profile and See your game and app history are both set to Everybody.
From your Xbox One console:
- Sign in to your Xbox Live account
- Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide
- Navigate down to Settings and select All settings
- Select Privacy & online safety
- Select View details & customize
- Check to ensure Others can see your Xbox profile and Others can see your game and app history are both set to Everybody
For more information on these settings, please refer to the following Xbox.com Support article:
Manage Xbox online safety and privacy settings for your family group
How can I hide the Last Played date/time from my games page?
You can hide the Last Played date/time for games you've played. Simply visit the Gamertag Settings page and check the checkbox next to Hide the Last Played date/time for games/apps played by my gamertag
Once finished, click the Save changes button to save your changes.
How is DLC calculated in game completions?
Each gamertag has the option to only include owned DLC or all available DLC packs for calculating game completions in their game library. By default, this option is set to only include owned DLC as this was the original method used for calculating whether or not a game was marked as completed.
You can find the DLC Scoring setting on the Gamertag Settings page if you are logged in and have a valid gamertag on your account. Please note that changing this setting will force a recalculation of your completion rate and completed games total based on your new selection.