Found 44 posts - Go to Last Post


What I don't understand is how 117 people have the Flash Mob III badge, but only 101 have the Flash Mob II badge...doesn't seem logical or maybe I'm just dense.
Originally Posted by DomeJohnny
175 have Flash Mob I. If I'm thinking right some could have already had Flash Mob II so it wouldn't add to that badge total...
What I don't understand is how 117 people have the Flash Mob III badge, but only 101 have the Flash Mob II badge...doesn't seem logical or maybe I'm just dense.
Originally Posted by DomeJohnny
That appears to be a weird site issue. On the badges page, it shows 117, but, click on the badge directly, and it shows 100.
That appears to be a weird site issue. On the badges page, it shows 117, but, click on the badge directly, and it shows 100.
Originally Posted by futiles
Well that would make more sense. Smile
Well that would make more sense. Smile
Originally Posted by DomeJohnny
There were some accounts that got the badges in error, previously. I assume that would be the backend culprit.
Yes, I had another reply in the other thread that did not get posted, because the thread got locked.

Basically, it was that people in other countries or people who for various personal reasons just cannot attend fall under the "Wish I could go, but..." option, and we get that. We have past/regular attendees who did not make it this year, and even they were not included/involved in this. We love these friends, and we hope very much to see them, and anyone else, at Achievement Fest in the future, and to take part in future Shenanigans WITH them.

Our frustration was with the "Never going to go" option.
Originally Posted by futiles
So, pretty much what you are saying is that a group of you retaliated against a whole site of members because 16 people chose the "Never going to go" option and to make sure it doesn't look like a retaliation you titled it as a "Shenanigan".

Honestly, I was one of those people who chose that option because it is stupid. Why the hell would I want to spend $100 + dollars to fly out to another state to unlock Achievements and/or meet people for three days or a week or however long it is? I would rather spend that money on visiting family or friends and do something exciting instead of playing video games. I'm glad y'all had fun with your "Shenanigan" and I can't wait to see what is in store for GTN in the future.

FYI: Next time how about not adding the option "Never going to go" so that someone doesn't get frustrated because other people would do other things.
Congratulations everyone. You have all been effectively trolled at Trollfest. Don't waste your breath here it only adds to their glee. If this truly bothers you then you should message Eric directly.
When the poll went live I did not select the never going to go option. And I live 20+ hours away by plane. This kind of event is exactly what I really want to do. But seeing what has happened there is no way I would go to AF now. Why would I want to associate with people that would do this? Communities are supposed to be helpful especially ones as small as this and also when others were trying to organise a group for flash mob. Gamertagnation wont ever be the same again after this.
When the poll went live I did not select the never going to go option. And I live 20+ hours away by plane. This kind of event is exactly what I really want to do. But seeing what has happened there is no way I would go to AF now. Why would I want to associate with people that would do this? Communities are supposed to be helpful especially ones as small as this and also when others were trying to organise a group for flash mob. Gamertagnation wont ever be the same again after this.
Originally Posted by Mephisto4thewin
I completely agree. I know virtually nothing about achievement fest, beyond that I can't afford to take an out of state trip just to play video games. I could barely afford the time off and expenses involved with going to an out of state funeral recently. Other people don't even live in the same country. There are members of this site, this supposed community, that aren't even 18. I get that AchievementFest would be a fun experience and could be a great community event. But the type of elitism displayed here is precisely why people have stopped using other sites. Apparently I was wrong in the understanding that this site was supposed to be a community and AchievementFest was supposed to be an extension of the community where those who's real life responsibilities and budgetary concerns will allow them to meet up in person.

Xbox Community Ambassador
"There is no truth. Just differing opinions." - Simon R. Green Deathstalker Destiny
"People are stupid. " - Terry Goodkind Wizard's First Rule (Full quote)
When the poll went live I did not select the never going to go option. And I live 20+ hours away by plane. This kind of event is exactly what I really want to do. But seeing what has happened there is no way I would go to AF now. Why would I want to associate with people that would do this? Communities are supposed to be helpful especially ones as small as this and also when others were trying to organise a group for flash mob. Gamertagnation wont ever be the same again after this.
Originally Posted by Mephisto4thewin
Your more than welcome to come to the UK Achievement Ho down,it's not till 2017 so plenty time to persuade the lady to let you come. Big Grin
Not bad for a dirty little bean diver, wat wat wat
Please don't let whats happened stop you from coming here. This had nothing to do with Eric and it's like your taking it out on him.
If I was Eric I'd just retire all three of those badges. What's meant to unite a community has been used as a tool to tear it apart.
If I was Eric I'd just retire all three of those badges. What's meant to unite a community has been used as a tool to tear it apart.
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin
That's a good point! In essence people should be here because they want to be here and help site grow Smile
If I was Eric I'd just retire all three of those badges. What's meant to unite a community has been used as a tool to tear it apart.
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin
As much as I get where you're coming from here, I don't think retiring the flash mob badges is the answer. All that will do is create a permanent reminder of the "shenanigans" that people are having an issue with and forever cement the "we're elite because we have more money and less responsibilities than you" division in people's minds. I don't know if there is a perfect solution, but moving on seems to be the only way. Eric seems to be a great guy and I don't know if he'll lose members over this, but I do think that, as others have suggested elsewhere, we will see less community involvement because people feel sighted and excluded. Which was clearly done on purpose, as one of the people involved has stated so.

Xbox Community Ambassador
"There is no truth. Just differing opinions." - Simon R. Green Deathstalker Destiny
"People are stupid. " - Terry Goodkind Wizard's First Rule (Full quote)
As much as I get where you're coming from here, I don't think retiring the flash mob badges is the answer. All that will do is create a permanent reminder of the "shenanigans" that people are having an issue with and forever cement the "we're elite because we have more money and less responsibilities than you" division in people's minds. I don't know if there is a perfect solution, but moving on seems to be the only way. Eric seems to be a great guy and I don't know if he'll lose members over this, but I do think that, as others have suggested elsewhere, we will see less community involvement because people feel sighted and excluded. Which was clearly done on purpose, as one of the people involved has stated so.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine

Eric has indeed lost members in the past and this stunt will ensure that more will leave.
Eric has indeed lost members in the past and this stunt will ensure that more will leave.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Unfortunately the ones we'd like to leave are just like herpes - they never will, and they'll continue to infect the rest of us. This is the same group that virtually destroyed the community at 360Voice. We see where that led us.
It takes a long time to get and keep active community members and only a few posts to loose them. Please remember why you came and stayed in GTN. We are as strong as our community and Eric really listens as you have seen a lot of what GTN is comes directly from the community suggestions and input. Just by the fact you say Eric instead of GTN you're acknowledging that you know this is not a corporate run site. For the record Achievement Fest was created at 360voice and when that site went down, it was brought over to GTN to keep it alive. It was a one time thing at first that sort of blossomed into something else entirely and has the potential to become even greater, depending on GTN status. I'm not defending the actions of what went down at AF, I've always wanted to go but never have, but neither will I condemn AF for I still think it is a fun and safe outlet that everyone can and should be able to enjoy one day. Things happen and unfortunately they don't always go as planned, things get said and get out of hand, things aren't always what they seem and people are people, but you, the community are the heart of GTN.
Life goal own all retail X-Box games. My collection: X-Box: 535, X-Box 360: 1204, One: 178
Let us get to know you: I want to be on the spotlight 2.0 Join here to enter GTN's monthly Challenge: Challenge, What Challenge...
Unfortunately the ones we'd like to leave are just like herpes - they never will, and they'll continue to infect the rest of us. This is the same group that virtually destroyed the community at 360Voice. We see where that led us.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
360v didn't have a blocking feature like GTN does, it also died when the owners a non funded, labor of love group sold it to a big corporation. That corporation then didn't support it, but Fshguy can speak more intelligently about that than can I.
Life goal own all retail X-Box games. My collection: X-Box: 535, X-Box 360: 1204, One: 178
Let us get to know you: I want to be on the spotlight 2.0 Join here to enter GTN's monthly Challenge: Challenge, What Challenge...
360v didn't have a blocking feature like GTN does, it also died when the owners a non funded, labor of love group sold it to a big corporation. That corporation then didn't support it, but Fshguy can speak more intelligently about that than can I.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Sounds familiar. Achievement Hounds was a great community site that has been dying a slow death of attrition since the founders have apparently given up on it and refuse to hand over the keys to those who would try to keep it alive.

These gaming sites are community driven, but still need support from the people with the power (thank you Eric, by the way) and they need the community to get along.

Xbox Community Ambassador
"There is no truth. Just differing opinions." - Simon R. Green Deathstalker Destiny
"People are stupid. " - Terry Goodkind Wizard's First Rule (Full quote)
I'm still wondering why no one's thought to ask those guys for help doing it again. Doesn't seem like the type of thing that only had to happen once, or had to be limited to only certain people.

Instead, all I've seen is people throwing insults, claiming they are taking their ball and going home, and declaring that an activity that has generated more activity on the site than anything in recent memory is somehow "tearing the site apart". If anything, it's a few people in this thread that are trying to create ill will and drive people away by creating some sort of division within the community. I seriously wonder if some of you people yell at your neighbors because they have nicer stuff than you do.

If I remember right, it was porch's idea to sign up as many extra accounts as possible to get a badge. Someone did exactly that, and now you all have your pitchforks out because you didn't happen to be one of the random people logged in when it went off.


And why is this thread titled 'Spam accounts'? Have any of those accounts been posting spam anywhere?
Adding nothing constructive to a thread near you

What exactly is the point of this thread?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU

Sign up for a new account. It's free and easy!

Sign up for an account

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account