(You may not vote on this poll)

× 17 (26.98%) Yes

× 31 (49.21%) No

× 9 (14.29%) What is GameFly?

× 6 (9.52%) I'm considering it.

• Added 07-26-2014 03:16 AM
  • 63 votes
  • Votes are public
Who here has a GameFly subscription? I have the 2 games out at a time, and I really enjoy it. I've been a member since June of this year. If so, what do you think about it?
You just need to have games in and nothing on the waiting list to get new games. I do love there sales, they always have the code in the box just like new. they have taken care of broken game returns in a few days too.
I have it, but it's terribly slow in California (at least by me). When I lived in Vegas, if I sent them back a game on a Monday, they'd receive it on Tuesday and I'd have the new one on Wednesday. Currently, it's about 4 days for them to receive the game and another 4-5 to receive the new one....it's still better than having to buy games though.
I used to have it, I used it for easy games I didnt want to buy. There sales are so good I found myself buying way too many games and not playing the rentals enough to justify the monthly fee. I will go back eventually but I have over 1000 discs to play so not buying as much as i used to. I have seen some good deals on One games recently though that has sparked my interest.
We don't have it up here. We have a couple of similar outlets, but their catalogues weren't anywhere near as good, and their prices were much higher which is why I've never used them. I usually just buy games on the cheap used, then trade them back in when done. The buying has slowly outpaced the being done with part though, so I've got a decent backlog to keep me busy now. 8)
I have to agree with most posters. Great sale prices and any code that you get when buying the game new you get (ubisoft , EA online pass, and DLC codes). I live about 2 hrs from Pittsburgh PA and turn around is about a week.
Is better of Gamestop?
The trick to Gamefly is not to pay the subscription rate, but rather buy their Gift Card/Code subscriptions at a discount, then redeem them yourself.
The trick to Gamefly is not to pay the subscription rate, but rather buy their Gift Card/Code subscriptions at a discount, then redeem them yourself.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Will have to look into that!
I have to agree with most posters. Great sale prices and any code that you get when buying the game new you get (ubisoft , EA online pass, and DLC codes). I live about 2 hrs from Pittsburgh PA and turn around is about a week.
Originally Posted by FAR QZ
I've had outstanding service since they opened the Pittsburgh distribution center. Usually just a few day turnaround. Before that, it was lackluster at best.

Since I buy a boatload of used games, I'm not sure that it really saves me much money and I've often considered cancelling. I just never get around to pulling the trigger.
I joined Gamefly when it first hit the scene. I remember being in Iraq in 2005 and they shipped a game to me! It was hilarious. It took a month to get, but I got it, in a war zone. Never got to play it and I'm pretty sure it was lost.
I only signed up a few times only for the intro offers, but at full price it's not worth it for me. Even with the new center in Pennsylvania, the turnaround was still a week for me in Michigan. Plus, I never finished the games quick enough to make it worth while, and like most people on the site, my backlog at home is quite large.
Had a subscription back when it took 3 days to swap out games. It started to take 7-8 days between dropping off and the next arrival... Too much time for me.
I used gamefly religiously when I was doing the GTASC or other year long competitions. Since I have only used it when I get a deal.

I buy almost all of my games through there though
I use Gamefly only for their sales, otherwise it's of no use to collectors like me, Why rent a game when I can or will eventually own it.
Seems to me, everybody is buying too many used games they'll never play.
Seems to me, everybody is buying too many used games they'll never play.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Achievements have changed the fact that im still buying last gen games, your right Ill probably never get to them all but this is the first time Ive even booted up an older system after the new one has come out. And looking forward to two games that wont be launched on the One, Borderlands and Sacred3....there really isnt that huge leap forward graphically like there was going from original Xbox to 360 either so I dont mind still playing on the 360. I love my One but nothing has really blown my mind yet...
I've had a Gamefly subscription on and off for a few times. But part of my decision to get rid of it was that my shipping center was in Kansas City, even though there is one one hour up the road (Austin, TX) from where I live (San Antonio, TX)
I don't bother renting, I can never dedicate blocks of time enough to justify having a game temporarily (unless something really gets my attention, which in that case I've probably bought it anyway lol)

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account