Found 7 posts - Go to Last Post

Completed
Some time ago I had suggested implementing a filter to exclude locked badges that are unable to be obtained due to being time-specific (i.e. unlocking an achievement in 2005), but I'm not sure if it was added or not.
It was added. You can filter the Retired Badges by using the 'Status' parameter on this page.
It was added. You can filter the Retired Badges by using the 'Status' parameter on this page.
Originally Posted by SojerManLan
Thanks for the info. I noticed that the Cashing Out badge for unlocking an achievement during the World Series of Poker: Full House Pro Beta is still considered to be active, though.
Thanks for letting me know. I've updated the Cashing Out badge to Retired status.

Also, I'm wondering if we should hide Retired badges by default in the badge list and only show them if a filter is set to show Any status.
Thanks for letting me know. I've updated the Cashing Out badge to Retired status.

Also, I'm wondering if we should hide Retired badges by default in the badge list and only show them if a filter is set to show Any status.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
What exactly is the criteria for retiring a badge? I had assumed that badges weren’t retired unless they were tied to site-specific things. So if someone joined today, and they had an achievement from the WSOP beta with the matching time stamp, it would unlock the badge.

No one is going to be meeting criteria for the Early Adopter badge who hasn’t already met it, for example, but if someone joined the site and had an achievement from 05, they’d retroactively get it, and that’s why that one’s not retired, right? Or have I had the “retired” criteria all wrong in my head?
I myself have suggested to Eric that all badges tied to getting achievements in games while they're in betas should be retired. Some did get retired, but some of them are still marked as active.
What exactly is the criteria for retiring a badge? I had assumed that badges weren’t retired unless they were tied to site-specific things. So if someone joined today, and they had an achievement from the WSOP beta with the matching time stamp, it would unlock the badge.

No one is going to be meeting criteria for the Early Adopter badge who hasn’t already met it, for example, but if someone joined the site and had an achievement from 05, they’d retroactively get it, and that’s why that one’s not retired, right? Or have I had the “retired” criteria all wrong in my head?
Originally Posted by thanatos8285
Retired refers to badges that can no longer be earned by new members as a result of betas expiring, features being discontinued, or titles no longer being synced in the system.

With that said, you are indeed correct in that new members of the site can still retroactively unlock a retired badge like those for playing or unlocking achievements for beta or date-specific badges. The retired badge status is used mostly as a filter so users know which badges can and cannot be unlocked moving forward so you know which ones you can go after.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account