Member of the Month September 2015 (B8TINGU)

Community Interviews

Found 15 posts - Go to Last Post

Hello, is there anybody out there? Just nod if you can here me...feeling comfortably numb? Well it’s the first and that means a new Member of the Month, this time around it was a little awkward if I do say so myself, because I happen to pick myself, yup I had almost forgot that my name was even in this.. I almost decided to re-pick, honestly but then I had some powerfully bad news in my life and well I wasn’t really thinking of the site or gaming very much. This lead to me not being able to give the next person an ample chance to answer the questions and as you might see if you follow that this little interview is a going up late, as I pretty much just completed it. So for better or worse you get the real B8TINGU, I hope you approve.

Name:
My name is Jeff.

What do you do for a living?
I’m a maintenance engineer. Basically a glorified handyman, I don’t have a specific trade expertise, sort of a jack-of-all-trades, but master of none. I paint, fix and trouble shoot electrical, HVAC, concrete work, carpentry, low level construction, plumbing, landscaping and just whatever. Currently I’m in between jobs, as they would say.

Tell me about your Gamertag?
I started trying to think of all the cool names I could and wrote them all down on like two sides of two pages of paper, there were a lot…lol.. I tried most of them and none seemed to be available. I had skipped the first one on my list, which I was absolutely certain was already taken and with a heavy heart tried it anyway. It was B8TINGU a play on a license plate from a truck in a horror movie called “Jeepers Creepers” In the movie it was BEATINGU because, (Spoiler alert!) in the movie the monster or creeper as it would be, would eat certain parts of his victims. I don’t know I just thought that was cool because the movie led you to believe it was BEATing you as in he’s just a faster car. In the end one of the main characters realizes the mistake of this and says “ it was Be Eating you” It was a great movie and I wanted something horror affiliated. Now it has a bit of mystique to it. Most people will get it wrong thinking a myriad of things from I’m Baiting people in to something or I’ll Be Hating you for what’s going to be happening. I’ve heard some pretty weird theories.

When did you start playing?
Like quite a few others around here, I’m from the old school of Atari 2600 days and even a little bit before that. The first “electronic” game I remember having was a light gun that was like a shooting range, it would randomly shine a light on the wall and you would have to shoot it like skeet shooting. After that stopped working my brothers and I woke up the next Christmas to an Atari 2600, Pac-Man, was the hottest thing out there but we had Adventure (I thought that game was just AWESOME!) When my older sister moved out and her boyfriend had an intellevision so we were constantly over there. My father bought us the NES and later I actually saved up enough to buy a Super NES myself I followed to the N64 and when I herd about the PlayStation I had to get me one of those. Through the years I have had the 3DO, the Atari Jaguar and of course the PS2… but it wasn’t until I met the X-Box that my gaming habits forever changed. I have never wanted any other consoles since.

What's your play style? Ex: booster? Completionist? How often and long do you play?
Well I’m a casual gamer, who just so happens to love to boost and complete my games when I’m able. Even though I do bean dive quite a bit, This makes me an excentric gamer I suppose. I bean dive for sake of getting my games on my profile so others will know I have a particular game. Fun fact!: I’m also #1 in games played in my sate! I’ll try my best to boost or get done with all my multi player and online achievements first and sometimes that makes me bounce from game to game. Then there are times I just want to play to have fun, hardly looking at achievements or if I boosted a game and I want to keep it fresh in my mind or it was just a particularly good game, I’ll then try to complete it. I do try to get on everyday, but life happens and I’m a father first so that doesn’t always happen.

Tell me a good gaming story or experience? ex: Epic win/fail, marathon, accomplishment, a time you visited a game convention or met someone...or anything.
Hmm.. well like everyone else I have lots of little inconsequential stories, you know stuff everyone has where your about to get an achievement and your Xbox freezes or when your boosting and the achievement finally unlocks after months of grinding and you can here everyone else congratulate you but still have that stress in their voice. I guess the best story I have would be an epic boosting session that I started with joining a single session of Rouge Warrior early in the morning just to get the Friendship is for Suckers achievement. The session was only like two or three hours, but there was another session right after I had not joined and they needed another person so I happily jumped in then after that was over a few of us decided to stay over and a few random who had also found our group also wanted to boost, so we ended up going another few hours. I spent about 12 hours almost straight boosting and by the time it was done I had all the MP done.

Do you have a special shout out to anyone in particular in the gaming community?
Yes, the GTN community in general, It’s you fine gamers that not only help shape GTN but also help keep everyone in check. I know we don’t always see eye to eye and we may not even particularly like one another, but as a whole I think we can help grow GTN. So thanks to all of you for helping me be who I am to you, whether it be a boosting partner, arch nemesis, or just the dude on staff who seems to post a lot…lol I appreciate and grow from each of my interactions with you. Here’s hoping we can make GTN a better and bigger place!

What's your favorite game genre?
If you asked me this when I was a teen I would say Fighting. Now I can’t really pin point a true favorite. I would tend to think it’s more Survival Horror, but a good Sandbox and WRPG or Shooters are also among my favorites.

What’s your favorite game on 360? ONE? Of all time (any system)
My favorite game on the 360…so many to choose from I can’t just pick one favorite. How about a game series that would be The Elder Scrolls. I first played Morrowind on the original X-Box and actually hated it, so it sat on my shelf for about a year before I tried it again and after awhile I found myself just immersed in how good it really was. I’ve also grown to love the mindlessness of Minecraft and I’m currently loving Outlast, a seriously scary game on the One.

What is your worst game and Why?
Oh I love terrible games. For instance a lot of people hate Turning Point, but I really liked it. For a game to be truly bad for me it has to just suck on a multitude of levels, like control or camera angles or just the frustrations of certain tasks and I really can’t think of just one that fits that bill, I generally just don’t like to play sports games or Extreme sports games for this reason, mainly soccer games get me frustrated lol and for some reason I just really hate Fist of the North Star, great Anime but a horrible game (imop) I just hate button mashers and I just suck at this game, I can’t even get off the first boss!!

If you were a Video Game or game character who and why?
Marcus Fenix, of course, cause he’s simple and wants the best for the world and he’s a certifiable bad ass and very loyal.

Are you looking forward to any new releases?
All of them really… but if I had to narrow it down, Rainbow Six Siege looks great as well as Ghost Recon Wildlands, Fallout 4 and Crackdown 3. I do however have only one game pre ordered at this time, Barbie and her Sisters Puppy Rescue!!

Do you collect or not so much?
Oh yes, anyone who knows me knows my collection is kind of insane, 1300+ games between my hard copies and arcade/digital stuff. Although I don’t like digital downloads unfortunately I see disc going away, that’s a shame to me, I do own some though just not a lot. My ultimate goal is to own every retail version of every X-Box generation. Yes even the JAP and Pal stuff but mainly I’m focused on NTSC for now. I’m also pretty picky about my collection; everything is in great condition with original sleeve art and booklets if applicable. If you want to you can keep track of my progress thru my signature. Also as a collector a certain ADHT kind of effect happens when you’re confronted with a wall of games to play.

What's your favorite feature on GTN?
By far the community, I love the badges, but the interaction with the community is the best, I have made some new friends here and I hope to make more.

What would you tell people about GTN if you were trying to get them to join?
That GTN is a community of great gamers that look out for each other, that there’s not all the in fighting of other sites, the community actually has a voice here and helps mold and build the site. That GTN is a labor of love and not a corporate owned site so things are a little slower to happen around here but what we have already more than makes up for the slower process. That we have badges that reward active participation and of course stat tracking, which we are fine-tuning. Simply put that GTN is well on its way to be a powerhouse in the gaming community.

Is there anything you would like added to the site?
I would love to see some more customization for the profiles, give a small database of sorts and be able to add what you wanted to see where like a small are to post a picture or video and or the option to have that linked to you as the user who posted it. Something similar to what MySpace allowed a user to do. Maybe a Facebook type of integration, thumbs up system maybe? I would also like to a badge genre system and a way to track these on leaderboards for future competitions. Maybe an extra staff member and definitely some extra programmers. Oh I would definitely love to see some merchandise, like a GTN T-shirt? Mouse pad, coffee mugs?
Last edited 09-02-2015 at 02:50 PM by B8TINGU.
Good read, B8TINGU! It must be weird writing about yourself while being the mod of Community Interviews Smile
Cool read, interesting on where your GT came from. Love that movie and I'm getting that theme song stuck in my head as we speak lol
I like that questions 4 and 5 have the same answer.
I like that questions 4 and 5 have the same answer.
Originally Posted by futiles
Hence the validity of my putting this interview up in haste. Thank you for catching that, I'm actually kind of embarrassed now...It's fixed! There was some loss in translation when I was editing and I guess I accidentally copy pasted the same answers twice.. honest I wasn't cheating though!! lol.
Originally Posted by Preludecris
I'm glad some one got that reference.. I wanted to do a lot of referenced easter eggs in my interview, but just really didn't have the time this last week.. due to a family emergency.
I'm glad some one got that reference.. I wanted to do a lot of referenced easter eggs in my interview, but just really didn't have the time this last week.. due to a family emergency.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Lol. It was first thing that popped in my head.
It's interesting to find out more about members
Congrats, great writeup, I thought you'd never be picked. Wink

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account