Xbox Live app tracking off

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

Resolved
Looks like something is wrong with the Xbox Live app tracking again. I'm currently showing only 15/100 apps, and only XBox One; all of my x360 apps have disappeared. Hopefully just a glitch, since I'd prefer not to have to reload 50-60 apps on my 360.
Yup so is mine, I've unlocked all but app addict 4 but now it only shows 25 /100 unlocked
I think there was a thread, hopefully it wasn't staff only.

But, only Apps that have achievements are being tracked now. This is mostly due to how the XBOX API works and how it's not showing that information anymore.

I took a hit on that badge since Kaens already has it, someday there will be a 100 apps with achievements again.
I think there was a thread, hopefully it wasn't staff only.

But, only Apps that have achievements are being tracked now. This is mostly due to how the XBOX API works and how it's not showing that information anymore.

I took a hit on that badge since Kaens already has it, someday there will be a 100 apps with achievements again.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
It must have been staff or at least premium only. I usually look at each thread like that, and never saw anything about app counting changing.
Well, that sucks, definitely won't be hitting that 100 now. I think I was around at least 75-80, now at 15. What's worse is the huge number of apps that are not available anywhere but in the US. Some of these you could switch regions and download and boot on 360 to count, but you can't earn an achievement unless you're actually in the States for most of them (60 apps in US, as compared to 33 in Canada as of today). Oh well. Changing requirements for badges (and/or how they're tracked) is part of the reason I'm not chasing them as hard anymore. It's disappointing when others can get certain badges more easily, whether it be because of glitches or whatever (like the comments earlier), then it's clamped down for others making it really tough. Nothing against those people who have earned it since it's not their fault, but it throws a wet towel on wanting to chase them at times.
It must have been staff or at least premium only. I usually look at each thread like that, and never saw anything about app counting changing.
Originally Posted by futiles
It was posted in a public thread, here is Eric's response:

That's right, we no longer track Xbox 360 apps on the site. I did this to help clean up gamertag profiles and game library so they aren't overrun with apps that were deemed insignificant to the site's purpose. As a result of this change, I had to reset everyone's app count so it only includes apps with achievements.

LINK
Well, that sucks, definitely won't be hitting that 100 now. I think I was around at least 75-80, now at 15. What's worse is the huge number of apps that are not available anywhere but in the US. Some of these you could switch regions and download and boot on 360 to count, but you can't earn an achievement unless you're actually in the States for most of them (60 apps in US, as compared to 33 in Canada as of today). Oh well. Changing requirements for badges (and/or how they're tracked) is part of the reason I'm not chasing them as hard anymore. It's disappointing when others can get certain badges more easily, whether it be because of glitches or whatever (like the comments earlier), then it's clamped down for others making it really tough. Nothing against those people who have earned it since it's not their fault, but it throws a wet towel on wanting to chase them at times.
Originally Posted by Buckswana

So, it will be APPchievement Fest 2016 for you?
So, it will be APPchievement Fest 2016 for you?
Originally Posted by futiles
Good point...

There's actually apps that even in US that are hard or at least costly depending on what cable system you have if you can get the programming associated or not.
Good point...

There's actually apps that even in US that are hard or at least costly depending on what cable system you have if you can get the programming associated or not.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
i was able to get 2 app achievements without a provider on comedy central.
Thanks for the clarication guys, bad thing now is half the Xbox one apps now are not even adding chevo's
Marv is right - we aren't tracking Xbox 360 apps (outside of a few with badge associations), so your app count likely dropped as a result of that.

I'm going to add this question to the Help Center. That section could use some love. Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account