Open Technical Test

Titanfall 2

Found 21 posts - Go to Last Post

Please let me know if you are interested in playing the open Titanfall 2 Technical Test this weekend. There is a technical test 8/19 - 8/21, as well as 8/26 - 8/28. (Source: http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/tech-test/)

The Technical Test can be downloaded from the store here, on your console, or from your Xbox UWP app: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...t/bw02m3nt714p

I usually play in the evenings between 8 - 10.

Do not hesitate to send me a message here or on Xbox Live if you see me online playing; it's better to play with a team than lone wolf.

Prepare for Titanfall...
Downloading it now, but I wont be able to play until late tonight. After 11 pm most likely...
Damn it! I am saving my mad money for a 2tb One S. I would LOVE to play this Frown
The tech test is free for this weekend and next. Download and play a free multiplayer game for a few days. It's very fun.
The tech test is free for this weekend and next. Download and play a free multiplayer game for a few days. It's very fun.
Originally Posted by palmettobling
Do you think they will let your progress carry forward when get the full release?
Do you think they will let your progress carry forward when get the full release?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I doubt it considering this is a Pre-Alpha test. Your leveling may not even carry over into next week.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I think Marvz is right. They are using this for some feedback, but mostly for stress testing their backend server and matchmaking systems. Due to the large changes they will be making, I don't see any way progress would carry over. I doubt it will carry over from this weekend to the next weekend's tech test, to be honest.
Damn it! I am saving my mad money for a 2tb One S. I would LOVE to play this Frown
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
For the same price as a 2TB Xbox One S you can get a 500GB Xbox One S, with the Halo game series, and a 3TB external HDD...

So, console, games, and 75% more storage.
Tech test has been frustrating for me. I'm a big fan of the original Titanfall, and I had a lot of confidence that their unusual design decisions showed that the series was in good hands. After playing the tech test which has slowed down player movement, reduced TTK, titans on scorestreaks, and removed AI, it feels like they're swinging the pendulum back towards CoD.
For the same price as a 2TB Xbox One S you can get a 500GB Xbox One S, with the Halo game series, and a 3TB external HDD...

So, console, games, and 75% more storage.
Originally Posted by futiles
Whoa, really? I didn't know this... (looking now!)
Tech test has been frustrating for me. I'm a big fan of the original Titanfall, and I had a lot of confidence that their unusual design decisions showed that the series was in good hands. After playing the tech test which has slowed down player movement, reduced TTK, titans on scorestreaks, and removed AI, it feels like they're swinging the pendulum back towards CoD.
Originally Posted by N0RVY
I have not played much COD multiplayer, but I was getting a similar vibe. They really need to keep the core of the original game in tact and just add on. Punching pilots before the jump on you with your Titan is almost impossible now. No Rodeoing enemy titans?

This is still a work in progress. but yeah...

I really loved the training part of the Test, which gives me high hopes for the Single player campaign.
I just never got the whole Titanfall thing. I only played a bit of training thing and it just didn't interested me. Unless my step son downloaded it, this magically appeared on my installed page haha.
I have not played much COD multiplayer, but I was getting a similar vibe. They really need to keep the core of the original game in tact and just add on. Punching pilots before the jump on you with your Titan is almost impossible now. No Rodeoing enemy titans?

This is still a work in progress. but yeah...

I really loved the training part of the Test, which gives me high hopes for the Single player campaign.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I can see peoples concern, but I don't think it's a drastic direction change for Respawn. I think they have a lot of items taken out in this build to just simply keep the game (1) playable performance wise, since they are possibly not even at the optimization stage of the code, (2) keep it stable, to prevent as many crashes as possible to keep the strain on the servers, and (3) to keep some cards up their sleeves.

I'm taking this as a test for them to strain their servers and matchmaking, not work on final balancing and features of the game. I'm sure some of that will come into play, but I think they would be looking more at the core items in Titanfall for tweaking than whole direction changes.

I have faith they will keep the game I loved in Titanfall 1, and will have improvements. I'm getting a bit of that itch scratched with this Tech Test and I'm excited to see the full game.

P.S. if you have the grapple, that's easy rodeo mode, but even then you can't stay up there; gotta keep hopping on and throwing grenades in.
Whoa, really? I didn't know this... (looking now!)
3TB HDD $109.99 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-bo...&skuId=1765014

500GB Xbox One S with Halo MCC and Halo 5 $299.99 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsof...&skuId=5388601

Or, just a 2TB console with no games or anything $399.99 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsof...&skuId=5388400

In fact, the 2TB is by far the worst deal. At least the 1TB comes with Madden for $350. And the Gears console is a nice paint job 2TB with Gears 4 for $450. It seems obvious, to me, that they put the 2TB unit for sale for two weeks before any other SKU knowing it won't sell well afterwards.
3TB HDD $109.99 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-bo...&skuId=1765014

500GB Xbox One S with Halo MCC and Halo 5 $299.99 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsof...&skuId=5388601

Or, just a 2TB console with no games or anything $399.99 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsof...&skuId=5388400

In fact, the 2TB is by far the worst deal. At least the 1TB comes with Madden for $350. And the Gears console is a nice paint job 2TB with Gears 4 for $450. It seems obvious, to me, that they put the 2TB unit for sale for two weeks before any other SKU knowing it won't sell well afterwards.
Originally Posted by futiles
You're my saving grace on this one. I showed the missus - she's on board. I don't care much about the Halo games, but here nor there, I'd rather have more bang for my storage buck. Thanks!
You're my saving grace on this one. I showed the missus - she's on board. I don't care much about the Halo games, but here nor there, I'd rather have more bang for my storage buck. Thanks!
If Halo 5 is a digital code (I am sure it is), I would give you $10 for it.
I can see peoples concern, but I don't think it's a drastic direction change for Respawn. I think they have a lot of items taken out in this build to just simply keep the game (1) playable performance wise, since they are possibly not even at the optimization stage of the code, (2) keep it stable, to prevent as many crashes as possible to keep the strain on the servers, and (3) to keep some cards up their sleeves.

I'm taking this as a test for them to strain their servers and matchmaking, not work on final balancing and features of the game. I'm sure some of that will come into play, but I think they would be looking more at the core items in Titanfall for tweaking than whole direction changes.

I have faith they will keep the game I loved in Titanfall 1, and will have improvements. I'm getting a bit of that itch scratched with this Tech Test and I'm excited to see the full game.

P.S. if you have the grapple, that's easy rodeo mode, but even then you can't stay up there; gotta keep hopping on and throwing grenades in.
I agree. Getting on a Titan was not hard, it was more of the dynamics after you got on. Didn't care much for removing battery cores and then having to jump back on to dump a grenade. Let me shoot up the guts with a slammer. No burn cards. Titan ejection height has been halved. Hopefully they bring back all this stuff and I get it that its' a test.
I agree. Getting on a Titan was not hard, it was more of the dynamics after you got on. Didn't care much for removing battery cores and then having to jump back on to dump a grenade. Let me shoot up the guts with a slammer. No burn cards. Titan ejection height has been halved. Hopefully they bring back all this stuff and I get it that its' a test.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I do have to say that is something that I thought strange. I was rolling with it, but yes, it seems like titans have a lot less capabilities dealing with a rodeo-ed pilot, and enemy pilots in general. I couldn't activate my smoke defense at will? And when I did it seemed ineffective because they jumped off automatically and proceed to hop back on.

The burn cards seem to be replaced by the chosen and activated abilities (amped weapons and Ticks), which, if they have enough of those, could add to some crazy dynamics in class building, but those Ticks seem to suck.

I think I'm just a bit sensitive about this type of conversation, looking at all the posts on /r/titanfall and on their forums, I just see people screaming left and right posting things like "TF2 doesn't have enough content, same as TF1. Respawn fucked it up". I guess I should be used to the internet by now, but hot off the heels of No Mans Sky backlash I'd like to see more people wait for a take on a complete product over conclusions on items still in development.

*Full disclosure, I've pre-ordered the deluxe Titanfall 2 digital product from the Xbox store.
I do have to say that is something that I thought strange. I was rolling with it, but yes, it seems like titans have a lot less capabilities dealing with a rodeo-ed pilot, and enemy pilots in general. I couldn't activate my smoke defense at will? And when I did it seemed ineffective because they jumped off automatically and proceed to hop back on.

The burn cards seem to be replaced by the chosen and activated abilities (amped weapons and Ticks), which, if they have enough of those, could add to some crazy dynamics in class building, but those Ticks seem to suck.

I think I'm just a bit sensitive about this type of conversation, looking at all the posts on /r/titanfall and on their forums, I just see people screaming left and right posting things like "TF2 doesn't have enough content, same as TF1. Respawn fucked it up". I guess I should be used to the internet by now, but hot off the heels of No Mans Sky backlash I'd like to see more people wait for a take on a complete product over conclusions on items still in development.

*Full disclosure, I've pre-ordered the deluxe Titanfall 2 digital product from the Xbox store.
Yeah, can't say that they Fucked up just yet. Still a lot of work before release. I plan on picking it up once it goes live as well.
https://slack-redir.net/link?url=htt...eedback%2F&v=3

Developers summed it up well in this post.

Few things were not working as intended, but a lot of other concerns chalked to wait for the full game, its there.

Pilot momentum and speed fixed, maps diverse, diverse Titans for variety, and other boosts.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account