Sharing Win10 games

PC

Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

My wife upgraded her all in one in the office (that my daughter plays Wizard101 on) to Win10. So being the nice father I am, I went down, created myself a user, logged in a Kaens, downloaded 10 or so Surface games I already had, and then bought Win10 Minecraft because that is what my daughter wants.

Then I logged off, she switched to her, and NONE of the games are visible to her. Is this how it is supposed to be? Am I unable to share these games with her?
Yep. Each tag and log in is unique. I found that out the hard way. I have my wife's, my son's. and my tags separate on our PC, and each one hides whatever was purchased by each other one. [<- dafuq?]

I am sure someone has figured a way around it however.
I think it worked for me, but my secondary accounts were local accounts.

Here's a solution for Windows 8:

http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/wi...tiple-accounts
I think it worked for me, but my secondary accounts were local accounts.

Here's a solution for Windows 8:

http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/wi...tiple-accounts
Originally Posted by Fshguy
There ya go. I'll try it tonight and see if I can get it to go on 10.
I think that is what I need to do, thanks Fsh. Problem is, the pc is my wife's so I bet the store is set up for her account and I added my account. So if someone confirms this works, I might get myself a win10 pc for the house that my daughter could use too.
If you can wait until next weekend, I will try this when I get home.
So I tested it last night using the advice in Fshguy's link. Basically here is the answer...

Games/Apps are installed under each person, thus other users will not have visibility to your game purchases. To 'fix' that do this..
  1. Log into the person you want to share with
  2. Open the Microsoft Store as the owner of the game.
  3. Go to your library and redownload the games you want to share.
  4. Done. Family member now has access to the game in their path.

Now that seems kinda horrible in that there seems to be two copies of the game stored on your box, but disk space is rarely the problem on a PC. Unfortunately for me, because it is my wife's all in one, the space IS going to be an issue.
So I tested it last night using the advice in Fshguy's link. Basically here is the answer...

Games/Apps are installed under each person, thus other users will not have visibility to your game purchases. To 'fix' that do this..

Now that seems kinda horrible in that there seems to be two copies of the game stored on your box, but disk space is rarely the problem on a PC. Unfortunately for me, because it is my wife's all in one, the space IS going to be an issue.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Other than that storage issue, this is brilliant. I will try it for the missus in a bit.

Glad there's a workaround with more games coming...

Since it is basically a desktop, and not going anywhere, can you set the installation point to a NAS? I know I have set to install on secondary HDD and SDXC, but, I have never specifically selected the NAS.
Since it is basically a desktop, and not going anywhere, can you set the installation point to a NAS? I know I have set to install on secondary HDD and SDXC, but, I have never specifically selected the NAS.
Originally Posted by futiles
That would probably work, but I don't see me setting it up. I've used that pc only a handful of times and my daughter is never going to try and install any big games. Honestly all she wanted was Minecraft Story Mode, however the pc wasn't even good enough to install on.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account