Remove zero gamerscore games from completion stats

Feature Requests

I did not see this topic in the forums. When looking at your completion stats I think this site is including games that have zero gamerscore. This would bring down your average. Other sites don't include zero gamerscore games.

Why do people have zero gamerscore games on their card? I have a few to indicate to others that I have the game and am willing to boost it.
I did not see this topic in the forums. When looking at your completion stats I think this site is including games that have zero gamerscore. This would bring down your average. Other sites don't include zero gamerscore games.

Why do people have zero gamerscore games on their card? I have a few to indicate to others that I have the game and am willing to boost it.
Originally Posted by MrGompers
Well we'er not like other gaming sites,, or this could be voted on depending on how much resistance we have on it.. maybe you could add a poll here? Besides I (personally) don't get what the big deal is of zero gamerscore, it is an achievement after all and should be factored in. Having them taken out is kind of like cheating...lol. but that's just my opinion and I'm only one person. Besides if we took them out it may effect the badge that goes with it.
He's talking about games you loaded up, never unlocked an achievement in, and didn't remove from your gamercard. Not single 0gs achievements.

For example, if you went to Achievement Fest, loaded up hundreds of game to get the various 360v collection badges, but haven't spent the time to clear all the 0 GS off your card, it would drop your overall completion percentage because you'd be showing hundreds of never played/incomplete games. Most other sites do not count 0 GS games in their tracking, as if you had never played them.
He's talking about games you loaded up, never unlocked an achievement in, and didn't remove from your gamercard. Not single 0gs achievements.

For example, if you went to Achievement Fest, loaded up hundreds of game to get the various 360v collection badges, but haven't spent the time to clear all the 0 GS off your card, it would drop your overall completion percentage because you'd be showing hundreds of never played/incomplete games. Most other sites do not count 0 GS games in their tracking, as if you had never played them.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Oh, this makes more sense, thanks for the clarification. It's certainly is an option and I think it;s something that has been eluded to but never had a proper thread posted on it. I'll have to ask Eric, it does sons like a neat option and probably pretty doable.
I second this, it would bring me from 48% to 62%.
Screw that! Leave them in, choke the masses on their own fat!
Screw that! Leave them in, choke the masses on their own fat!
Originally Posted by futiles
I'm actually still kinda more with you on this one believe it or not, perhaps a POLL is in order...HINT, HINT, Cough, Cough....
I think you should just leave it the way it is
I realize that I'm new here to GTN, but if players don't want to have games included that they have not earned achievements in, why should new code be written to exclude them when it is much easier for the gamer who care about it to simply remove them from their card?
I realize that I'm new here to GTN, but if players don't want to have games included that they have not earned achievements in, why should new code be written to exclude them when it is much easier for the gamer who care about it to simply remove them from their card?
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Well, the question would be, if they have already been scanned, had the zero point game added to their profile on GTN, then removed it off their card on XBL, woukld the next scan from GTN actually remove it? Obviously, GTN is scanning for game adds and changes on a game it has scanned, but is it looking for removals?

So, either way, it might take code.
i keep alot of games at zero on my list so if a friend needs help they compare n then we can play co op
Well, the question would be, if they have already been scanned, had the zero point game added to their profile on GTN, then removed it off their card on XBL, woukld the next scan from GTN actually remove it? Obviously, GTN is scanning for game adds and changes on a game it has scanned, but is it looking for removals?

Actually the way your describing it sounds much more.....lets say intricate.. I don't think that would be feesable, I thought we were talking more or less site filter rather than xbl scan and remove. I'm thinking that would probably take up more resources then we'd care to use at this point.
For me it just comes down to not counting games that I never got an achievement on for the percentage calculation. Early on, Arcade games would show on your card even if it was a demo. As other people mentioned, for collections(and for badges here) you can get badges for playing the game, even if you don't get achievements. Then there's just games that I play them for a few minutes and decide I never will play them again, Rumble Roses and Thief fit for me. Too bad I spent 7 hours to get that one achievement in DOA X2!
Fifa 14 for me. F soccer. If MS let's us take them off our tag, they shouldn't count towards completion %.
I think we should be able to remove 0 gamerscore games.

This is the only question I had about it exactly, if you boot up a game to get a badge, then delete it from your gaming history, will you still retain the badge? I assume once you have a badge, you keep it, but wasn't sure if the site would remove it in a future scan.
This is the only question I had about it exactly, if you boot up a game to get a badge, then delete it from your gaming history, will you still retain the badge? I assume once you have a badge, you keep it, but wasn't sure if the site would remove it in a future scan.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Too my knowledge you can not loose a badge.
Too my knowledge you can not loose a badge.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
If that is the case, then it should be just as easy (if not easier) for people to simply remove 0gs games from their profile as mentioned above, rather than writing new code to exclude it. I routinely do this with games I'm not playing right away, since I go by MS's stats for most stuff; completion %, DLC for completions, etc.
I'd be happy to remove a few games from my profile to get me over 50% if that would work. Is this close enough to warrant a vote? I thought that was mentioned as an option?

The zero point games really don't reflect the games that I try to complete. Alas, I think I have 200-300 of them.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account