Baldur's Gate III will only have split-screen on Series X, NOT S.

Gaming Chat

Found 7 posts - Go to Last Post

Should the S be left behind if it means not holding back the X?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 7 (35.00%) Absolutely! I want the best version of a game.

× 3 (15.00%) No! It must be saved for those who can't afford the X

× 1 (5.00%) I'd take it on a case-by-case basis

× 4 (20.00%) I don't care either way

× 5 (25.00%) Doing it for the badge.

• Added 08-24-2023 06:40 PM
  • 20 votes
Larian Studios have confirmed that, after working with Xbox on the issue of the S being underpowered compared to the X, Split-Screen will be an X only feature when Baldur's Gate III launches on consoles later this year.

This has been agreed with Phil Spencer, and could mark a precedent for possible future titles being compromised on the S too, as up until this point, feature parity between the two current generation Xboxes has been a stipulation for studios releasing titles on the consoles. Only things like resolution, fidelity and frame rate have differed before - not part of a game's feature set.

How do you all feel about this?

My personal preference is - I'm really happy about it. Nothing should hold the current generation's most powerful console back. What's the point of the X if the S is going to hamstring it?
From the very beginning, I haven’t seen the point of the Series S.

The lack of a disc drive immediately disqualified it for me (I still buy physical sometimes and my Xbox doubles as a blu ray player) but the technical shortcomings of the system have reached the point where I don’t see why all-digital users would buy one either.

The Series S is cheaper, sure, but if money is an issue I don’t see why someone wouldn’t just stick with an Xbox One until they save up for a Series X.

Microsoft wanted to make both Series consoles into next-gen platforms, but at this point it’s clear that the Series S falls short of that - and leaves it in this no-man’s-land where it isn’t technically capable of keeping up with the Series X.

I think they would have been better off focusing all resources (especially production) on the Series X and never released the Series S. They probably could have partially mitigated the shortages and given the Xbox platform an edge over the PS5. Oh well.
It's great news. However, I thought it would never hit Xbox so I bought it on steam. In the tweet from the Larian dev he says that steam cross progression to Xbox consoles will work. I just hope that my achievements will auto pop when they sync.
Does it include the new Black version Series X? I can't remember if the guts were beefed up or if it's just a new color.
Does it include the new Black version Series X? I can't remember if the guts were beefed up or if it's just a new color.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Series S black just got a larger SSD, that's it.
I am still here thinking that couch co-op on a game like Baulder's Gate is a weird inclusion to begin with.
I am still here thinking that couch co-op on a game like Baulder's Gate is a weird inclusion to begin with.
Originally Posted by futiles
That's because it's Divinity: OS 3 really Wink

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account