Start tracking MS-designated "Rare Achievements"

Feature Requests

Completed

Do you want to track your "Rare Achievements" on GTN?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 38 (59.38%) Yes

× 26 (40.63%) Hell yes

• Added 10-09-2016 02:20 PM
  • 64 votes
  • Votes are public
Here's some background on what a "Rare Achievement" is: https://gamerant.com/xbox-rare-achievement-change/

Another site has figured out how to scrape the status of these. It would be nice if GTN could also pick up this designation, as it's determined across all Xbox users and not just users registered to the site.

If these can be tracked, I'd also like to see a badge for it. Maybe the same tiers as secret achievement badges (100/250/500/1000)?
I really didn't hear any difference. This actually poses more questions then answers though, like:

How does this effect your achievements going forward, are they going to be designated and tracked differently from the rest of your achievements?

Are they then going to retro these achievements as well?

Is this just an MS game feature or will it be for all games?

It seems like this is just a feature for stat tracking sites as I have never seen any tiered achievement designated as common, uncommon, etc. from MS on the X-Box or the official site. Unless that's something that is also coming.

Do I like the idea, yea. Do I need it, no. I wo der what the rest of the non-boosting community will think of this, if the later is true or maybe I'm just asking too many questions that in the end will not amount to anything.
And, if we give them a badge, what happens as more people get these "rare" achievements. If/when they stop being rare, does it then take away a badge because you no longer have that number? I voted "Yes" for stat tracking on this simply because I don't care either way.
Awesome of you to put in an option that isn't yes.

These "rare" achievements are dynamic across MS users. So, people would have to accept the fact that they would lose something if we start badging "rare" achievements. This community is not ready for that.
Awesome of you to put in an option that isn't yes.

These "rare" achievements are dynamic across MS users. So, people would have to accept the fact that they would lose something if we start badging "rare" achievements. This community is not ready for that.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
I agree but with a twist. I believe once a badge is earned it should never be taken away, but I see your reasoning. To me it's the equivalent of a championship. You may be the best at one time but you may not be the best for all the time. So the championship (badge) can be taken away, but it still doesn't nullify the fact that you had it at one time. So what I'm proposing would/could be a logistical nightmare and ultimately very unpopular, but it would be a fair assessment. Make the badge unique, when you have earned it it will show up in color, when you lose it it goes black and white until you re earn it, when its color the points go to your badge count, but when its black and white the points are removed.
It looks lie their doing what Sony does with the trophies showing rarity in % unlocked, it is a nice feature denoting possible hard achievements.
Let's get serious with microsoft doing the 3-4 day early access (Horizon 3/ Gears 4) you'll have people with these rarity achievements only to be common the next week, along with GWG more people playing can raise and lower some of those achievements it could be a big hassle for sites to keep track depending on how it's pulled from the microsoft side.
If we track that do we lose achievement rarity function here? We can't have both.
If we track that do we lose achievement rarity function here? We can't have both.
Originally Posted by dieselv2
This......exactly this. Lol, didn't even dawn on me until it was right here in front of my face. Don't we already do this then?
Rare on here is based on GTN members rather than whole of Xbox Live though. I prefer tracking here to be honest haha
I voted no.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Me too. Very difficult to track I bet. And since they lose their 'rare' status once 1% is reached, it'll be a constant game of tracking. Not something I want seen on the site.
This......exactly this. Lol, didn't even dawn on me until it was right here in front of my face. Don't we already do this then?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Probably better to track both...

I think we will see free/Games with Gold titles and very popular titles have really skewed rarity scores... Probably more so on kinect games or other casual type of games where people don't go for achievements...
Probably better to track both...

I think we will see free/Games with Gold titles and very popular titles have really skewed rarity scores... Probably more so on kinect games or other casual type of games where people don't go for achievements...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Or title updates/DLC with retroactive counters.
I have to admit I am loving MS's new feature as I love the Rarity listings on GTN. I get so excited knowing I have unlocked a legitimate hard achievement which only a small percentage of XBL community has unlocked it. Of course some easy achievements will be classed as rare but when you unlock a legit rare achievement I feel a sense of accomplishment Smile
TA has already started tracking MS rare achievements.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Yeah I noticed that, I like how they did that.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Saw this too dentoted with the little diamond, but sites like these it seems to not work as it supposed to be less than 1% of people and 11% have one on TA these sites have achievement hunters.

If we had badges for rarity it would be a huge problem, but it does pose a question this is likely only for this generation of achievements in games. So keeping the way GTN tracks rarity is good but would have to implement a new tracker for MS designated rare achievements.

Would this clog up the site?
Would this cause confusion?

Its a nice feature, but need have to have the staff and Eric figure out the coding to see what's possible and reclassifications.
I assume TA is screen scraping so it doesn't update properly?

A new game is going to have rare achievements for like first 10 minutes...bit of a rubbish feature when you think of it like that...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account