Any other Series X|S owners not taking advantage of their new console yet?

General Chat

Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

Any X|S buyers' remorse?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 3 (10.00%) Yep, right there with you.

× 1 (3.33%) Somewhat; I'm playing X|S games but wish I had waited

× 10 (33.33%) Nope, loving it.

× 4 (13.33%) No, waiting for more games/less bugs/a sale

× 3 (10.00%) No, no plans to upgrade any time soon.

× 9 (30.00%) Poll!

• Added 12-10-2020 05:19 PM
  • 30 votes
So I'm feeling kind of goofy. Pre-ordered my Series X, bought copies of AC Valhalla, WD Legion, and Cyberpunk 2077 (preorder), and eagerly awaited its arrival. And since getting here, I've decided not to play AC because I haven't played Origins or Odyssey yet, I'm not playing WD because of the save glitch, and my Cyberpunk delivery was delayed until December 24, and I'm not going to even plan to play that until the Series X upgrade is out yet anyway. I've just been continuing to play all the same X1/360 games that were sitting in the backlog anyway. Combine that with the fact that the interface on the Series X is exactly the same as the X1, and I basically just shelled out $500 for a refrigerator-shaped X1X. There's an alternate universe out there where another version of me is waiting for more Series X games to be released and a price drop, sale, or bundle of some kind before buying his Series X, and I'm fairly sure I'm not going to be taking advantage of my Series X any sooner than he is.

My intent isn't to complain or act like this was the result of anything other than my own decisions and actions. I'm just curious if anyone else is in the same boat with me.
At first I felt left out that my series x preorder was messed up on Amazon, but now I hardly care. Too many delays and problems that seem to happen often with the new consoles. I believe one day the series x will reach its potential, but I think that day is several years away. The xbox one was disappointing for me the first couple of years but Microsoft started to turn things around in more recent years. I think this will be true for the series x as well. With all the delays and problems I hear about, I dont see a reason why most people would be in a hurry to pay five hundred dollars for the new console at this point. I want to get one next year but only because I have about 750 dollars in Microsoft rewards points, lol... I wouldn't want one at this point if I had to pay out of pocket, it's been disappointing so far.
Not going to lie, I'm a bit jealous you were able to find a Xbox Series X|S. I was originally looking to buy around black Friday but didn't have any luck. At this point, I'm good with waiting until Spring or Summer of 2021. Microsoft Flight Simulator will be my incentive for buying in.
Still waiting for MS to finally ship my launch day order.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Damn, sorry to hear that. The preorders were a disaster for me on launch day. Every online store was messed up or completely down. I tried Best Buy, Microsoft store and Gamestop. I waited in line digitally and never got a chance from servers crashing or units selling out in minutes. I thought I had struck gold on Amazon but that preorder was canceled by Amazon days later. I hope you get your console soon. I'm going to use rewards from Microsoft for the Series X early next year, hopefully. I hate how rewards has a 550 thousand point limit for a calendar year. I reached mine 5 months ago, lol. I guess thats what I get for buying 90 percent of the games on xbox one digitally...
Well, I don't believe in Buyer's Remorse...

But, I am enjoying it when I get to use it. Been busy with other projects this year, that I only have like 10-15 hours total on the XboxSeX since it got here. My TV is 4K@120, and has HDMI 2.1 inputs, so, it supports full 4K@120 from the XSX. Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin's Creed Valhalla look amazing on it.

As far as waiting on Valhalla, you don't need to. The games are so lightly connected, that, you will really only be missing stuff from the "present day" portion of the game, which so far, was 5 min. (I have gotten a few hours in on the Xbox One S in the office)

But, I am enjoying it when I get to use it. Been busy with other projects this year, that I only have like 10-15 hours total on the XboxSeX since it got here. My TV is 4K@120, and has HDMI 2.1 inputs, so, it supports full 4K@120 from the XSX. Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin's Creed Valhalla look amazing on it.

As far as waiting on Valhalla, you don't need to. The games are so lightly connected, that, you will really only be missing stuff from the "present day" portion of the game, which so far, was 5 min. (I have gotten a few hours in on the Xbox One S in the office)
Originally Posted by futiles
What games run at 120fps on series x? I'm interested to know as I thought Legion and Valhalla only get 60 on series x.
Shipped today. Maybe I should have posted this note earlier...
Shipped today. Maybe I should have posted this note earlier...
Awesome, what are you going to play first on it?
I'm debating picking one up after I get home from this out of state work project. Granted, I don't play games that's often anymore, so I'm not 100% sold on buying one yet.
It's doing exactly what I intended for it to do: Play game pass games.

Originally Posted by futiles
Oh, awesome, thanks for the input. I wish all reviews of sequels included notes about how important it is to have played previous entries. I’ll have to dive in once I’m done with the couple I’m working on now.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account