Title Updates

PC

Found 5 posts - Go to Last Post

Anyone know how to update games without deleting your progress? I tried playing a game as is but achievements didn't unlock so I uninstalled and reinstalled the game but lost all my progress. There's at least a dozen games with title updates and I rather not restart them all.
All the recent Windows games with updates have been this way lately. Makes me want to hold off starting them until they hit the full 5k.

I can't seem to get them to update without a delete/reinstall either.
As far as I know, this is a problem that is up to the game developer to resolve, many of my friends are having this same problem
A lot of the recent games which have been updated have actually been upgraded to a whole new engine, so they can get the Series X badge (yes, even those shitty little games like Castle Walker and Lab Crisis). This means deleting and redownloading the whole game for the TUs to properly register. Hopefully the only time you'll need to do this is when a game that previously didn't have a S|X upgrade gets the upgrade treatment, meaning for the next TUs you should be able to update as normal.

The engine upgrade applies to the PC versions too, regardless of any difference in the game on that platform.

Thankfully, as boring as they can be (I really don't want to play the first ten levels of Mushroom Savior or Rabio again), they're quick to blast through.
This is one reason I took a break from achivment hunting on xbox. With all these title updates anyone can hit a million points etc. Its like all the games released these days are Avatar the Last Airbender.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account