Do u have a xbox series

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 7 (53.85%) Yes; Xbox Series X

× 3 (23.08%) Yes; Xbox Series S

× 3 (23.08%) No, but I want one

× 0 (0%) No, and I don't want one

• Added 09-19-2023 06:50 PM
  • 13 votes
I been wondering about this question for a while now.

Internet connection....
Xbox 360 u didn't have to have internet to play games or check your achievements... which is awesome.
Xbox one u have to have internet connection to play games or check your achievements... which sucks.
Xbox series x/s do you have to have internet connection to play games or check your achievements?

Been thinking about getting one this Christmas but wasn't sure if internet is required or not.
You may want to edit this. You are calling the Xbox Series X and Series S the "xbox one series x" and "xbox one series s"

One is the last gen which will probably confuse people. I know what you mean but if you can edit the poll, I would.
I can't edit the poll.

But would be nice for some to answer question.... do u need internet or not
The frame work is identical - it's more like when you get a PC upgrade. But the dashboard, the way the achievements work, the "home Xbox" settings and everything is identical to the One.
I can't edit the poll.

But would be nice for some to answer question.... do u need internet or not
Originally Posted by assassincreed83
I've edited the poll for you.
C64 Mat is correct, the Series X|S consoles run on the same framework as the Xbox One consoles. It's mostly just a flashy upgrade and I've noticed that when I change my dashboard on one (or my pins), it tends to change on both. I also find it quite frustrating that I can't use my disc based games or watch dvds/blurays when offline if I don't have the console set as my home. I get needing to be online or the home console for digital only content, but for discs? Really?
I been wondering about this question for a while now.

Internet connection....
Xbox 360 u didn't have to have internet to play games or check your achievements... which is awesome.
Xbox one u have to have internet connection to play games or check your achievements... which sucks.
Xbox series x/s do you have to have internet connection to play games or check your achievements?

Been thinking about getting one this Christmas but wasn't sure if internet is required or not.
Originally Posted by assassincreed83
You do NOT have to have an internet connection to play your games on an Xbox One nor on an Xbox Series. If you do, then it is because you are playing on a console not set to your "HOME" console. Which means that console does not own the game. This is exactly how digital content has worked since the Xbox 360. Home Console owns everything you have purchased, and anyone on that console may play it, offline or online. Your account also owns all content you have purchased, and my play on any console, as long as you are online to authorize the ownership.

So, if you are having ownership issues playing your games offline, check your console home status and set your active console to be your home console.

Also, those should have been multi-select buttons, as some of us have multiple options.

An Example for you:

I have an Xbox Series X and an Xbox Series S.

My X is setup in my den, on the 82" 4KTV. It is hardwired into my router, and has a constant internet connection, and literally only gets used at home and at Achievement Fest. Always online when I play, it is NOT my home console, as I use the online authorization to access my game content.

My Xbox Series S has one of the attached X-Screens, and is my travel console, and when needed, a boosting/multi-box console. It IS my home console, as quite often I am playing in a hotel room or some other situation while traveling, and internet is not a guarantee. Because it is my HOME console, all of my game content works on it, everything, Xbox 360 through Xbox Series, and not only me, but anyone on my console, has full access to it. So, at Achievement Fest, any easy game I owned, anyone could grab my S, take it to their station, play that game without me logged in, and bring back the console when done.
You do NOT have to have an internet connection to play your games on an Xbox One nor on an Xbox Series. If you do, then it is because you are playing on a console not set to your "HOME" console. Which means that console does not own the game. This is exactly how digital content has worked since the Xbox 360. Home Console owns everything you have purchased, and anyone on that console may play it, offline or online. Your account also owns all content you have purchased, and my play on any console, as long as you are online to authorize the ownership.

So, if you are having ownership issues playing your games offline, check your console home status and set your active console to be your home console.

Also, those should have been multi-select buttons, as some of us have multiple options.

An Example for you:

I have an Xbox Series X and an Xbox Series S.

My X is setup in my den, on the 82" 4KTV. It is hardwired into my router, and has a constant internet connection, and literally only gets used at home and at Achievement Fest. Always online when I play, it is NOT my home console, as I use the online authorization to access my game content.

My Xbox Series S has one of the attached X-Screens, and is my travel console, and when needed, a boosting/multi-box console. It IS my home console, as quite often I am playing in a hotel room or some other situation while traveling, and internet is not a guarantee. Because it is my HOME console, all of my game content works on it, everything, Xbox 360 through Xbox Series, and not only me, but anyone on my console, has full access to it. So, at Achievement Fest, any easy game I owned, anyone could grab my S, take it to their station, play that game without me logged in, and bring back the console when done.
Originally Posted by futiles
Everything I wanted to say but couldn't be arsed to write Big Grin
It's 2023, and we've been dealing with this same DRM system for 18 years, when the X360 first launched. What 3rd world country's rock have you been living under?
I've edited the poll for you.
C64 Mat is correct, the Series X|S consoles run on the same framework as the Xbox One consoles. It's mostly just a flashy upgrade and I've noticed that when I change my dashboard on one (or my pins), it tends to change on both. I also find it quite frustrating that I can't use my disc based games or watch dvds/blurays when offline if I don't have the console set as my home. I get needing to be online or the home console for digital only content, but for discs? Really?
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
All my disc based stuff works just fine offline, no issue. Of course, I have not bought a disc in 10 years now, but, the stuff I have works without issue...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account