Windows 8 + Windows 10?

PC

Found 38 posts - Go to Last Post

It looks like we're set up to count Windows 10 games in the same bucket as Windows 8. Seems reasonable to me since there's not effectively much difference outside of the gamerscore increase.

Should we update the descriptions around the side... Just looking at the badges... Combining these will help me to get to that 100 games played on "Windows 8" badge.
Call it PC (Win 8 &10). is there a Windows 9?
No Windows 9 because of legacy code that is only looking for first 4 characters and would break. It's made for Win95 and Win98 (both win9x). That's what I heard on Giantbomb.
I think Fsh has a good idea to combine the two os games.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
no they skipped that.
agree to call it pc but maybe..windows pc?
I would just call it "windows"
Originally Posted by Preludecris
That was my first thought as well.
Windows 8 + Windows 10 = Windows 18
Originally Posted by Dvader83
LOL, that's even better since Microsft skips numbers anyway. Hahaha...
LOL, that's even better since Microsft skips numbers anyway. Hahaha...
When I first saw the thread title "Windows 8 + Windows 10?" on the recent posts page, the first thing I thought was Windows 18.
I never understood the separation between the "Windows" for games anyway. I mean, yea I guess you have to have it in the description to realize what platform to run it on. So I fully support the idea of just a "Windows" consolidated badge.
Would it include GFWL, too, then? I mean, that would be part of Windows...
Would it include GFWL, too, then? I mean, that would be part of Windows...
Originally Posted by futiles
Not as it's set up now.
Not as it's set up now.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Well, could it be set up that way?
Well, could it be set up that way?
Of course it could be. I think the main issue is it would null and void a series of badges. I'll leave that in Eric's hands.
Of course it could be. I think the main issue is it would null and void a series of badges. I'll leave that in Eric's hands.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
oh, is there a GFWL series of badges, and a Win8 series of badges?
oh, is there a GFWL series of badges, and a Win8 series of badges?
yes the "PC Gamer" Badges are the GFWL badges and the "Windows Ate My Homework" are the Win8 badges. I thought Eric was going to retire the GFWL badges anyway because its technically "gone".
Last edited 08-10-2015 at 08:43 PM by Preludecris.
yes the "PC Gamer" Badges are the GFWL badges and the "Windows Ate My Homework" are the Win8 badges. I thought Eric was going to retire the GFWL badges anyway because its technically "gone".
Originally Posted by Preludecris
I had herd something similar, but I don't think you can retire it as other who may join the site may still be able to achieve it. Maybe he just changed the parameters of it or reorganized it? I don't know for sure.
I think they were classified differently at Microsoft possibly due to GFWL stuff needing the client to run, while all of the Windows games run right on desktop. I'm fine with keeping the PC and Windows categories separate, but grouping the Win8 and Win10 stuff probably makes sense.
I had herd something similar, but I don't think you can retire it as other who may join the site may still be able to achieve it. Maybe he just changed the parameters of it or reorganized it? I don't know for sure.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I'd be okay with just folding the GFWL badges themselves, then we don't have to worry about people missing out. Just combine them with the other windows one.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account