Member of the Month February 2016 (WolfWood37)

Community Interviews

Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

January...wait no it's February already!!! Did you know Deadpool is coming out this month? So begins the onslaught of new blockbuster hits...and speaking of blockbusters I have a just the gamer to get to know.. some of you may know him old school like, but that doesn't mean there's something new to learn about this salty dog....so lets set our sights on this gamer and get to know him before cupid gets you and you have to spend time with your better half, lets spend some time with:

Name:
Matthew

Where do you live?
Temecula, California

What do you do for a living?
Currently I work as a Night Auditor for a Resort.

Tell me about your Gamertag?
WolfWood37, okay so Wolfwood is a name of a character from my favorite anime called Trigun. He's a badass priest who carries a machine gun shaped like a cross...what else needs to be said? As for the 37, it's the original number of my favorite pokemon Vulpix from the Red and Blue days.

When did you start playing?
As far back as I can remember, my first system was the original NES, first game Super Mario Bros of course.

What's your play style? Ex: booster? Completionist? How often and long do you play?
As most of you may know I was a heavy completionist, booster, gamerscore whore back in the 360voice days. Lately as I've gotten bigger and bigger jobs and life stuff I've gone to a more casual playstyle. I still like getting gamerscore, but after only getting around 12k for all of 2015, my gaming time has taken a hit. When you work from 11pm to 7 am 4 nights a week, it cuts into everything.

What’s your current gaming setup like?
I have a very nice 60 inch panasonic 1080p HDTV. Currently I have Xbox One, 360 and PS2 hooked up to it.

Tell me a good gaming story or experience? ex: Epic win/fail, marathon, accomplishment, a time you visited a game convention or met someone...or anything.
Hmmm....that one's tough to pick. I'm not super skilled when it comes to online play, but I remember way back when during the 1st year of the 360 playing Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter . I was in a multiplayer game and I was camping as a sniper. I zoomed in to the other side of the map and found an enemy sniper and he never noticed me and took the head shot. Nothing remarkable....then about 30 seconds later he had respawned and when back to the EXACT same spot he was at before. I lined up the shot and headshot. I found that amusing and continued to camp and snipe. Then 30 seconds later...he was back AGAIN in the same spot. I couldn't believe it, so I lined up the shot and you guessed it...headshot.

This happened not three, not four, not five, not six, but SEVEN times. He never noticed me once. It took him seven deaths at my hand before he decided to move to another spot. I couldn't stop laughing. I don't think it's funny to noob someone like that, I'm sure he was super frustrated. I've been on the receiving end of things like that many times. But still I could not help but enjoy that moment for me.

Do you have a special shout out to anyone in particular in the gaming community?
Shoutouts huh.... Joshnorm, Fshguy, Tandar1, PTartx and many other of the core guys from 360voice. We will always remember.

What's your favorite game genre?
Japanese RPG, hands down. My love started with Super Mario RPG on the super nintendo and have been eating them up ever since.

What’s your favorite game on 360? ONE? Of all time (any system)
360? Hmmm.... Halo 3 I probably had the most fun with. Assassin's Creed II comes in a close second. One? Right now Eragon and Jumper for gamerscore....oh the torture.

If you were a Video Game or game character who and why?
Link. Master sword, bow and arrows, bombs, hookshot....what more do you need?

Are you looking forward to any new releases?
Hmmm, I'm curious what Nintendo's next system will be. The Wii U is an utter disaster. 3DS is one of the best systems ever made. I just hope whatever the next systems are that their virtual libraries will be carried over like with what the Xbox One has just done with XBLA games for 360. Granted it's take a few years to do so but at least it has happened. Making people buy the same old school game over again just because it's a new system is such crap. Anyway games...got my eye on Lego Avengers. I love the LEGO games. Naruto Shippuden Ninja Storm 4, one of my favorite fighting franchises, Final Fantasy 7 Remake...though I'm not happy about it being released episodically like a Telltale game.

Do you collect or not so much?
Yes I do. I have about 100 PS2 games and 140 360 games to name a few. I really started collecting during the N64/PS1 era. If you want me to list my collection it would take about 30 posts to do it all. Smile

What's your favorite feature on GTN?
Leaderboards, it's quite easy to see where you stack up with everyone.

What would you tell people about GTN if you were trying to get them to join?
If you want a community of gamers to hang out with, or compete with, or do whatever you want with. Casual, hardcore, professional, boost, etc. You will be able to find it here.

Is there anything you would like added to the site?
I've gone back and forth about having the 360 voice badge system here. I really delved hardcore into badgescore and badges there. It was an obsession with me. The more I think about it, the more I think it'll cause more trouble than it's worth. The fights it created were just ugly and pointless. It brought in just as many games as it scared off on 360voice that I think it's one of the reasons it killed the site. There were many other and bigger reasons, but it did not help things at the end. I can't think of anything else to add.
As for the 37, it's the original number of my favorite pokemon Vulpix from the Red and Blue days.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
My favorite part of the whole interview! Congrats on getting MotM.
Ah Trigun what a great anime... anyway great read congrats on MotM.
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm honored to have been picked.
Excellent reas, Mathew! Welcome to the exclusive club of MotM'ers!
Ahhh, the good times and not so good times together on the badge team......

Glad to see another friend on the member of the moth. And thanks for the shoutout Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account