Sync Server Maintenance

News & Announcements

Found 6 posts - Go to Last Post

I'm currently in the process of updating the Gamertag Nation sync server, and estimate the process to be completed by 11 PM (CDT / GMT-5).

During this time, some games may not sync up immediately. All individual gamertag data, including game achievement and gamerscore totals, will still be recorded while the update occurs.

I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. I'm working on it!

P.S.: There are some truly incredible things on the way for Gamertag Nation.
Smile

- Eric
I'm not new to the site, but I have never really used the site since I joined in May. I think the site is visually amazing and has a lot of Xbox information that gamers look for. The only reason I don't use it, is because my achievements are way off, and I don't know why that irritates me so much, but I'm sure I'm not alone. Are there any plans down the road to getting scanners to at least do the initial complete profile scan for people?
i believe this depends on who we get our syncing resources from, and since we don't currently have permission to work directly with Microsoft, the sync may be less than perfect.
normally, you can add the missing achievements by starting up the game to which they belong, but that obviously won't work for people who no longer have certain games.

that said, Eric should be able to tell you more about possible plans for syncing in the future.
I'm not new to the site, but I have never really used the site since I joined in May. I think the site is visually amazing and has a lot of Xbox information that gamers look for. The only reason I don't use it, is because my achievements are way off, and I don't know why that irritates me so much, but I'm sure I'm not alone. Are there any plans down the road to getting scanners to at least do the initial complete profile scan for people?
Originally Posted by Spectre
Hey there - glad to have you here. Our data should be fairly accurate actually. There isn't a complete profile scan for new gamertags, but that does sound like a good idea. I can definitely see why that might be needed. Unfortunately, we can't do much about old games. Similar to other gamertag profile sites, our Xbox Live feed may only grab the last 16 games that were played.

Your gamertag data will remain up to date as soon as you add and verify your gamertag to Gamertag Nation. Old games, however, will not be added to your gamertag because we simply don't have access to it. We aren't a recognized Xbox Community Development Partner (Microsoft ignores us), so we're doing the best we can.

Thanks again for sending in your feedback. Have a good one.
Hey there - glad to have you here. Our data should be fairly accurate actually. There isn't a complete profile scan for new gamertags, but that does sound like a good idea. I can definitely see why that might be needed. Unfortunately, we can't do much about old games. Similar to other gamertag profile sites, our Xbox Live feed may only grab the last 16 games that were played.

Your gamertag data will remain up to date as soon as you add and verify your gamertag to Gamertag Nation. Old games, however, will not be added to your gamertag because we simply don't have access to it. We aren't a recognized Xbox Community Development Partner (Microsoft ignores us), so we're doing the best we can.

Thanks again for sending in your feedback. Have a good one.
Originally Posted by Eric
I absolutely understand! This site looks amazing, and I really like some of the new additions you all made to the site. I actually though you all did have a community developers licence! Even with the licence, there isn't much help from Microsoft. Trueachievements has been using site scanners since the beginning, only because Microsoft wouldn't grant them a CD Licence. Wasnt till TA.com started to get around 100,000 members and was pinging xbox.com for each person all the time, that they decided, "I guess we'll give them a licence, if they stop using the scanners." TrueAchievement refused it because the scanners are more effecient, hahahahahaha, in your face MS! Moral of the story Microsoft cares for no one lol. You gotta make them hate you, to grant you a licence!
You gotta make them hate you, to grant you a licence!
Originally Posted by Spectre
Quote of the day. Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account