No Acheivements on New Apps

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

Hey,

I know it's just a small thing but I've noticed there are no achievements with new apps on the xbone ? Does anyone know if this has stopped and achievements are now focused on games ?
I believe app achievements were always optional, but I could be wrong. Do you have any examples?
Dude, if that's the case that sucks and I don't care about owning an Xbox One for a while longer now, seriously. The reason why I kind of wanted one was so I could borrow games from Gamefly and friends, but also just get different completions (I know they don't count) by using the different apps. The achievements for YouTube and Netflix sound pointless, but fun nonetheless. I hope what you're talking about isn't necessarily true and there are only a few apps that have made themselves the ones I couldn't care less about.
Dude, if that's the case that sucks and I don't care about owning an Xbox One for a while longer now, seriously. The reason why I kind of wanted one was so I could borrow games from Gamefly and friends, but also just get different completions (I know they don't count) by using the different apps. The achievements for YouTube and Netflix sound pointless, but fun nonetheless. I hope what you're talking about isn't necessarily true and there are only a few apps that have made themselves the ones I couldn't care less about.
Originally Posted by Infected Stray
Well, it isn't like the achievements on Netflix or Hulu or YouTube or whatever are being removed...
Well, it isn't like the achievements on Netflix or Hulu or YouTube or whatever are being removed...
Originally Posted by futiles
What are you implying and who are you targeting with your reply?
I wouldn't use the word targeting...lol. but he is talking to you. He just saying that the existing achievements are still there and obtainable (for now at least) so if you do get then One you can still get a good amount of app achievements. Although I do have to point out that app achievements are all 0 points, so I never really put too much stock into them, they are more like a novelty that has worn off and now if I'm bored I may try for one, otherwise they just unlock whenever.
He's telling you that there are already dozens of apps with achievements, and the specific apps you mention already have achievements which are not being removed for any reason.

If you are basing your decision to get an Xbone on whether or not any new apps will have 0 gamerscore achievements, your priorities are strange to me. Most tracking sites don't consider apps in completion totals anyway, so I find your reasoning bizarre.
I seriously don't know how I could have made it more clear.

I replied to you. I mentioned the apps you mentioned. I implied nothing, but actually made a clear statement.

So, I guess "targeting you" with my quoted reply to you...
Yeah it's just a small thing. I've Noticed recent apps don't carry acheivements at all. They are pointless but interesting at the same time.
@Evil Snags

What apps are you talking about?

I see, all recent additions and having achievements.
Bravo Now
Telemundo
PopcornFlix
The Movie Network Go

I would say probably only certain Apps don't have achievements.
@Evil Snags

Bravo Now
Telemundo
PopcornFlix
The Movie Network Go

Originally Posted by Fshguy
Right on. Thanks Fsh for clearing that up. I deleted what I had originally wrote so I wouldn't stir up further controversy.
@Evil Snags

Bravo Now
Telemundo
PopcornFlix
The Movie Network Go

Originally Posted by Fshguy
Yeah in Australia we have local TV apps that don't contain achievements.

And also NBA Gametime.

I will check out those apps you mentioned. Cheers
I think app achievements and challenges are annoying. do I go for them? yes. am I annoyed? yes.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account