Color messed up on the remaster?

Assassin's Creed III Remastered

Found 4 posts - Go to Last Post

As I've been working my way through the remaster (well, through the series, really. I'm on III Remastered and once that's done I'll move onto Valhalla) I've noticed that some of the sections seem to be much darker and harder to see than I recall. Looking at video of the older/original game, I see that things were much brighter and clearer. I've gone into the game settings and made it as bright as I can and no other game or TV show/movie comes out this dark. Am I the only person to notice this odd darkening / discoloration of the remaster?
As I've been working my way through the remaster (well, through the series, really. I'm on III Remastered and once that's done I'll move onto Valhalla) I've noticed that some of the sections seem to be much darker and harder to see than I recall. Looking at video of the older/original game, I see that things were much brighter and clearer. I've gone into the game settings and made it as bright as I can and no other game or TV show/movie comes out this dark. Am I the only person to notice this odd darkening / discoloration of the remaster?
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Have you tried one on one comparing both versions on your system, AC 3 is backwards compatible, it might be a TV setting. I had input delay without knowing really for many years. So possibly a contrast setting might help.

It could be a theory that the game is being emulated on Series Consoles as it's already an older game iirc. So it could be a graphical bug only on series consoles (only applies if you play on series ofc)

I had a similar bug when playing Borderlands 1 Japanese Region on my Xbox 1 X, where the game would have no music nor ambiance sounds and music, giving it the mot empty feeling experience in a long time
Have you tried one on one comparing both versions on your system, AC 3 is backwards compatible, it might be a TV setting. I had input delay without knowing really for many years. So possibly a contrast setting might help.

It could be a theory that the game is being emulated on Series Consoles as it's already an older game iirc. So it could be a graphical bug only on series consoles (only applies if you play on series ofc)

I had a similar bug when playing Borderlands 1 Japanese Region on my Xbox 1 X, where the game would have no music nor ambiance sounds and music, giving it the mot empty feeling experience in a long time
Originally Posted by Rainbow Dash
I haven't tried replaying the original version, but mostly because this is the same TV I used when playing that game. To be honest, I'm not even sure I still have the save file on my 360 to be able to go back to the specific missions that I'm noticing the issues on (the two biggest being "The Mad Doctor's Castle" during the Captain Kidd's Treasure questline and the investigation portion of the "Pieces in Motion" memory in the 2nd part of Tyranny of King Washington. This is the only game where I've noticed any color/brightness type of issues and playing with my visual settings didn't seem to fix these issues. But, if I'm the only person to notice it, the issue may just be on my end somehow.
I haven't tried replaying the original version, but mostly because this is the same TV I used when playing that game. To be honest, I'm not even sure I still have the save file on my 360 to be able to go back to the specific missions that I'm noticing the issues on (the two biggest being "The Mad Doctor's Castle" during the Captain Kidd's Treasure questline and the investigation portion of the "Pieces in Motion" memory in the 2nd part of Tyranny of King Washington. This is the only game where I've noticed any color/brightness type of issues and playing with my visual settings didn't seem to fix these issues. But, if I'm the only person to notice it, the issue may just be on my end somehow.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Could be a one person issue, maybe try reinstalling? See if that solves it

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account