Rich text in commenting system

Feature Requests

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

Completed

Do you want to see more formating options in comments?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 24 (64.86%) Yes, I agree with Kaens.

× 0 (0%) No, <see comment below>

× 13 (35.14%) Poll - I'm here for it, not even bothering to read what Kaens said

• Added 08-16-2015 04:31 PM
  • 37 votes
This is really me complaining about carriage returns again more than rich text, but I never got anywhere with that so starting new (with a poll because that gets you views!).

I really need to be able to create new lines in comments. Bold and links would be great, embedding pictures and YouTube videos would be even better. Why do I care so much? Because the comment system is how GTN is looking for us to create solutions (based on the new badge names & descriptions), but if all we are limited to a paragraph of text this is going to hold the solutions back. We need to be able to create lists or multipagraph solutions.
Well, I think anything improving the formatting of the site, making it more readable is a positive. The only reason I don't use the forums at Achievement Hounds is that they are just a jumbled mess of text, and are completely unreadable.
I have not dived into achievement comments just yet, but wouldn't it work just as the forums would? Same tools, No?
I have not dived into achievement comments just yet, but wouldn't it work just as the forums would? Same tools, No?
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
No, none of the forum code transfers to comments on your feed or elsewhere. It would be nice if everywhere you posted used a unified format, though.
I love this idea actually, I'd like to see something more like FB integration and or maybe away to post our comment to FB more easily. I just wouldn't want GTN to end up looking like Myspace or something.
/bump

I want to add a solution to some recent achievements I have gotten, but a screenshot would be extremely more informative that my description.
/bump

I want to add a solution to some recent achievements I have gotten, but a screenshot would be extremely more informative that my description.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I think your solutions should be, "Figure it out yourself, d-bags."
I think your solutions should be, "Figure it out yourself, d-bags."
Originally Posted by futiles
I got too many negative votes on the ones I posted like that over at TA. I guess some folks need thierhands held while playing video games too.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account