Support tie-breaker orders on customer leaderboards

Feature Requests

Found 15 posts - Go to Last Post

Under Review
In the event of a tie, the default order seems to be alphabetical. For some badges like gamerscore, that is probably okay, but it would be nice if we could configure our own tiebreakers. For example, last completed time stamp for completed games or number of badges (asc or desc) for badges.

I'm sure there are many other ideas here, but mostly Fsh just needs to understand you don't beat the champ because you tied.
For custom leaderboards, I say "yes" because I like the idea of tie breakers.
This might sound a little douchy, but I'm not trying to be that way, but I (personally) think this would take a little too much effort for how often it actually happens.

Like really how often does it happen to warrent this?
This might sound a little douchy, but I'm not trying to be that way, but I (personally) think this would take a little too much effort for how often it actually happens.

Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I'm with you, Kaens is just trying to boost his thread count...
It may appear less often here, while the community is still growing, and probably seems like it's less often at the #1 spot, but it does happen more than you'd think. Heck, just a quick check of some other leaderboards show ties st several ranking positions, and the completion percentage leaderboard has a 3 way tie for 1st place.
....and the completion percentage leaderboard has a 3 way tie for 1st place.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Did you happen to look more in-depth at the three that are at the top?
Just one of them, he had several thousand achievements and about 180 completed games, as I recall. I only did a quick look while at work so as to have some points of reference.
One of them has completed three easy XBLA games and hasn't unlocked any achievements since 2013.
And yet, he's still tied for 1st place. Which certainly lends credence to the "tie breaker" idea, doesn't it? Wink
I wasn't disagreeing with the idea, I was merely pointing out what I discovered when looking for potential parts of the site where Mystery Badge VII could be found.

Does it matter how often it happens? There is tons of code and development on this site to one-off situations. Completing a game, partaking in a beta, finding a light-up widget on a page, happy birthdays, happy signup anniversaries, and whatever else.

The fact is, it happens, and it wouldn't take that much effort to give some form of tie-breaker some attention.

Could be easy as first to get there, or efficiency, or complexity, or something slightly different for each of the trackable leader categories.

For badgescore, least number of badges breaks tie, then order of arrival at badgescore.

For completion percentage, total gamerscore descending, then number of games played descending.

For number of posts, posts per day, then biggest asshat ascending.
Does it matter how often it happens? There is tons of code and development on this site to one-off situations. Completing a game, partaking in a beta, finding a light-up widget on a page, happy birthdays, happy signup anniversaries, and whatever else.

The fact is, it happens, and it wouldn't take that much effort to give some form of tie-breaker some attention.

Could be easy as first to get there, or efficiency, or complexity, or something slightly different for each of the trackable leader categories.

For badgescore, least number of badges breaks tie, then order of arrival at badgescore.

For completion percentage, total gamerscore descending, then number of games played descending.

For number of posts, posts per day, then biggest asshat ascending.
Originally Posted by futiles
You seem a little tense about this? Let's take it down a notch, after all I did state I wasn't trying to sound like a douch. The more info the better all I was doing was inviting the arguments too or for it. No need for hostility.
You seem a little tense about this? Let's take it down a notch, after all I did state I wasn't trying to sound like a douch. The more info the better all I was doing was inviting the arguments too or for it. No need for hostility.
No tense or hostility in that post at all. Just simple statements laid out logically. No "notch" to take it down.

Why even "invite an argument" if you don't have an strong opinion on it?
Status changed to 'Under Review' - I'll look into how feasible this on the code side.
Status changed to 'Under Review' - I'll look into how feasible this on the code side.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Awesome, thank you!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account