FIFA World Cup 2014

Sports

Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

World Cup 2014: Which team will win this year's tournament in Brazil?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 2 (10.00%) Brazil

× 1 (5.00%) Argentina

× 2 (10.00%) Italy

× 3 (15.00%) Germany

× 0 (0%) Belgium

× 7 (35.00%) United States

× 7 (35.00%) Other

• Added 06-20-2014 09:07 AM
  • 20 votes
  • Multiple choice enabled
The greatest worldwide event happens every 4 years. So who's following the World Cup this year?

Italy and Brazil for me
Not me, and it's so funny to me all the Americans who suddenly fill their Facebook posts with following soccer. You mf'ers don't like soccer any other time, stop fronting now!
i played varsity soccer in high school thats the only time i cared for it
I follow soccer quite a bit, and naturally I go for USA. I'm realistic about our chances, but we continue to improve every WC.
Outside of the US, I like watching the Dutch and Japan. I might root for England more often if they weren't a consistent under-performer.
Not me, and it's so funny to me all the Americans who suddenly fill their Facebook posts with following soccer. You mf'ers don't like soccer any other time, stop fronting now!
Originally Posted by Kaens
U.S.A.!, U.S.A.!, U.S.A.!, U.S.A.!, U.S.A.!, U.S.A.!, U.S.A.!, U.S.A.!, U.S.A.!, U.S.A.!, U.S.A.! Funny tho g is I have no idea about anything in soccer until this WC... I'm being educated by some people, but still, meh... Of course I'm rooting for the home team, it's like the Olympics, I'll watch some but ultimately just not my cup o tea... I love how if you watch on Telamundo a lot of Spanish speaking people are all rooting for the good ol' U.S.A.! It warms my heart, but its just funny considering that Soccer is such an underrated American sport (not meaning that in a bad way) I guess I mean more like under advertised American sport. Even now during WC its not as big as the NFL...or NBA...
As much as I'd like to see USA go all the way, I need to be realistic. I'm going for Germany and Netherlands. I feel Netherlands has a great chance this year especially how they demolished the 2010 champions on a 5-1 match. Then again Spain was terrible this year and it was barely a win to celebrate, but I could see them back to back finals
Yeah we are doing well again this year it seems, altho Spain was heavy favorite at the start of this tourney. We are looking at it game by game. Germany and I guess Brasil are also favorites, but it might be an upset year again with their recent results. Who knows, maybe France ?
I could actually see France making it far this year, not going to lie. I'd probably even go as far as saying Mexico will go far as well. Did anyone see the Mexico v Brazil game? The Mexican goalie CRUSHED it. Brazil had no chance of making a single goal. But the Mexican offense needs to actually score if they want to win. They can't just go with ties. Letting 0 goals in is fine, but a +1 GD won't look good either.
Actually, living in Kansas City, I get to go to an MLS game each year, featuring a good team. I'll pretty much watch any sport live (at the game). And, other than baseball, most are good on TV, too.
Still a bit of a Germany fan, since I lived there as a kid. They're still a powerhouse, unbelievably well organized every game.
I really know nothing about the World Cup, but I'll always vote for my local teams; in this case USA. Big Grin
Luis Suárez banned for four months for biting in World Cup game

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account