A 6 or 7 win team will get into the NFL Playoffs...

Sports

Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

With the Panthers(6-8-1) vs Atlanta(6-9) next week, it's winner take "all". Unless they end up with a tie...

I think any division in football than can't put up a winner should be disqualified. They certainly shouldn't be rewarded with a home wildcard game.

And we should have mercy and not be forced to watch the Buccaneers play the hapless 'Aints when great matchups like Lions vs Packers, Cincy at Pittsburgh, even Panthers at Atlanta are on...
With the Panthers(6-8-1) vs Atlanta(6-9) next week, it's winner take "all". Unless they end up with a tie...

I think any division in football than can't put up a winner should be disqualified. They certainly shouldn't be rewarded with a home wildcard game.

And we should have mercy and not be forced to watch the Buccaneers play the hapless 'Aints when great matchups like Lions vs Packers, Cincy at Pittsburgh, even Panthers at Atlanta are on...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I think Dolfans should just concern themselves with maybe beating the Patriots sometime...

(And, you left off, "for the second time" from your title)
Bengals Steelers has been flexed to your night game. So the very last game of the regular season will be a battle for the AFC North.
I'm pretty disappointed that the Cards have had such a miserable year with injuries, and without home field, I don't think they can get very far.
Otherwise, these playoffs seem promising this year. I'm ok with a poor record making the playoffs, as anything can happen once they start.
I'm pretty disappointed that the Cards have had such a miserable year with injuries, and without home field, I don't think they can get very far.
Otherwise, these playoffs seem promising this year. I'm ok with a poor record making the playoffs, as anything can happen once they start.
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
I can see teams having a rough start and then coming out strong towards the end, but this has been a horrible season for the NFC South.
I can see teams having a rough start and then coming out strong towards the end, but this has been a horrible season for the NFC South.
If Atlanta beats Carolina, they have earned it. Even only being 7-9 overall, they will be 6-0 in the division. They truly won the division.
I think Dolfans should just concern themselves with maybe beating the Patriots sometime...

(And, you left off, "for the second time" from your title)
Originally Posted by futiles
Hey, they beat the Patriots 33-20 first game of the season, they split last year too... That's progress...
Hey, they beat the Patriots 33-20 first game of the season, they split last year too... That's progress...
Nope, that just means one more season until they fire everyone on the staff...

But hey, you could be the Raiders or the Browns...
This started out having that feel of superiority coming from the high and mighty champagne popping mountain.

(Which, BTW, is the absolute worst part of EVERY NFL season)
This started out having that feel of superiority coming from the high and mighty champagne popping mountain.

(Which, BTW, is the absolute worst part of EVERY NFL season)
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Fshguy doesn't troll very well.
Nope, that just means one more season until they fire everyone on the staff...

But hey, you could be the Raiders or the Browns...
Originally Posted by futiles
Browns are in really rough shape, Manziel...

In any case, looks like I'm rooting for teams that haven't had a Championship in the past 20+ years, if ever.
Browns are in really rough shape, Manziel...

In any case, looks like I'm rooting for teams that haven't had a Championship in the past 20+ years, if ever.
Right, Dolphins...
As a Falcons fan I'm really ambivalent about making the playoffs. They need help, but draft help will be more difficult to obtain if they win the division. A lot to sacrifice for a likely first round exit.
As a Falcons fan I'm really ambivalent about making the playoffs. They need help, but draft help will be more difficult to obtain if they win the division. A lot to sacrifice for a likely first round exit.
Originally Posted by MadvilNE
The worst thing anyone in the NFC South can do is win the division.
Very crappy division, but you get a fresh start in the playoffs and if you can get hot, you never know....I think the Falcons have a much better chance of doing that than Carolina does...
Also, remember what happened a few seasons ago. Seattle got in as a 7-9 team & knocked the defending champs (Saints) out in the first round. This season though, it's looking like Seattle has a real good chance to repeat.
Yeah, I hate to say it, but I think the AFC is going to struggle this year in the Super Bowl.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account