Sports

Found 27 posts - Go to Last Post

Who wins Superbowl 50?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 27 (71.05%) Carolina Panthers

× 11 (28.95%) Denver Broncos

• Added 01-25-2016 06:10 PM
  • 38 votes
That's because most players are realizing what the Pro Bowl is, seasons over and they don't want to risk injury. Its a shame really but there really is no need for it anymore.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Well, and the Probowl check is crap, in comparison. It really has not kept up with salaries. You know, when you made $30-$100K in a season, and you could get a grand or two for a single game after the Superbowl, with a free trip to Hawaii, with your family, the whole skills competition to jerk around with your peers from the other teams, and what not, yeah, it was almost fun.

Now, the sandlot, pick 'em game, that can't even get head coaches for both teams (seriously, Mike McCarthy couldn't be bothered, so, Green Bay's LB coach was one HC of the Pro Bowl???), can't decide if it is Hawaii, or Miami, or Arizona, or Before the Super Bowl, or After, or is it tackle or touch now?

I'd rather see the players selected as the best at their position (1 of each) go to Hawaii for a 2 week Madden tournament, live streamed on Twitch, than to put that crap on the air...

So, a 28-player tournament?

QB
Center
LT
RT
LG
RG
TE
WR
FB
HB

NT (represent the 3-4)
LDT
RDT
LE
RE
LOLB
ROLB
LILB
RILB
MLB (Represent the 4-3)
LCB
RCB
SS
FS

K
P
PR
LS

Maybe throw in 4 At-Large Bids to get you a 32-player tournament? That breaks down to a champion easily...
Well, and the Probowl check is crap, in comparison. It really has not kept up with salaries. You know, when you made $30-$100K in a season, and you could get a grand or two for a single game after the Superbowl, with a free trip to Hawaii, with your family, the whole skills competition to jerk around with your peers from the other teams, and what not, yeah, it was almost fun.

Now, the sandlot, pick 'em game, that can't even get head coaches for both teams (seriously, Mike McCarthy couldn't be bothered, so, Green Bay's LB coach was one HC of the Pro Bowl???), can't decide if it is Hawaii, or Miami, or Arizona, or Before the Super Bowl, or After, or is it tackle or touch now?

I'd rather see the players selected as the best at their position (1 of each) go to Hawaii ..
Originally Posted by futiles
I think this is what it was at one point, when it first began. I think they even got a good bonus out of it too, but I'm not sure about the money. I'm liking your idea though, I think give these guys some sort of incentive to go, like a special trophy or ring that allows you to upgrade it if you are picked multiple times.. You know something..give them a reason to play.
Gotta love the underdog. Definitely not was I was expecting, Broncos' D was incredible. Thought Newton would find the occasional spot for a few big gains here and there, but nope. Drops by guys didn't help. Newton will get another chance, but Manning goes out on top.
I don't think many people expected this type of game.. Was hoping that Panthers would get their first Superbowl win this time. Nice to see Manning finish win a win or let's hope he does!

There are no guarantees that Newton gets back here, hope he learns and gets a chance against the Dolphins next year...
Gotta love the underdog. Definitely not was I was expecting, Broncos' D was incredible. Thought Newton would find the occasional spot for a few big gains here and there, but nope. Drops by guys didn't help. Newton will get another chance, but Manning goes out on top.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
I love when #1 Offense plays #1 Defense in the Super Bowl (it isn't often) and the #1 Defense is the underdog. Last time was Oakland-Tampa. Same result.
I win another poll, and this one also comes with a cash prize at the sports book tomorrow.
I love when #1 Offense plays #1 Defense in the Super Bowl (it isn't often) and the #1 Defense is the underdog. Last time was Oakland-Tampa. Same result.
Originally Posted by futiles
Someone told me the #1 defense was 8-0 in this situation, prior to tonight's game. Now 9-0.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account