Extra Life 2017

General Chat

This Saturday, April 29, is International Tabletop Day. It is also the Chits & Bits Game Marathon supporting the Barbara Bush Children's Hospital at Maine Medical Center. I will be attending!

I am flying to Maine on Thursday, staying with my friends (who run this event each year), and taking part in the marathon.

To acknowledge my support, I made a second Extra Life profile page, and made a donation to their hospital. If you are from the area, or just wish to disperse support, feel free to join in helping me support their team and hospital!

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/futilesCandB

I will be back to promoting my KU Med Profile next week...
Three hours until go time for the Barbara Bush Children's Hospital. International Tabletop Day is a go.
After winning $6500 at ELU, I decided to have a little something made for myself, for when I go to conventions, to try and get attention and start a conversation.

This is the final image, and it will be shipping out shortly:

That's awesome! Should definitely catch people's eye!
That's awesome! Should definitely catch people's eye!
Originally Posted by jeffmomm
Thanks, I will post some detailed pics once I get it in hand, and it will be on display at AF2017.
Taking part in the #100DaysofGaming this year, playing something every day leading up to the marathon.
Taking part in the #100DaysofGaming this year, playing something every day leading up to the marathon.
Originally Posted by futiles
Maybe some of those will be on XBOX?
Maybe some of those will be on XBOX?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Interesting, each day so far has included Xbox games...
Looks like each day will include a little Gems of War. Maybe by Extra Life game day, I will have all the kingdom quests done, and most of the kingdoms at/near 5 stars.
I got a couple of Kingdom quests finished today in Gems of War. I think I have 7 or 8 kingdoms with quest battles left. Every kingdom is owned, at level 10, and at least a silver star. Two kingdoms are 5-star, and one is 4-star, almost 5. I was doing the quests with my soul team, but, the quests are so slow, with the "story" screens, and having to re-enter every couple of battles, I switched to my main team in an effort to speed it up. My main team wins the matches in about 30 seconds.
Last edited 08-07-2017 at 04:54 AM by futiles.
Got another kingdom to 5-stars, ad another to 4-stars. Had my Seafall meet-up. We are 10 games in, and are definitely approaching the end. I am leading, and will need to take a risk next game to keep the lead. Played Caverna: Cave vs Cave (A mid-complexity 2-player Action Selection), Unlock! The Formula (An "Escape the Room" game driven by an app and cards), and then two games of Wordsy (A word game, but, an abstract word game).
Played a lot today: Gems of War, Loonacy, Timeline: Americana, Ticket to Ride: Card Game, Animal Upon Animal: Card Game, Animal Upon Animal, Moose in the House, Stack Jack, Battle Kittens, Happy Salmon, Flipping Birds, Le Boomb, Scrabble Slam, Story Cubes, Story Cubes Actions, and Jenga!

It was game day at the library, and I was doing demos and teaching.
Today was my bi-weekly game day with my boardgame group. We got five different games to the table, one of which I had never played before. I leave for GenCon on Tuesday, so, I plan to have a wildly busy week, and will hopefully sneak some daily gaming in.
Played a lot today: Gems of War, Loonacy, Timeline: Americana, Ticket to Ride: Card Game, Animal Upon Animal: Card Game, Animal Upon Animal, Moose in the House, Stack Jack, Battle Kittens, Happy Salmon, Flipping Birds, Le Boomb, Scrabble Slam, Story Cubes, Story Cubes Actions, and Jenga!

It was game day at the library, and I was doing demos and teaching.
Hmmm, there's a ticket to ride card game?
Hmmm, there's a ticket to ride card game?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Yeah, it's pretty good, too. Unlike many card game variants of traditional games, this is by the same designer as the main game (Alan R. Moon). Usually the designer or publisher will farm out that work to a different designer. So, the game, while very different than traditional TtR, definitely has the same feel. It plays in about 30 minutes, 2-4 players.
What's your total at now?
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
$6805 and counting...
Caught up my #100DaysofGaming log, GenCon did not give me much time to make posts.
$6805 and counting...
Holy amazing!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account