The Dren's Guild (Gems of War)

Gems of War

Did you want to attempt the "Team Synergy" Achievement & 40K seals in 3 weeks??

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 13 (25.00%) Absolutely 100%, I live for helping my new guild members!

× 16 (30.77%) NO - I'm not interested in helping out!

× 23 (44.23%) Maybe - I am a slacker!

• Added 07-20-2017 01:44 AM
  • 52 votes
Suggested teams;
Veritas
Diviner
Ishbaala
Infernus

Mang (Warden class counts as beast)
Forest Guardian
Queen Aurora
Queen Aurora

Veritas
Divine Ishbaala
Valkyrie
Pharos-Ra

I haven't tried any of those, since I don't have Infernus, Ishabaala or more than one Queen Aurora. My current team is;
Mang (Archer class to start w/half mana)
Satue of St. Veritas (from invasion shop)
Jotnar Stormshield
Queen Aurora

It's working for early tiers, but will probably need to change at least Jotnar out, since it and Queen take too long to charge up for later when they have one hit kills.Might try swapping w/Paladin.
Last edited 05-08-2018 at 10:57 PM by Buckswana.
Do the Boss boosts work? I though they only worked for actual Boss named troops, not towers. I'll post what I'm using when I get home and have a look.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
You are correct. The boss boost does not work on the towers. So far that seems to be the weakest link. Mang is still king.
I was doing good with my team until I got to about Boss level 70.

Hero with Mang
This weeks godslayer from shop (I forget the name)
Boar Rider
Rocket Goblin

I'd recommend starting with the Mang and Special Event troop every week. I filled in the last 2 spots with the troops I had already upgraded the most...then wait for Buck to chime in with the best strategy haha
I'm using...
Fleshripper (this week's weapon) or Mang w/Archer class
Hellcackle (this week's troop)
Princess Fizzbang
Bugbear (damage based on life lost)

Tried Queen Grapplepot in the last slot originally, but Bugbear seems a better bet. Lost one or two fights so far, but overall seems to be working fairly well. Charge the first and second before using on the boss then clean up with Bugbear or whoever gets charged next. Then clean up the other enemies.

Rocket Goblin is another good option, if you can use him to set up cascades or skull matches.
I'm using...
Fleshripper (this week's weapon) or Mang w/Archer class
Princess Fizzbang
Bugbear (damage based on life lost)

Tried Queen Grapplepot in the last slot originally, but Bugbear seems a better bet. Lost one or two fights so far, but overall seems to be working fairly well. Charge the first and second before using on the boss then clean up with Bugbear or whoever gets charged next. Then clean up the other enemies.

Rocket Goblin is another good option, if you can use him to set up cascades or skull matches.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Which banner and is Archer class maxed?
I'm using...
Mang w/Archer class
Boar Rider
Goblin King

I started using Fleshripper (this week's weapon), but found that Mang is still the better overall weapon. I use Mang on the boss, then use Hellcake to finish it off. The armor pulled from the boss is usually enough to get my ATK up high to one-shot everything else. Boar rider to set up some chains, and the King to summon more troops as buffer should the game decide it wants to bend me over and go at it raw, no lube.
Which banner and is Archer class maxed?
Originally Posted by N1ghtmareb4xmas
Depends on whether using the Mang or Fleshripper. I don't remember which one I used though. It's been pretty good up until level 150, after which I've kind of hit a wall. I tried the Goblin King, but found Bugbear more effective, plus the extra turn. And yes, my Archer class is maxed, since it gives you a 15% chance to kill on skull damage, and start battles with half mana already.
should the game decide it wants to bend me over and go at it raw, no lube.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
WOW! Sounds like a really fun game! I think I am glad I never started it. :-D lol
Looking for suggestions for tower team for this weeks event
Hope Crescent (Hero event weapon, Mang otherwise. Archer class)
Spirit Dancer
Sir Wulfric (event troop)
Totem Guardian

Can also use Fenrir in place of the Totem Guardian
Mang (archer class)
Banshee (makes red gems to power up the mang)
God slayer (Carmella??)
Draakulis

I ponied up to tier 4 in the shop this week to level up the godslayer...that being said the majority of the damage comes from using the mang as usual. I thought I was fortunate enough to get Draakulis in a chest this week. Takes forever to fill up and doesn't do enough damage so I would say hes easily replaceable
Haven't really looked at it yet. Saw a team of;
Wraith
Banshee
Hope's Crescent (hero)
Bat Swarm

or;

Draakulis
Mang (hero)
Carmella
Umberwolf
although most people are recommending the Hope's Crescent over the Mang for this one.

Edit: I'm trying this right now, seems to be working well;
Ghoul
Hope's Crescent (Hero/Archer class)
Carmella
Banshee
Last edited 06-16-2018 at 03:21 AM by Buckswana.
Well boys, what is the hot Centaur deck tech this week?
Mt current team is

Artema
Hope Crescent
Herne
Astral Spirit
I've been using the budget team of:

Hero w/Mountain Crusher (Archer class) [sub in Mang when the towers get higher armor]
Herne (best to have this & Star Gazer fully traited)
Herdmaster
Star Gazer (sub in The Worldbreaker if budget isn't a problem)

Good potential for extra turns with this team.
I've been using;
Artema
Mang (Hero)
Herne
Herdmaster
Archer class w/Lantern Banner

May try swapping Mang for Hope's Crescent, but it's been working pretty well.
Shocktopus
Hero w/Mang
Kraken
godslayer

Dragon banner.
I caught a bald eagle today. 'Murica. FREEDOM.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account