I accidently deleted my thread subscriptions

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 6 posts - Go to Last Post

Resolved
I was trying to set all my subscriptions to instant email, for example game submissions and i accidently deleted them? I went to "subscribed threads" i hit the checkmark to select all and then i clicked "instant notification" and hit go but instead of setting them to instant email it deleted my subscription. It seems that there are 2 buttons with selected threads, one above the threads and one below and that when i click "go" it executes both functions and the bottom one was still set to delete. Also when i click the Orange/Yellow "Subscribed" button on this thread itself instead of going to my subscribed threads i am redirected to the homepage.

I think it would be useful if there is way i can automatically subscribe with notifications when i post a game info submission Smile
Last edited 08-02-2022 at 02:40 PM by Thijminecraft02.
I believe you are automatically subscribed to threads you post or reply in unless you change it. On this page: https://www.gamertagnation.com/profi...=notifications under the heading "Thread Updates" is a drop down menu with the options
  • Do Not Subscribe
  • No email notification
  • Instant email notification
  • Daily email notification
  • Weekly email notification

You can also subscribe to threads manually (such as the ones you deleted the subscriptions to) as there is a "Subscribe" button in the grey bar under the thread title in each thread.

If you are asking for a way to more readily choose individual subscription types from the thread (so that you can keep the default "subscribe" and click in the thread itself an email notification) you may want to post that as a feature request here: https://www.gamertagnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2009
It does not subscribe me when i post a game info submission, also there is a bug where the subscriptions page does not work properly, i tried to change all my subscriptions to instant email. However they got deleted instead when i clicked go, i think this is because the page has forms with options, both above subbed threads and below so because the bottom one was still set to delete it deleted them even thought i set the top one to instant email and clicked go.
Status changed to 'Resolved' - Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I'm sorry this issue caused your subscriptions to be removed. I was able to duplicate the issue on my end as well.

This was caused by the fact that there were 2 select boxes on the page - one above the table and one below the table. I went ahead and removed the select box above the table and left the select box below the table. This page now works as expected.

See Thread Subscriptions
I personally would prefer the top box over the bottom one, but thank you for fixing this Smile
I personally would prefer the top box over the bottom one, but thank you for fixing this Smile
Originally Posted by Thijminecraft02
Those bulk actions boxes are remnants of an older UI this site was built off of. They will be placed at the top and bottom of grids and work much better in the new UI I'm working on.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account