Xbox Live Members May Be Rewarded for Good Behaviour

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 8 posts - Go to Last Post

If your an outstanding gamer on Xbox LIVE, you might just get a cookie for your good behaviour! No, I only kid. Cookies wouldn't be that great to some people... I know who doesn't like cookies!?

In reality, Microsoft is actually considering a system that is going to reward those who are well-behaved on Xbox LIVE. Meaning, those who have came across a troll that gave you bad reputation will be outta luck.

Development lead Frank Savage revealed Microsoft's plan during a talk at GDC aimed at ID@Xbox developers, as recounted by Polygon. If you have a good reputation and "you're this amazing player everyone wants to be with," Savage says, Xbox Live's reputation algorithm may recognise that and grant you a reward.

While only in the brainstorming phase at the moment, the eventual goal is to go beyond simply penalising players for bad behaviour, instead "actively encouraging" them to be better members of the community.

Microsoft Xbox has already been operating a Rewards program that you must opt in to see free gifts or rebates on purchases made through Xbox Store.

I've been opted into this Rewards program for a while now and already gained 2,110 Microsoft Points and 19,300 credits earned from purchasing stuff over the years.
I thought games for gold was our reward... I don't know, this will either be epic win or epic failure...
I very rarely report people, for instance when I encounter a cheater or a hacker and I report them, but I basically never give POSITIVE reviews to people, so I should do that more often if this is true. I guess I just find that it's NATURAL to be positive player. Only when someone goes out of their way to help me out or gives good orders to a team I sometimes remember to positively review a player.
I don't honestly think this will work out. I never use the feedback component. If I encounter a troll online or something, I simply leave the lobby and search again.
I haven't ever used the ratings tool as its too much work to get to. Wouldn't even attempt it on Xbox One with how slow the dash loads between stuff.
I use it all the time and I can just see the boosting threads in TA and the like now...i think this would be cool if they could somehow manage to really sift thru the BS...but...not likely.
Good idea, but not all the gamers that deserve to be rewarded will. I checked my rep not too long ago and there were a bunch of negatives for leaving early and something else I can't recall. I've never bailed on games.. I know I've lost connection at times so sadly that comes back as negative feedback when I had nothing to do with it.
Good idea, but not all the gamers that deserve to be rewarded will. I checked my rep not too long ago and there were a bunch of negatives for leaving early and something else I can't recall. I've never bailed on games.. I know I've lost connection at times so sadly that comes back as negative feedback when I had nothing to do with it.
Originally Posted by roce96
Most likely why its taken them this long to rework it and figure out a way to do it without people abusing it. I'm curious to see how it works honestly.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account