This morning i was one of the several people who went to Game early to pick up a copy of GTA4. Amazingly enough they had stock after the midnight release but that was for pre orders only apparently.

Anyhoo i decided to go with the ps3 version and wait til autumn/fall to get the 360 version.

I stll don't quite know how to feel about it. For those whove played Saints Row you will notice some similarities like the health circle and the better hand-to-hand. It's GTA, a new one but not much has changed. I wasn't expecting much change as i love the set up but do you really need all those boring meet and greet missions. It's an 18+ acton game and i want some sexy violence! In a few moments of saying that i was satisfied and wondered down the streets of LC stabbing people in the crotch with a knife.

Your impressions so far?
Not bad... just wondering why in particular you choose to stab them in the crotch, Billy? Is this is some way a cry for help, or are you just missing the friendly blows you used to deliver to my groinal areas with blunt objects?

Give us the full lowdown, man... I don't trust these review sites at all... You may want to even give us a short first impressions review, based on gameplay, sound, graphics, etc. It'll be interesting to hear your views on it. Actually, your views always tend to be interesting and rather fatal. What say you? It's not a bad idea...

And what's this whole business for a fall release? I wasn't aware of it, and are there any articles you could link for the benefit of the other members?
i dont know it just happened!!!

the new dlc comes in autumn for 360

i posted a short impression in the review section which ill update later.
I'll check the first impressions. Thanks, Billy. And I look forward to your updates in the near future... We'll make a gaming columnist out of you yet! Big Grin If you're in the mood, maybe a few choice screenshots of your antics would remind me of ye old room of saucy banter... as well as brighten up the column.... Only you would ever think about jumping out of a plane and rocket launchering shit on your way down...

Maybe we can even start a competition.... Most crazy screenshot... He may even be willing to make an ornament for it, and a custom sig. Well... I'll take care of the sig...

EDIT: Your review skills are getting better and better... just browsed through all of them, and I have to say I'm impressed mate.
Last edited 04-29-2008 at 02:06 PM by Killak.
I wasn't able to get myself a copy of GTA IV on launch day, but I am looking forward to getting the game in about a week and a half. I'm still playing through Burnout Paradise and that's got me occupied for now. I read over your review and I'm still anxious to play through the game. Just wanted to stop by and let you know that the reviews you are making are exceptional. I really liked the Condemned 2 review (going offtopic now) so I hope to see more from you in the future. I'll be contributing my own reviews on games that I've played as well.
thanks a lot. i'll review more as i go on. I'll update my GTA as soon as i can.
I'd like to announce: I am finally getting GTAIV this evening. I will be updating the page with my own guides and review for GTAIV as I play. Based on everything I've heard about the game, I may be gone for a few days. And by gone, I mean in Liberty City.
Don't need to tell me. That game is more addicting than any RPG and GTA to date. My exams are over so now im free to roam virtual streets without feeling guilty about doing no revision.

I'll update my review now with more impressions.
Don't need to tell me. That game is more addicting than any RPG and GTA to date. My exams are over so now im free to roam virtual streets without feeling guilty about doing no revision.

I'll update my review now with more impressions.
Originally Posted by Blank Planet
Nice one mate... I'll be sure to pick up on them.
Honestly, this game is phenomenal. They kept the GTA aspect and just giving it some extra physics + eye candy.

This game just keeps getting better and better with missions...and harder. (Also, the twist are awesome.)
What i liked is that i returned to simple cars and bikes. no ridiculous remote controlled planes and all that stuff that...lets face it was stupid. Haven't checked to se how far ive gone but i have a feeling im on the final leg or so. Most sites said a week of playing can get it done and ive spent just over so the end is coming...but when?
Lol.. I love it when you can't tell.. That makes it all the more realistic and exciting. What vehicles are available? Are there like helicopters and planes?

Or is it just Ye old bikes and cars. I havent got a problem with that, but some plane and heli missions were fun, especially sky diving in San Andreas.
bikes,cars,boats, helicopters. dont think planes are in this one.

EDIT:

I'm on the last mission now. i'll complete it tomorrow when i can think. got a bit overwhelmed just now.
Last edited 05-08-2008 at 08:19 PM by Blank Planet. Reason: updates on sexy violence
Nice one... Unless they plan on surprising you in a later level, eh? Are there any chances to leave liberty City? I don't know the GTA4 world layout... could you post a map as an IMG, so we could browse?
Well just after i thought the game had finished it hasn't! Turns out the choices you make do actually have an impact. While I'm not complaining this mission is actually harder then the one i just did...the one i thought would end it. Oh well. *Loads M4*
I'm guessing the ever reliable M4 is your current fave, billy?

You were always a pistol monger in the other GTAs....
i use the deagle a lot for getting headshots and a few shot kills. i prefer the mac in this game to the other mini mp5 spin off mainly as its 50 rounds. The AK was cool but seems a bit cliche when playing as an eastern European
i use the deagle a lot for getting headshots and a few shot kills. i prefer the mac in this game to the other mini mp5 spin off mainly as its 50 rounds. The AK was cool but seems a bit cliche when playing as an eastern European
Originally Posted by Blank Planet
Cliche's fun... especially when drunk on vodka and shouting bogus russian slogans at the TV, as one of my mates down the hall has taken to doing...

:-P

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account