Ultimate Fighting Championship [MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS]

Sports

Found 4 posts - Go to Last Post

UFC president Dana White said Friday that Nate Diaz will remain on the UFC 200 card, but that his fight will not come against Conor McGregor.

Diaz threw a wrench into White's plans at Friday's news conference, however, saying that he would like to fight McGregor, or not fight at all.

"Everybody knows what's been going on with the main event for UFC 200," White said. "Nate Diaz will fight, and we're gonna find him a new opponent."

Diaz, speaking after White, said, "I came here to fight Conor. I'm not real interested in anyone else."

McGregor was conspicuously absent from Friday's news conference, which came a day after he released a statement on social media stating he was not retired, despite a post earlier in the week that said he was stepping away from the sport.

Tuesday, in response to McGregor's earlier post, UFC pulled him from a scheduled rematch against Diaz at UFC 200 on July 9, saying McGregor had refused to fly to Las Vegas to participate in promotional obligations.
Originally Posted by ESPN
Diaz/McGregor looks like it's over and maybe McGregor's UFC days are up but will Diaz fight in the end?
I wouldn't count McGregor out just yet... As for Nate at 200, depends on how much money they throw at him, but Nate is also not afraid to walk away either. That's why they had Jones fight for the interim Championship this past weekend so that they could get Jones v. Comier at 200 for the headliner. They want 200 to be huge and they kind of blew their wad already with McGregor v Diaz and Holmes v. Tate. Now its gonna be Tate v.Rousey 3 and Comeir v.Jones 2. I think McGregor knows he's not going to be ready for Nate by then so he had to do something to cause a suspension and live up to his bad boy moniker. The only thing now is McGregor hasn't deafened his title in a while now,so he may get it stripped or they may make him fight someone else with the ultimatum of stripping his title. Either way it just shows McGregor's character. Personally I like him and I don't like him. I also think a McGregor v Diaz 2 wouldn't have lived up to the hype...maybe that's why this thing happened it was a conspiracy...if McGregor doesn't get his title stripped then maybe that's what I'll go with... I also have a conspiracy theory on Jones v. Comier 2, but I'll just leave that be for now.
Anyone watching this season of the Ultimate Fighter?
Anyone watching this season of the Ultimate Fighter?
Originally Posted by SpectreSubZero
Not currently, didn't realize it had started. Who's on?

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account