Stranger Things (Caution - May Contain Spoilers)

Entertainment

Found 31 posts - Go to Last Post

Are you watching Stranger Things?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 15 (30.00%) Yep, love it.

× 14 (28.00%) No, what is it?

× 21 (42.00%) Here's another poll count for you,, but I'd rather you watched the show...

• Added 08-01-2016 06:15 PM
  • 50 votes
Okay, who on GTN has started watching this unfortunately short (only 8 episodes), but incredible show? My wife and I have binge-watched it this past weekend, and it is brilliant. I love the great 80's vibe it recreates and the intensity it holds you to is near stressful. Lets chat about it.
Don't ruin it! I just watched the first episode and yea I love everything about it so far..just tell me one thing (without spoiling it) does it wrap everything up at the end sufficiently,just in case there is no second season or is there definite questions that lead to definite part 2?
Just downloaded all eps this past weekend, heard it was pretty good.
Don't ruin it! I just watched the first episode and yea I love everything about it so far..just tell me one thing (without spoiling it) does it wrap everything up at the end sufficiently,just in case there is no second season or is there definite questions that lead to definite part 2?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Yes and no. It sums it all up nicely, but leaves a few doors cleverly open that would make a great 2nd season (or more). It's brilliant. So very well done.
I finished watching this. I tried to go one a day, but just couldn't help myself after episode 4... Yup hooked me good and binged the last 4.. You were right about the ending. Man love this show and I hope they do another season. It's my new Walking Dead!

There were some pretty cool twist, character development wise that I liked. I'm gong to leave it right there for now but I won't promise I'm not going to spoil it any further discussion.
Yeah, let's let it slowly come to a boil bef9re we get all crazy on the plot... I have some questions to pose...
I just finished watching this last night. It's fantastic you all need to get your eyeballs on this.
I just finished watching this last night. It's fantastic you all need to get your eyeballs on this.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
It's so hard to not binge it, right? Once it starts rolling, it's super intense. We started watching it again, and although it's been viewed, we missed a bunch of subtle details and we are still gripping the seat.
OK screw it spoilers ahead.....

I'm just kinda set back that the older Biers kid didn't get the girl in the end...
It's so hard to not binge it, right? Once it starts rolling, it's super intense. We started watching it again, and although it's been viewed, we missed a bunch of subtle details and we are still gripping the seat.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
It so well done on all fronts that it hard to not want to watch another episode. Even now I wake up with the opening theme in my head and want to watch another episode, but there are none. I may have to just rewatch it again also.
OK screw it spoilers ahead.....

I'm just kinda set back that the older Biers kid didn't get the girl in the end...
I was kind of ok with that. I think he is much older then her. She is still in high school and he certainly isn't.
I was kind of ok with that. I think he is much older then her. She is still in high school and he certainly isn't.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I didn't think he was that much older like maybe a year or two out of high,but maybe your right at least the other kid turned out not to be such a dick after all.
I had mixed feelings about that love triangle. I rooted for Jonathan to eventually win, but re-watching definitely shows that she is actually madly in love with Steve. She transforms herself to fit in, and even though it was dissonant, she kept at it. Steve then became a real man and matured - and she melted. Jonathan never really evolved past his arc.

Now, did IT kill Dr. Brenner or not?

Is Will really home?

Where did Eleven go?
I had mixed feelings about that love triangle. I rooted for Jonathan to eventually win, but re-watching definitely shows that she is actually madly in love with Steve. She transforms herself to fit in, and even though it was dissonant, she kept at it. Steve then became a real man and matured - and she melted. Jonathan never really evolved past his arc.

Now, did IT kill Dr. Brenner or not?

Is Will really home?

Where did Eleven go?

Yup it got him right there at the end

Nope that ain't real Will

I hope they bring El back.. she seemed like the tragic hero.. pissed me off but I saw that coming a mile away.
No, it just pounced him, but we never saw a confirmation of death (body, blood, dismemberment, etc...) I think Brenner is going to return, injured, and even more psychotic.

I think El may have gained an ability to travel between the worlds on a whim. At least I hope so. Then she can battle Evil Will on both spectrums....

Fan fiction, here we come! lol
No, it just pounced him, but we never saw a confirmation of death (body, blood, dismemberment, etc...) I think Brenner is going to return, injured, and even more psychotic.

I think El may have gained an ability to travel between the worlds on a whim. At least I hope so. Then she can battle Evil Will on both spectrums....
Oil
Fan fiction, here we come! lol
Good hypothesis, I can believe either or scenario with Brenner, maybe he'll get caught in the upside down and learn how to manipulate it? Say evil wizard like? As for El, yea I hope she's just connected to the upside down kinda of like a young Luke Skywalker and she's just disembodied like but will eventually find a way to re create her body. I think he monster may actually be her,but all her hate/rage/fear all rolled into one because of all the crap she's been put thru. It kind of splintered and manifested itself, that's why when she first touched it it broke the barriers between the worlds. She knew if she touched it something bad would happen to her but she just didn't know the extent of it and that's why she knew she had to touch it again to save the kids... And then there Will. I think that he's now host and is going to maybe create a small army or maybe just a few elite offspring that can switch between worlds. Brenner will eventually figure out how to do this too or even he may become one of them? Maybe his mind trapped inside one?

The possibilities are pretty vast...hell they can even put this in the future, like 10 years. Like every season is a gradual leap into the future?
Season 2, announced for 2017!!!!
That is great!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account